No announcement yet.

Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really enjoyed this one, funny and dramatic most of the way through. Nice to see O'Neill finally get significant screen time again. The Michael J. Fox-lookalike playing his aide became quite annoying, but becomes likeable by the end.

RATING: 8 out of 10
    Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

My favorite season 8 episode.

I wish TPTB had released the complete text of Jack's letter, though.

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

An average episode (just like most of the first half of Season 8).

Not much to say, we have a very dangerous ZPM in possession, and another might've Goa'uld fell.

Conan's Art Designer (I think that's his position the show) is Sgt O'Brien.

Tomorrow, Daniel starts a Civil War.
        sigpic

Comment

I enjoy this episode. I think its focus on Jack and his reflections are insightful and show a maturity to his character we don't often get to see.

There are numerous elements to this ep, such as the non-Daniel negotiation that just seems to place our well known characters into a slightly off-centre role which is refreshing at this stage in the series.

"The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer.” - Henry David Thoreau

sigpic

Comment

Not the best ep imo. It did have its moments though. The booby trapped ZPM and the out of control plant added some interest to the ep. As well as Jacks letter to Hammond.

With Sam, Daniel and T being off screen most of the ep we got to see plenty of Walter and Siler which is great.
            sigpic

Comment

"It's only a plant."

A great episode, giving us 'A Day in the Life of'; in this case Jack. I thought it was great that a whole episode was dedicated to his settling in and how he faced various situations from choosing 'menu items' to mocking Ba'al.

It was wonderful to see how calmly he dealt with everything, yet he was doubting his abilities and writing a resignation letter. I for one am glad he ended it with "never mind." We can go on knowing the SCG is in the hands of a good commander.

Comment

^I'm glad too. I think I'll miss him this time round...

My LiveJournal post

Camel-ass!
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Another ep of SG1...

1. Yeah...now Jack and Hammond are sort of equals.

2. Mum really felt for Jack with this ep.

3. I'd completely forgot how SG1 got out of this.

4. We never did get an ep from the General's POV before or since so this was certainly unique.

5. And one of those classic Jack lines.

Solid ep.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Jack is so under used in the later seasons for obvious reasons which is why I love this episode so much. The episode shows us a different perspective. So many times we see the SG1 perspective of going to the planet with Hammond being left behind. I like seeing the pressures and stress of the SGC through O'Neil's eyes as he has to deal with many crisis. Some are out there like the plant or locking diplomats in the room but like I said it interesting to see the stresses and decisions his job make it. I kind find the whole aide disguised to evaluate O'Neill to be largely pointless. You could easily have Radar Walter take his place as he was already serving as O'Neill's assistant. However without the aide we wouldn't have Reynolds speech about how no one on the base would think for a second in risking their life for SG1 which was kind of moving
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Dumb Jack at his most unbearably dumb.

Comment

Loved this one. Good to see Jack in a different spot. And Dr. Lee was hilarious. I didn't care much about the Gilmor guy

Comment

I liked this episode for the most part. The only thing I didn't care for was Jack's attitude towards SG1 being captured. He was much to nonchalant over the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                            I liked this episode for the most part. The only thing I didn't care for was Jack's attitude towards SG1 being captured. He was much to nonchalant over the situation.
                            Well, the writers wanted to change Jack in season 8. I guess Jacks changed a little to much, too quick

Comment

A day in the life of the General at the SGC - now the viewers and O'Neill realize what it means to be a general. We've never seen that so clearly before.
                              Much ado for all of them - almost too much for one ep.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Excellent episode! I loved seeing General O'Neill in his new element! It was really interesting seeing what the daily happenings were at the SGC.

Comment

Working...
                                X