This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading Backwards, Upside Down, Etc.

This came up because I read a mystery story puzzle where the key element the reader was supposed to pick up was that a character who was upside down read a newspaper instantly, indicated that the newspaper was upside down.

I found this really annoying, as myself and several people in my family can read upside down, backwards... any direction, really.

What about you? Can you read upside down? Backwards? Or is my family just weird that way?
    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

I can read any which way up, and fast, too. Just crap at speed typing.

Comment

up, down, left and right

Comment

in out round n round <chuckle> sorry couldnt resist

Comment

I can read upsidedown, backwards, you name it . Annoys my housemates to death when I read the paper sitting across from them as they are reading it

Comment

So... I bet you find it annoying when they print the answers to puzzles upside down on the same page, too?
            [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

LOL that annoys me coz i can see than answers and it makes me cheat lol.

drawroferaferp tub yaw rehtie daer nac I

i can see why it's annoying tho

XXX

Comment

I can read backwards and upside down...I think. The upside down definitely but the backwards, well I'm quite good at it.

Comment

My mom says I used to write mirror image when I was a kid. I can read backwards and upside down almost as well as regular. Are the rest of you guys who can read any which way left-handed or ambidextrous? My parents seemed to think that had something to do with why I could read and write that way. (I'm a lefty)

Comment

I'm right-handed, and I can read upside down, backward, and/or mirror-image.
                    Spoiler:
                    I worked out the "language" in the box in The Da Vinci Code long before any of the characters did.
                    Kind of ruined the surprise.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I figured out most of the "surprises" in the Da Vinci code before the characters did. (I suspect most people who were paying attention did, too )

Comment

I'm left-handed. My mother was a natural left-hander, but her mother forced her to go right so she'd have an easier time in school.

I do use the mouse with my right hand, though.

I don't write with a leftward slant, but when I made my website, I put the navigation bar on the right. It wasn't intentional; it just seemed sort of natural. And there it remains mainly as a way to say I've got the left-of-way on my webspace!

Comment

If I'm not too tired, I can read upside down and backwards.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I can read any way, up, down, backwards even if the letters are mixed in a word you can still make it out if the first and last ones are there, for example like 'sratagte' you could make it out as stargate.
                            sigpic

Comment

I can read upside down, backwards, and mirror-image. I hate it when puzzle answer keys are printed upside down on the same page...
                              I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X