• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grace (713)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SEVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 713

Carter is injured when the Prometheus is attacked by an unknown ship, and awakens to find herself stranded alone in deep space.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:43 PM.

This episode was extremely disappointing.

The Sam episodes recently have been few, and when they finally get around to doing one, it's not very good.

It's not Amanda's fault at all, it's just it's an average episode. Nothing special at all.

I do however like the kiss. I don't like the part where she decides to date again. Boo!
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

did we ever work out 100% who grace was? i know theres been a lot of opinions on the subject..

Comment

it has about 30 mins to run on Sky Mix... I've just given Mr.MC a heart attack by running screaming from the room when he suggested I watch it.

He's confused about the Status of Stargate in our house now.

But honestly, this ep jars so much I can't even look at it. Although, there are some fab moments when we see how Sam percieves her team members.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I will NEVER watch this episode again. Does that tell everyone what I think of it?
          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I believe Amanda's theory was Grace is the child she could have had had she not been on SG-1 and put her career first.

Thats what I think too.
            ------
            Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Light spoilers.....

For me 'Grace' really didn't have any point. They never explained who those aliens were. Furlings? Romulans? And why they didn't get Carter as well.
              We got to see some stuff from her point of view, but that was about it.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                And why they didn't get Carter as well.
                Because she didn't get off in an escape pod?
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Spoilers......

haha bcmilco. I was under the impression that they were all transported out (since they were beamed back in), and since they didn't say "Abondond ship," how do we know that they weren't?
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I was actually semi-serious, because when she's looking around the ship there were no escape pods left, that lead me to believe the crew had used the escape pods.
                    Just don't ask me when they used them, or how the other ship picked them up, othewise that's the impression I got.
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

i enjoyed it jsut because, for the first time in years, there was actually an episode about sam.

maybe it's the old lit. student in me, but there was so much hidden meaning or themes in this, that it was fun to watch.

the boys were each a part of her, teal'c her warrior training, daniel the scholar, jacob her regrets, jack...her finally accepting that she's controlling her future?

grace....grace could have been a lot of things. she could be her future, she could also be the childhood sam lost when her mother died. she's could also be the part of sam that she denies...the part of her that's been lost under years of 'general's daughters don't behave that way'

i think, inside, sam is rather mischievous and ornry...but she doesn't dare show it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i liked this episode. i really did. i especially loved sams interpretation of daniel.
                        i think grace might be a representation of sams "inner child" and i think her physical appearance might be how she would imagine her own child would look.

and i'm with bcm on the escape pod thing. it makes the most sense other than sam fell into a plot hole when she was unconscious.

Comment

I'm actually shocked so many didn't like this episode.

I think it's probably one of my all time favorites. Not only is it nice looking...but the episode alone is VERY atmospheric..to the point of being almost spooky. She's alone on a ship, keeps hearing little sounds here and there...she's already spooked out and she sees what she believes at first to be figments of her imagination.

Sam was also well acted.

It was a fantastic episode. VERY atmospheric.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            I was actually semi-serious, because when she's looking around the ship there were no escape pods left, that lead me to believe the crew had used the escape pods.
                            This is the first explanation I've come across that maybe sheds light on why Sam was left behind. But were the escape pods actually gone? Sam thought she was out there longer than the four days she was missing. This made me think that perhaps not all the events she thought happened had happened. Were the pods really gone? Were multiple simulations run? Did she repackage food? Did she record a ship's log? Corraboration or the lack thereof from the Prometheus after the fact would have given some insight into the extent of Sam's head injury. Just what was real?

I've wondered if her being left behind had something to do with the wave distortion effect we see that seemed to come from the open crystal compartment. Was this caused by the enemy weapon fire? Or the ship entering the cloud? Or something else?

This was an interesting puzzle of an episode once I got past my eyerolling reaction that the Prometheus was involved. I really liked how the other members of SG-1 were slightly not themselves as they represented different aspects of Sam's personality. Or maybe this is how she sees them. A good character exploration episode.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                              I'm actually shocked so many didn't like this episode.

I think it's probably one of my all time favorites. Not only is it nice looking...but the episode alone is VERY atmospheric..to the point of being almost spooky. She's alone on a ship, keeps hearing little sounds here and there...she's already spooked out and she sees what she believes at first to be figments of her imagination.

Sam was also well acted.

It was a fantastic episode. VERY atmospheric.
                              I love this ep! As a Sam fan and as a shipper.

As a Sam fan, it delved into Sam's mind. Each one of her teammates represented something in her self. Teal'c the protector and warrior (the cowardly lion). Daniel the inquisitive and open-minded (the tin man). Jacob was her choices and self doubt (the wizard). Jack was her self respect and heart (the scarecrow). Yes, Sam was Dorothy, trying to find her way home.

I'll admit there were parts that I couldn't understand -Grace's true identity and who the aliens were- but there were so many things that I loved that it over-shadowed the questions.

As an S/J shipper, I loved it as well. Never will forget that kiss of all kisses!

This ep set Sam on a road of self discovery. I can't wait to see where it leads her.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X