Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Grace (713)

Default Re: Grace (713)

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine_W
    I thought 'safe bet' meant that they couldn't have a relationship so it was 'safe' for her emotionally to fall for him cos it would never go anywhere, as opposed to a real boyfriend who might want more - like commitment, marriage and all that dangerous jazz.
    yeah you are correct but I don't think that Jack would be a save bet. I still wonder what kind of Race was that ship??
    Lord Zedd

Earth Symbol Re: Grace (713)

Quote Originally Posted by _Anubis
    yeah you are correct but I don't think that Jack would be a save bet. I still wonder what kind of Race was that ship??
    My guess is the fuzzy wuzzy Furlings...

http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...ans/ateyes.jpg
    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ejay_angel.jpg

First Lieutenant SimilarCadence's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sg-1fanintn
    Thanks! I like your take on it. All I could get out of it was that he was a "safe bet" because she knew if she was willing to give up something professionally, their relationship could become reality.

I'm just hoping for a positive resolution to their years of angst and yearning in S9. I don't even have to see it! Just so it's explained in script and TPTB acknowledge that they're together! However, seeing it would be even better, even if it's in flashback.

Any other interpretations?

I'm also hoping for a positive, definite, tangible resolution even if it's reduced to nothing more than a passing comment by Daniel or Teal'c about the beautiful engagement ring Sam is wearing!!! Or a photo on Sam's shelf of Sam and Jack's elopement!! (Excuse my imagination taking off........)

I really hope TPTB will indulge us with something a little more detailed than that though. I think the characters of Sam and Jack deserve more than a passing nod......

Like you, I'd like to see it with my own eyes, right up there on the screen!

First Lieutenant SimilarCadence's Avatar

UberSG-1Fan, I just wanted to tell you how great your signature is! (I could watch it over and over----and I have, on occasion!)

Chief Master Sergeant ohshocking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SimilarCadence
    I'm also hoping for a positive, definite, tangible resolution even if it's reduced to nothing more than a passing comment by Daniel or Teal'c about the beautiful engagement ring Sam is wearing!!! Or a photo on Sam's shelf of Sam and Jack's elopement!! (Excuse my imagination taking off........)

I really hope TPTB will indulge us with something a little more detailed than that though. I think the characters of Sam and Jack deserve more than a passing nod......

Like you, I'd like to see it with my own eyes, right up there on the screen!
    Me too! If they just get a random comment about, 'oh Sam and Jack are off on their honeymoon', as great as it would be to know that they ended up together, I'd be really disappointed. After so many years of angst I at least want to see their first real kiss! (That, you know, they both remember and isn't effectively wiped out by time turning back i.e. WoO)

Something so important to half of the main cast deserves some more attention, I'm not asking for like them being all cute and fluffy throughout every single episode they're together, as TPTB won't want to alienate the noromo's, but I definitely think we (and Sam and Jack!) deserve some sort of resolution that we get to see!
    Uncontrolled Destiny
    My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/ShepWeir.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant

Question haha episode 713

in this episode when Carter tells the alien ship what she wants and in return she will help the out...when the crew appears what dose it look like...an asgard beam, i think it might have been a race that stole it from them or it was the asgard them self

Default Re: haha episode 713

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient665
    in this episode when Carter tells the alien ship what she wants and in return she will help the out...when the crew appears what dose it look like...an asgard beam, i think it might have been a race that stole it from them or it was the asgard them self
    If it was an Asgard beam, I believe that the race stole it from them. If it was the Asgard, we would have know it almost immediately.

[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]Could someone answer a question for me? I usually dissect all the "ship" episodes, etc., but part of the exchange between Sam and Imaginary Jack in "Grace" has always puzzled me. It's listed below, and my question is this: If Sam feels Jack is so unobtainable, why is he a "safe bet"?

I wanna throw my thoughts on this, my idea of why Sam sees Jack as a safe bet is simply cos they love each other the zatarc detector confirmed it but they knew before this even (IMO) they just agreed to ignore it. So Jack remains unobtainable because despite this love both know they will never break the regs or give up the SGC at least until all their goals are achieved. Again IMO.
    This makes the way the kiss plays out even more intense for me as Sam realises she can only ever imagine what it would be like between them even if she is not sure (at the time) of what was real.

Heres my thoughts on the episode as a whole I can see why a lot of people might not like it and am surprised only a couple of posts picked up on how much of a star trek feel it has,but for my part that was deliberate those writers enjoy messing with our heads for sure.
    The way the storyline allowed us to see sg1 from Sam's perspective was a brillant touch, and you can see how much fun the actors had putting a new spin on their respective characters not sure if thats a good thing or not to see the actors and not the character but its always a plus for me when I pick up on details like that and has never detracted from the enjoyment I have from stargate.
    It made a pleasant change to have an episode purely concerned with the people themselves not saving the word or universe or whatever more like this please.

An interesting yet cofusing epsidoe, what was the point?

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    Okay, okay, I know I've already posted some stuff on this ep, but to all the naysayers, I can only say: get over it. I like this episode and I'm putting off homework to boot.
    Oh, I'm over it... I'll never watch it again...
    *yawn*
    Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    Not much as far as I can see... Sam gets epiphanous moment and we see it get played out in 40 something minutes... A warm fuzzy episode for Sam fans but not much for the rest of us...

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Quote Originally Posted by SimilarCadence
    Zats writes:

"Some critics have said that Sam seems weak and girly. Yes, she cries. Yes, she has a few heart-to-hearts with herself. Yes, it reveals a new vulnerablity we hadn't seen before. No, she isn't blasting goa'uld spacecraft into oblivion or waving a P-90. But none of those make her 'weak' or 'girly'. They make her real."

Well, better late than never! (It's a little longer than a week and a half....) What a relief to hear someone say this!
    Yes. Heck she saved the whole crew while suffering from a massive concussion. As far as her teary moments, I've heard people often get that way with concussions. (not to mention that thinking you will probably die alone in space might make anyone a little contemplative and emotional).
    Not my favorite episode ever, but a great showcase for AT.

This was OK, but loses some points because, except for Sam's visions, not much of the rest of the team.

Who were the aliens?

What trip was this of the Prometheus? Was this them finally bringing it back from the Tegaren (Memento), homeworld?

Second Lieutenant ApophisOfTheStargateRealm's Avatar

i really wasnt too pleased with this episode...i still really dont understand it too much but it seemed a bit out of place and random, sam hits her head, wakes up, and the crew is gone...she then encounters all sorts of people
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

I was just wondering if it was possible that the ship was of Ori origin. The ship sort of has that open circle look to it that same as that head Ori guy had behind his head. Maybe maybe not I don't know just a guess.
    Just my humble 18 year old conservative opinion.

Amanda Tapping played very well! Like the others actors actually..

I love this episode because I'm a fan of the Sam/Jack relationship and i loved the conversation they've had in the ship!!

The end of the episode was great too! I love when Sam said "Jack" ..Great!Great!Great!!

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Zat Re: Grace (713)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily
    The end of the episode was great too! I love when Sam said "Jack" ..Great!Great!Great!!
    Let's face it...who doesn't?

[To NOROMOS: Quiet, you]

Chief Master Sergeant Night Marshal's Avatar

personally I really liked Grace. It a good Character Ep. It seems that people who don't like this ep want Carter to be something other than want she has become a very lonely Character. Sure she has her work but after that what keeps her going every day? I'm personally just getting back into Stargate after being gone from it since around the middle of the fourth season. This ep is nice to me because its a odd little charcter story something you don't see to often.

Re: Grace (713)

Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    I think Grace is one of those eps either people get or they don't. I happened originally to fall into that second category...but then I gave it some thought and would like to see if I can answer your question.

Grace was about Samantha Carter the person. We've seen Samantha Carter the scientist, the soldier, the friend, the daughter...Grace rolls all of that up and gets past all the things that usually defines her (typically the way she pulls a solution out of her...uh...head) and just leaves her.

She's typically a force of nature who blazes through the stargate on a near daily basis and lives off of the adrenaline fueled rush she gets from her work...but here, she's just herself.

And the hallucinations begin...each a different aspect of her personality...each either helping or hindering her from figuring things out.

So there she is, all by herself, marooned on a space ship with a serious head injury. She has to save herself but everything she tries, fails...leaving her time to think; about how to escape, sure, but also about her life, her goals, her objectives.

And for the first time in who knows how long, Samantha stops and really considers what she wants for herself beyond the naquadah reactors and P90's. Her "father" helps her see that she's missing out on a deep, rich committed relationship because she feared that any serious relationship would end in heartache. "Jack" helped her consider the possibility that maybe her feelings for him were based on the fact that he was out of reach.

So at the end of Grace, we saw Sam kinda say "goodbye" to Jack...she was going to move on and get that life that she had finally given herself permission to experience. The Sam at the beginning of the episode was profoundly different from the Sam at the end of the episode.

Now fortunately for me (and tons of others, I'll bet), Sam realizes that her original sense about her feelings for Jack were wrong...that her feelings for Jack were geniune...and that her attempt to have that "life" wouldn't work no matter how hard she tried hammering that square peg in and ignoring the red flags...IF it wasn't the right guy. But that's later.

So Grace was a Samantha Carter introspective...where she was FORCED to confront the areas of her life she'd been ignoring.

Brilliantly acted and great character growth episode.

Last edited by Uber; September 11th, 2005 at 05:18 PM.
    http://www.uberamandafan.com/assets/...ans/ateyes.jpg
    ...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ejay_angel.jpg

Stargate Re: Grace (713)

Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch like me....
    I once was lost but now am found,
    Was blind, but now, I see.

T'was Grace that taught
    my heart to fear.
    And Grace, my fears relieved.
    How precious did that Grace appear
    the hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
    we have already come.
    T'was Grace that brought us safe thus far
    and Grace will lead us home.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
    and mortal life shall cease,
    I shall possess within the veil,
    A life of joy and peace.

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch like me....
    I once was lost but now am found,
    Was blind, but now, I see.

-lyrics from various artists, I claim no ownership of these lyrics

Is it just me, or does that song just fit this episode? This was just a mindless, pointless post. A waste of space. Sorry.
    LaNd Of ThE LoSt
    LaNd Of ThE LoSt

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast