No announcement yet.

Grace (713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT has won a Leo for her acting in Grace.

Congratulations to her, she is a good actress and deserved her award.

Madeleine

Comment

Congrulations Amanda Tapping on her award for Grace, and congrulations to Michael Shanks for his acting in Lifeboat
      __

__

Comment

This ep is one of my faves in season 7 although the plotting to get it going is awfully done.
        Still, it's a great ep for Sam and AT to act her cutsey butt off. ))
        I'm glad she won the Leo Award for it.

I recently read this Episode Guide...
        http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season7/0713/

and I'm a little...confused as to how they interpret the "ship" scenes.
        Am I the only one who hears that Jack (herself) is telling her to move on and get over him?! Which in itself is why I like the episode...because it shows her that she's just infatuated with him because she wants a father figure and is afraid that if she really falls for a guy, he'll die.
        Gaterelle

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterelle
          This ep is one of my faves in season 7 although the plotting to get it going is awfully done.
          Still, it's a great ep for Sam and AT to act her cutsey butt off. ))
          I'm glad she won the Leo Award for it.

I recently read this Episode Guide...
          http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season7/0713/

and I'm a little...confused as to how they interpret the "ship" scenes.
          Am I the only one who hears that Jack (herself) is telling her to move on and get over him?! Which in itself is why I like the episode...because it shows her that she's just infatuated with him because she wants a father figure and is afraid that if she really falls for a guy, he'll die.
          What I gathered from it is that She is infatuated with Oneil because she knows she and him can never be together...I think she's afraid of commitment...and by having a thing for Jack..a thing that just isn't possible..it's a safe thing. She also can't get hurt..because the relationship can never go anywhere but where it is..it's a comfort zone I think.
          It feels good to be alive.
          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I took her introspection to mean that she was/is confused about her own feelings and she was afraid that she was using Jack to keep from being hurt, which is why we got "Chimera"; she was trying to get out there and take that risk again.

However I don't think now, nor did I think then that it was in any way ending anything, for which I'm glad.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
              I'm actually shocked so many didn't like this episode.
              Me too. There have been a lot of complaints that Sam's been "weak" and "girly" in S7. I don't see it that way at all.

Sam's such a strong woman, but who's to say she has to be so strong ALL the time? Can't she have her bad days? Months? The occassional year? What woman doesn't start doubting herself from time to time, wondering where her life is taking her and who it's taking her with? I think it's perfectly in character for Sam to start wondering these things. I don't think it's "weak" of her to want a man in her life, especially since the one she wants is unattainable. What's wrong with companionship? Having someone to come home to, and not wanting to live one's life alone?

That said, I think that Pete is just a fling and somehow Sam will find her way back to Jack. There, I said it.

Besides, you gotta love that kiss, even if it was all in her head.
              Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Er, not really. I mean about loving it.
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
                  Thing is, though, not even in her head did The Kiss happen. The "before" and "after" scenes clearly indicated that, even in her state of hallucination, Sam was suppressing that urge. Certainly said a lot about her. I thought it was a brilliant touch.
                  In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

This is one of those episodes at the end of season 7 that was lacking.

Comment

It was well acted... we get to see jake... even if he was a hallucination.

Comment

1) why does Jack showup in civilen cloths but Dan & til'c are in uniform?

2) who the hell war that ship?? (i know this was discused)

Comment

Go to the Season Seven episodes thread for Grace. This should give you some more understanding!
                          __

__

Comment

I thought Grace was the worst episode ever.

Comment

I loved this episode, one of my all time Favourites, we finally get an episode about Sam. It had a great feel to it. it was really interesting to see how she viewed Daniel, Jack, Tealc and her dad, especially Daniel, he was different. the child Grace could mean alot of things, a child she never had because of her career, a lost childhood - going by that bubble scene even before her mum died it looked as though she was more interested in seeing how things were made than having fun.
                              I'm also very surprised that so many people didn't like it. And i never once saw sam as weak and girly in season 7 at all. she's had a hard life. i also can't understand some people saying she got too much screen time in season 7 as well. personally i think that Season 7; though obviously Jack lite (which i dont mind due to RDA's reasons) was great for the characters of Sam and Daniel and Teal'c.
                              About Sam saying jack is a type of comfort Zone, and that shes afraid to love someone because it must enevitably end in pain, i cant blame her and that was no big suprise for me, just look at her history, every one she cared about usally ended up dead

Comment

1: It was all (or most) in Carter's head.

2: Some really powerful aliens with the exact technology level needed to leave Carter alone on the BC-303 so she could have dreams about stuff.
                                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Working...
                                X