This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Horizon Virtual Cast List

Here's a cast list for Horizon. All recurring characters are listed alphabetically by first name.

12/03/06: Emma Caulfield (Julia Connor) added
    11/05/06: Michael T. Weiss (Jalen Ke'var) and Jason Alexander (Jeret Broacah) added.
    05/31/06: Molly Brink (Mediator Loral) added.
    05/29/06: Aaron Douglas (Vorian Technician) and Steven Culp (Day'ek Sonak) added.
    05/02/06: Armin Shimerman (Zach Hoffmann), Casey Biggs (Lonik), Daniel Dae Kim (Hikaru Sato), Gregory Itzin (Minister Kalos), Jack Gwaltney (Mediator Dureg), John Jackson (Frank Williams), Jude Ciccolella (Ambassador Ca'vel), Julian Sands (Council Vahret), Keith Hamilton Cobb (Hiron Bay'lar), Leah Remini (Arina Tey'vell), Melinda Clarke (Nebulan Woman), Philip Rhys (Yusuf Naiyeer), Roger Cross (Kor'etan Gorlon), Scott MacDonald (Sivok), and William Devane (Henry Hayes) added.
    04/30/06: Kiefer Sutherland (John Grant), Ashley Scott (Sivea Ve'nal), Dennis Haysbert (De'van Callen), Ben Browder (Chase Reynolds), Rachael Leigh Cook (Christine Summers), Carlos Bernard (David Connor), Dion Johnstone (Tom Galloway), and Andrew Robinson (Lenori) added.

STARGATE: HORIZON REGULARS

Kiefer Sutherland as John Grant

Ashley Scott as Sivea Ve'nal

Dennis Haysbert as De'van Callen

Ben Browder as Chase Reynolds

Rachael Leigh Cook as Christine Summers

Carlos Bernard as David Connor

Dion Johnstone as Tom Galloway

Andrew Robinson as Doctor Lenori

STARGATE: HORIZON RECURRING CHARACTERS

Aaron Douglas as Vorian Technician

Armin Shimerman as Zach Hoffmann

Casey Biggs as Lonik

Daniel Dae Kim as Hikaru Sato

Gregory Itzin as Minister Kalos

Jack Gwaltney as Mediator Dureg
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 03 December 2006, 04:32 PM.
    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
    Stargate Destiny, Fan
    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

RECURRING CHARACTERS CONT

Jason Alexander as Jeret Broacah

John Jackson as Frank Williams

Jude Ciccolella as Ambassador Ca'vel

Julian Sands as Council Vahret

Keith Hamilton Cobb as Hiron Bay'lar

Leah Remini as Arina Tey'vell

Melinda Clarke as Nebulan Woman

Michael T. Weiss as Jalen Ke'var

Molly Brink as Mediator Loral

Phillip Rhys as Yusuf Naiyeer

Roger Cross as Gorlon

Scott MacDonald as Sivok

Steven Culp as Day'ek Sonak

William Devane as Henry Hayes
    Last edited by SierraGulf1; 05 November 2006, 06:19 PM.
    Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

I'll have explanations posted up for the choices in a few hours. Feel free to suggest your own actor for an unassigned character.
      Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Hmm... sign me up for VORIAN #2, please.

Comment

Sure thing.

Some characters that I think have been quite important recently are therefore merit perhaps an actor to their name are:

Jacques Beaumont
          Michael Sullivan
          Kayla
          President Adari

Any ideas based on their descriptions in their episodes?
          Last edited by SierraGulf1; 31 May 2006, 02:36 PM.
          Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

You for got somebody.
            Greagory Itzin as Senator Conelly who plays President Logan in 24.
            He would make the perfect fit for senator Conelly.
            From one ratty politician to another.
            Last edited by Col.Foley; 08 May 2006, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I'd lose the spoiler tags. The pictures load regardless and it is easier to view without them.
              Rocky

Comment

Ah, do they? It's done then.

Actually, Foley, it appears that I forgot someone we already had in mind for Itzin. Adding him to the list.
                Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Reasons for desicions:

As you may have noticed, there are plenty of characters who have appeared on 24 on the list. As it's been stated previously, we're not trying to take over the 24 cast, these just seem like ideal actors to fit the part. Here's a couple bits about some of the recurring characters:

Julian Sands as Council Vahret
                  Julian Sands appeared on Stargate SG-1, but in quite a bit of makeup and in a seperate galaxy, so it's quite possible that he simply looks like the Doci. His accent and devious acting style makes him ideal as a shady character, as can be seen in his portrayal of the Doci; and as Vladmir Bierko on 24.

William Devane as Henry Hayes
                  Not much of a choice here, since he was a preestablished character from Stargate SG-1. Most famous for his portrayal of honest politicians and/or antagonistic bad guys. In our case, he's the president, although his second term has ended.

Roger Cross as Gorlon
                  His voice matches, and although he also stars on 24, it is likely his Enoly makeup would make him recognizable if the show were to be filmed. Really, it's his acting style and voice that make him perfect for the part.

John Jackson as Frank Williams
                  Having previously starred on JAG, Jackson is familiar with playing the strict military type, making him an ideal match for the character of Williams.

Really, I'm sure Alex could explain most of these choices better than me.
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan

Comment

Yep I agree with that in the extreame.
                    Itzin is perfect for the role of Minister Kalos.
                    So who is going to be Senator Conelly then?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley
                      Yep I agree with that in the extreame.
                      Itzin is perfect for the role of Minister Kalos.
                      So who is going to be Senator Conelly then?
                      Actually I don't think we've talked about this too much just yet, since we've only seen Connelly a few times so far. However, I always thought that Geoff Pierce would fit quite well. He happens to have been on 24 before as well, as President Keeler. I think he'd also make a good Senator Connelly.

And sure, I'll go some more into explaining some of the actor choices a little later. Suffice to say for now, each of them just has exactly what we were looking for in the characters.
                      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Great virtual cast

Comment

Here are a few out there actors to play Senator Conolly.
                          Sam Neil. He has the right face and look to play the senator although I am not sure if he is to old to play the senator.
                          Or Kelsey Grammer. Sure I know what you are thinking how can someone known as a comedian be a good and serious politician. But, I think that he can pull it off. He comes across as a politician in his desetivness that he has portrayed and his need to go into high places. But I also think he could play the part of the senator being real nice and honest.
                          Concerns?Questions?Opinions?
                          As for the Vorian tecnician. I think that I have found another person who would really make a good pick. Aaron Douglas who plays Chief Petty officer Tyrol in the series Battlestar Galactica. He would be perfect to do a stand in like Gary Jones always has been for SG-1, someone who one can relate to. He also looks likes he can fix things and after all that is what technicians do is they fix things. Or if for what ever reason that you do not like him forthis role than stick him on some other team lead that will be in the future. He could also pull off the leadership role very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley
                            Here are a few out there actors to play Senator Conolly.
                            Sam Neil. He has the right face and look to play the senator although I am not sure if he is to old to play the senator.
                            Or Kelsey Grammer.
                            Actually, as I said I always thought Geoff Pierce would fit very well. I don't know how much we've talked about it behind the scenes yet (it might even have been during Season One for "Home Front"). But I've always had his voice in mind when writing for the character.

Sure I know what you are thinking how can someone known as a comedian be a good and serious politician.
                            I wasn't thinking that at all. I've said before, and will continue to say I was never one for type-casting. I think a majority of actors can play more than one type of character. That's why they're actors after all.

I think often casting against expectations can work very well. Now it's just virtually, but I intend to follow that philosophy once I'll be able to be involved in some casting for TV shows and movies as well. Give me a couple of years. We'll get there.

As for the Vorian tecnician. I think that I have found another person who would really make a good pick. Aaron Douglas who plays Chief Petty officer Tyrol in the series Battlestar Galactica. He would be perfect to do a stand in like Gary Jones always has been for SG-1, someone who one can relate to. He also looks likes he can fix things and after all that is what technicians do is they fix things. Or if for what ever reason that you do not like him forthis role than stick him on some other team lead that will be in the future. He could also pull off the leadership role very well.
                            I like that suggestion a lot. I think he would fit the part very well.
                            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Well, thanks for considering.
                              I know that you are absoloutly right when it comes to stereo typing on actors. Although I wasn't necessarilly referring to you. Although I agree with you 100% actors should try and do different things. Like you said that is what they pay them for. I also agree with you on the virtual series part also.
                              Also besides the bigger the range on the actor/actress the better they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X