Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Grace (713)

Stargate Grace (713)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    GRACE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 713

Carter is injured when the Prometheus is attacked by an unknown ship, and awakens to find herself stranded alone in deep space.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; August 3rd, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

Thumbs down Re: Grace (713)

This episode was extremely disappointing.

The Sam episodes recently have been few, and when they finally get around to doing one, it's not very good.

It's not Amanda's fault at all, it's just it's an average episode. Nothing special at all.

I do however like the kiss. I don't like the part where she decides to date again. Boo!
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Default Re: Grace (713)

did we ever work out 100% who grace was? i know theres been a lot of opinions on the subject..

it has about 30 mins to run on Sky Mix... I've just given Mr.MC a heart attack by running screaming from the room when he suggested I watch it.

He's confused about the Status of Stargate in our house now.

But honestly, this ep jars so much I can't even look at it. Although, there are some fab moments when we see how Sam percieves her team members.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I will NEVER watch this episode again. Does that tell everyone what I think of it?

Re: Grace (713)

I believe Amanda's theory was Grace is the child she could have had had she not been on SG-1 and put her career first.

Thats what I think too.
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Light spoilers.....

For me 'Grace' really didn't have any point. They never explained who those aliens were. Furlings? Romulans? And why they didn't get Carter as well.
    We got to see some stuff from her point of view, but that was about it.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Quote Originally Posted by SGSlugger
    And why they didn't get Carter as well.
    Because she didn't get off in an escape pod?
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Spoilers......

haha bcmilco. I was under the impression that they were all transported out (since they were beamed back in), and since they didn't say "Abondond ship," how do we know that they weren't?
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

I was actually semi-serious, because when she's looking around the ship there were no escape pods left, that lead me to believe the crew had used the escape pods.
    Just don't ask me when they used them, or how the other ship picked them up, othewise that's the impression I got.
    ~BCM =)

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

i enjoyed it jsut because, for the first time in years, there was actually an episode about sam.

maybe it's the old lit. student in me, but there was so much hidden meaning or themes in this, that it was fun to watch.

the boys were each a part of her, teal'c her warrior training, daniel the scholar, jacob her regrets, jack...her finally accepting that she's controlling her future?

grace....grace could have been a lot of things. she could be her future, she could also be the childhood sam lost when her mother died. she's could also be the part of sam that she denies...the part of her that's been lost under years of 'general's daughters don't behave that way'

i think, inside, sam is rather mischievous and ornry...but she doesn't dare show it

Lieutenant Colonel stargate barbie's Avatar

i liked this episode. i really did. i especially loved sams interpretation of daniel.
    i think grace might be a representation of sams "inner child" and i think her physical appearance might be how she would imagine her own child would look.

and i'm with bcm on the escape pod thing. it makes the most sense other than sam fell into a plot hole when she was unconscious.

I'm actually shocked so many didn't like this episode.

I think it's probably one of my all time favorites. Not only is it nice looking...but the episode alone is VERY atmospheric..to the point of being almost spooky. She's alone on a ship, keeps hearing little sounds here and there...she's already spooked out and she sees what she believes at first to be figments of her imagination.

Sam was also well acted.

It was a fantastic episode. VERY atmospheric.

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by bcmilco
    I was actually semi-serious, because when she's looking around the ship there were no escape pods left, that lead me to believe the crew had used the escape pods.
    This is the first explanation I've come across that maybe sheds light on why Sam was left behind. But were the escape pods actually gone? Sam thought she was out there longer than the four days she was missing. This made me think that perhaps not all the events she thought happened had happened. Were the pods really gone? Were multiple simulations run? Did she repackage food? Did she record a ship's log? Corraboration or the lack thereof from the Prometheus after the fact would have given some insight into the extent of Sam's head injury. Just what was real?

I've wondered if her being left behind had something to do with the wave distortion effect we see that seemed to come from the open crystal compartment. Was this caused by the enemy weapon fire? Or the ship entering the cloud? Or something else?

This was an interesting puzzle of an episode once I got past my eyerolling reaction that the Prometheus was involved. I really liked how the other members of SG-1 were slightly not themselves as they represented different aspects of Sam's personality. Or maybe this is how she sees them. A good character exploration episode.

Re: Grace (713)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPoet
    I'm actually shocked so many didn't like this episode.

I think it's probably one of my all time favorites. Not only is it nice looking...but the episode alone is VERY atmospheric..to the point of being almost spooky. She's alone on a ship, keeps hearing little sounds here and there...she's already spooked out and she sees what she believes at first to be figments of her imagination.

Sam was also well acted.

It was a fantastic episode. VERY atmospheric.
    I love this ep! As a Sam fan and as a shipper.

As a Sam fan, it delved into Sam's mind. Each one of her teammates represented something in her self. Teal'c the protector and warrior (the cowardly lion). Daniel the inquisitive and open-minded (the tin man). Jacob was her choices and self doubt (the wizard). Jack was her self respect and heart (the scarecrow). Yes, Sam was Dorothy, trying to find her way home.

I'll admit there were parts that I couldn't understand -Grace's true identity and who the aliens were- but there were so many things that I loved that it over-shadowed the questions.

As an S/J shipper, I loved it as well. Never will forget that kiss of all kisses!

This ep set Sam on a road of self discovery. I can't wait to see where it leads her.

Sally
    sally

AT has won a Leo for her acting in Grace.

Congratulations to her, she is a good actress and deserved her award.

Madeleine

Congrulations Amanda Tapping on her award for Grace, and congrulations to Michael Shanks for his acting in Lifeboat

Chief Master Sergeant Gaterelle's Avatar
    The Land of IKEA, Absolut Vodka and Salt Licorice

This ep is one of my faves in season 7 although the plotting to get it going is awfully done.
    Still, it's a great ep for Sam and AT to act her cutsey butt off. ))
    I'm glad she won the Leo Award for it.

I recently read this Episode Guide...
    http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season7/0713/

and I'm a little...confused as to how they interpret the "ship" scenes.
    Am I the only one who hears that Jack (herself) is telling her to move on and get over him?! Which in itself is why I like the episode...because it shows her that she's just infatuated with him because she wants a father figure and is afraid that if she really falls for a guy, he'll die.
    Gaterelle

Quote Originally Posted by Gaterelle
    This ep is one of my faves in season 7 although the plotting to get it going is awfully done.
    Still, it's a great ep for Sam and AT to act her cutsey butt off. ))
    I'm glad she won the Leo Award for it.

I recently read this Episode Guide...
    http://www.scifi.com/stargate/episodes/season7/0713/

and I'm a little...confused as to how they interpret the "ship" scenes.
    Am I the only one who hears that Jack (herself) is telling her to move on and get over him?! Which in itself is why I like the episode...because it shows her that she's just infatuated with him because she wants a father figure and is afraid that if she really falls for a guy, he'll die.
    What I gathered from it is that She is infatuated with Oneil because she knows she and him can never be together...I think she's afraid of commitment...and by having a thing for Jack..a thing that just isn't possible..it's a safe thing. She also can't get hurt..because the relationship can never go anywhere but where it is..it's a comfort zone I think.

I took her introspection to mean that she was/is confused about her own feelings and she was afraid that she was using Jack to keep from being hurt, which is why we got "Chimera"; she was trying to get out there and take that risk again.

However I don't think now, nor did I think then that it was in any way ending anything, for which I'm glad.
    ~BCM =)