No announcement yet.

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Ford. He and Teyla did good this episode. And you can't fault a friend for worrying when you are hurt. You ask stupid questions like "Are you okay?" When your buddy is screaming in pain.
    sigpic

Comment

That reminds me. Cheers to whoever called TPTB looking for excuses to remove Shep's shirt! Spot-on on that one!

Only problem with Ford I had was his hesitation on using the paddles on Shep. Hello! Don't look for permission, just DO IT already! Sheesh.

I think Weir's leadership skills in general need a LOT of improving. She still rubs me the wrong way. I still don't like her.

Comment

Elizabeth, Ford, McKay, Beckett, thats my top 4. In that order.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I'd have a hard time ranking mine, but Shep is first, no doubt. I think McKay, Weir and Beckett are tied for second, then Teyla and Ford in third. Actually, I'm liking them all. They are growing nicely! And worked really good in this episode.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
            I liked Ford. He and Teyla did good this episode. And you can't fault a friend for worrying when you are hurt. You ask stupid questions like "Are you okay?" When your buddy is screaming in pain.

That was the worse scream ever, I mean the pain was great. I would not have been annoying asking "Are you are?". No he ****ing isn't! What a dumbass.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

While it would make perfect sense to have Atlantis be surrounded by salt water, do we know for a fact that it IS salty? Could be fresh...
              Actually, in Hide and Seek they were talking about de-salinating the ocean water, so I think the water IS pretty salty.

38 Minutes was a good ep, though.
              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen
                Actually, in Hide and Seek they were talking about de-salinating the ocean water, so I think the water IS pretty salty.
                Forgot that line. Thankies.

Liked 38 Minutes. Think it would have been neat if they could have done it realtime with a little countdown clock and everything, but I know that would have made it too complicated. And probably too close to 24.

Hopefully we'll see more of them actually going out on missions, now...

Comment

They just got there. So it wouldn't matter. The producers are creative writers, so they know what they are doing.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                    They just got there. So it wouldn't matter. The producers are creative writers, so they know what they are doing.
                    I know, but patience has never been one of my strong points.

I hope we get to see more of Dr. Z. Liked him. Loved the accent, too, although it probably isn't "accurate".

Comment

Was he Russian? Thats what he came off as to me. Not sure, never saw his flag.

Comment

He was Czech, according to McKay. Didn't see the flag and wouldn't know it if I did.

Comment

This is an idea I've been waiting to see for a while, but of course couldn't be implimented without a gate-capable ship (48 Hours notwithstanding). They sure executed it well!

Fanboy nitpicker mode: nobody mentioned that if half of an object's mass is already in, the gate will draw the object in and transmit it, like it did to Daniel's funeral wreath or the body of Apophis. But that wasn't really an option here, since getting the jumper in that far would have been as good as getting it all the way, so it's a minor point.

Comment

So, uh, is TickWraith lost in space? It was moving in the last "stuck PJ in the gate scene".

And... its fate wasn't really shown.

Hmmm.
                            Last edited by Z_2; 30 July 2004, 08:46 PM. Reason: Because I could

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

It may of flew i nthe gate or hooked to the outside of the ship when it was pushed out but its unlikely. But yea why didnt the Gate just start pulling in the rest of the ship? And maybe the bug turns people int oWraiths lol

Also wouldnt Ford of been Dematerialised? I mean all but his hand right shouldnt it of dematerialed all but his hand? but then again it could be the whole all in one piece rule they had. but if thats the case wouldnt the people atleast come thru the gate?
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

You'll have to say that last bit again, I didn't understand it.

Ford was in the clear when he pulled the leverl to blow the hatch. Then he and the rest of the ship were propelled forward through the wormhole, dematerialized and rematerialized on the other side. What does his hand have to do with it?

And it's "should HAVE" dematerialized.

Comment

Working...
                                X