No announcement yet.

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea...I trully beleive it was her boyfriend.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Weir is married. While other folks may be perfectly willing to ignore things like that for the sake of a "good 'ship", I'm not. But like I said, I can't even see her having friendly chemistry with anyone, nevermind romantic...
      Where did you find out that the character is "married"? I only read that Garwin Sanford is her love interest but, then again, I haven't read too much about the new series.

As for the character herself, I think she has shown some development in asserting herself as commander, especially in this episode as she stood her ground with Cavanaugh and Teyla's friend who wanted her to focus on "dying" rather than "saving". Weir let it be known, in no uncertain terms, just where she stood in both confrontations.

As for ship, I think TPTB are not looking to go down that rocky road with the new series. The fans, however, will begin to see what they want to see and, just by nature of the male-female dynamics between actors, I'm sure there will be many future posts on shippy topics

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
        Weir is married??? Huh??
        Yeah, I was under the impression he was just a boyfriend as well, did I miss something in published bios? Because if my spouse ran off to another galaxy without a kiss goodbye, I'd be seriously considering divorce.

Comment

<grump>

WHOA! Hey! This is a thread for Thirty-Eight Minutes! Spoiler space for upcoming episodes, PLEASE!!!

</grump>

[edit]
          Oops...my bad. I forgot about the scene in Rising. Nevermind. Continue.
          [/edit]
          Last edited by Anthro Girl; 31 July 2004, 11:58 AM. Reason: my bad...
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Whatever. I'm wrong again. Someone told me her character was married and silly me believed it. *sigh* I knew I should have stayed in bed today. Crummy, crummy, crummy day.

Weir still has a significant other, then, and while long distance relationships rarely work, I don't particularly care for the idea of Weir "cheating" on her boyfriend by knocking boots with one of her subordinates.

As for why I don't like the character, I dunno. Everything about her just rubs me the wrong way. I don't like her attitude, I don't like her stance on a lot of subjects, I don't like a lot of what she has to say or the way she says it and while I'm trying to grant her the benefit of a doubt, everything she does still annoys me.

As for the grump about spoilers, we met the boyfriend in the pilot ep, remember? The one watching Weir's goodbye video?

Comment

We are talking about in Rising Athro...when Weir sent a message to her boyfriend. Maat beleive it is her husband.

Here is a question for you Maat....where is her ring?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I belive my goddess is wrong in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  You know what? I said I was wrong, OK? I misunderstood. I listened to another fan who was WRONG and excuse me for not paying attention to every detail. I'm horribly sorry to have inconvenienced everyone.
                  Last edited by ShadowMaat; 31 July 2004, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                    We are talking about in Rising Athro...when Weir sent a message to her boyfriend. Maat beleive it is her husband.
                    You're right and I agree...it isn't clear what their relationship is. Somebody mentioned an upcomer. Besides, I've already been "spoiled" on that one. Nevermind me. It's hard to communicate on the forum when I'm closing my eyes.

Darn, but that annoys me. It still doesn't establish anything. I've been married for six years. I wore...nay, we wore our wedding rings for however long we were at the ceremony/reception. We both don't like wearing rings.
                    Last edited by Anthro Girl; 31 July 2004, 11:42 AM. Reason: clarification.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Not an inconvenience, Shadow. I just don't think it's been established...yet.

Comment

Sorry Maat, didn't mean to pile on, looks like all of us were replying at the same time as we all replied within 3 minutes of each other.

Comment

You know what? I said I was wrong, OK? I misunderstood. I listened to another fan who was WRONG and excuse me for not paying attention to every detail. I'm horribly sorry to have inconvenienced everyone.

I'm sorry Maat, you know I don't ever question you!!!

But I replied, like a minute after you said her boyfriend, and so did like...5 other people. Sorry ma'am.

Comment

You didn't inconvenience anyone, I was just shocked when I read that. I guess a lot of others were as well because we all posted at the same time. (but I was first, yay me!).

It never entered my mind when I saw that scene in Rising that Weir would go off and leave a husband with a video message like that so I assumed he was a boyfriend. But the dialogue doesn't specify *what* their relationship was so I guess it's possible he was more than just a boyfriend. I'm sure all will be made clear at some point.

Originally posted by Shadow
                            Weir still has a significant other, then, and while long distance relationships rarely work, I don't particularly care for the idea of Weir "cheating" on her boyfriend by knocking boots with one of her subordinates.
                            The important thing is that Weir isn't having a romantic relationship with anyone on Atlantis right now and hopefully they aren't going to push anything. I'm not crazy about her er..."knocking boots" with one of her subordinates either. That doesn't stop fans from speculating on how the relationships between the characters are developing and as to any chemistry they see between the characters.

Sorry, didn't mean to be part of the pile on. I was just truly shocked about the husband bit.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by agostumpy
                              Are they going to figure out the saltwater connection? I thought they'd say something at the end of the episode.

1 The bug on his neck freaked out with saltwater
                              2 The Wraith are related to said bug
                              3 Where's Atlantis? In the middle of a massive pool of saltwater!! Why else would the Ancients put it there AND submerge it to get away from the Wraith.

Sucks that they didn't bring any Supersoakers with 'em!! They could just load 'em up and give the Wraith a nasty bath

Whaddya think?

** i started a thread on this under "Atlantis Season 1" **
                              Yep. That was my immediate thought.

J.
                              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

But like I said, I can't even see her having [i
                                friendly[/i] chemistry with anyone, nevermind romantic...
                                LOL! So she just has to be a cold leader? She can't make friends? I tought she was a civilian, not an cold Military officer.

Than the popcorn-football scene in Hide and Seek probably was a pain in the ass for you wasn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X