• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thirty Eight Minutes (104)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 104

The team finds themselves in mortal danger when their Puddle Jumper ship becomes lodged in the Stargate.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:37 PM.

I loved this episode. it really showed that Lizzie had a backbone.

Cavnoph: "You just busted me donw like I was a private in the air-force."
    Liz: "There are no priates in the air-force....."
    Cavnoph: "And not on me either...."

She was awesome today.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Quick question...

SPOILER if you're too stupid to have figured that out yet

How come Teyla was able to drag Shep through the EH? Once she passes through, she's demolecularized. Shep's body was being dragged BEHIND her. Or rather, in front of her. So how come his feet weren't sticking out?

Comment

I want to know where she got civilian clothes from.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Quick question...

How come Teyla was able to drag Shep through the EH? Once she passes through, she's demolecularized. Shep's body was being dragged BEHIND her. Or rather, in front of her. So how come his feet weren't sticking out?
          Momentum perhaps? People get dragged through the gate fairly often on SG1.

And I want to say how much I LOVED this episode, I was sort of luke warm on the last one, but this really kept me excited. The pacing was good, the characterization nice, and I don't want to be the one to annoy Weir.

Comment

This episode was worth all the anticipation! It had everything. I loved it, and Cavanaugh is a jerk. I'm worried what that guy's going to do later on. That snarky grin he did at the end, ugh. Hopefully he won't rat them out to the enemy.

Did I say I loved this episode?

Hooo, wild ride!
            sigpic

Comment

Yea, he was smiling when Lizzie was making him look like an @$$! Damn she is hot when she is mad!

Comment

I like the part where Dr. Beckett was replying to Ford desribing the insect.
                (Paraphased) "So you go yourself a cling-on."

I immediately thought of Star Trek.

Comment

Are they going to figure out the saltwater connection? I thought they'd say something at the end of the episode.

1 The bug on his neck freaked out with saltwater
                  2 The Wraith are related to said bug
                  3 Where's Atlantis? In the middle of a massive pool of saltwater!! Why else would the Ancients put it there AND submerge it to get away from the Wraith.

Sucks that they didn't bring any Supersoakers with 'em!! They could just load 'em up and give the Wraith a nasty bath

Whaddya think?

** i started a thread on this under "Atlantis Season 1" **
                  Last edited by agostumpy; 30 July 2004, 07:24 PM.
                  High-quality web design, web marketing and web hosting.

Comment

ROTFL, that was a great pun. They did that bug thing really good, and very interesting about it being a pre-evolved wraith. Didn't see that coming.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                      I immediately thought of Star Trek.
                      I think that was the point.

Good ep. Once again, McKay was brilliant. However, I hope they start to tone down his "we're all gonna die!" attitude because much as I love him, it IS starting to get a little tedious.

I hope Weir does ship Kavanaugh off to an isolated world. All the rudeness of McKay circa 48 Hours with none of the charm and wit.

I liked Dr. Z (even if I can't remember his name, either). Loved his reply to Weir asking what she could do: "Stop talking."

EDIT: While it would make perfect sense to have Atlantis be surrounded by salt water, do we know for a fact that it IS salty? Could be fresh...

Gotta say, the thing with the water gave me flashbacks to SAAB and the 58th squadron trying to give a captured Chig a drink of water. It melted...

Comment

Actually I had a problem with Weir's attitude...the scientist, all be it a jerk, was doing his job by presenting the options and possible implacations of what they were doing and it was apparent from the start that she wasnt going to consider what he said viable...he reacted badly but she didnt have to call himm out like she did......it didnt inspire the right kind of cooperative attitude that a leader should....I think that TPTB meant to portray her leadership qualities and that they did work since he got the team attitude later on but I didnt care for it...however I liked how she handled the 8ft dude and the tea prayer or whatever.....can we lose these people yet?? Anyway, great great episode and........how much do I love McKay?

Comment

Did the bug jump on Ford?

Comment

Loved it!

Ford is the worse charater ever! I so hate him. Shepperd is screaming liek made "Are you ok?!?!" nine billion times! Then The "cut his shirt off", I think he just wanted to see Shepperd half naked. In the end I wish he would have died.
                            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

hadnt thought of the salt water thing but it is a really intersting idea...now I know what I will think about until Atlantis re-airs tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X