No announcement yet.

Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see earlier I just said this was my favorite season 8 episode. To be more specific, I liked the focus on competent Jack, dealing with the paperwork and other administrative hassles (which you knew he had to be proficient with or he would never have made Colonel). I liked that it was his first week, and everything was going wrong. I liked that he came bang up against his need to put the base as a whole first, even while his friends--his team--were in danger. I particularly liked the end, where he used his height to intimidate Gilmore (while telling him he'd known all along he was being evaluated), something he very rarely did.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      I see earlier I just said this was my favorite season 8 episode. To be more specific, I liked the focus on competent Jack, dealing with the paperwork and other administrative hassles (which you knew he had to be proficient with or he would never have made Colonel). I liked that it was his first week, and everything was going wrong. I liked that he came bang up against his need to put the base as a whole first, even while his friends--his team--were in danger. I particularly liked the end, where he used his height to intimidate Gilmore (while telling him he'd known all along he was being evaluated), something he very rarely did.

Seaboe
      Exactly!

Comment

Yup, from season 8 onwards it'll feel like I haven't seen any of these episodes before. I've seen them once.

This episode was hilarious.

5 glorious days in the life of Brigadier-General Jack O'Neill, newly appointed base commander of the SGC.

Locking the Amra delegates in a room -- excellent negotiating skills.
        Bill Lee's plant problems -- it's never just a plant people.
        Colonel Reynolds being awesome, as always.

SG-1 getting stuck in an underground base... and nothing to show for their trip. But at least, Ba'al is gonna have a fieldday with Camulus when he discovers the ZPM's a fake.

How would you rate SG-1's "Zero Hour?"

Excellent

Good
        Fair
        Poor
        Terrible
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Do we hear any more of Camulus after this?

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
            Do we hear any more of Camulus after this?
            I genuinely don't know, but should it happen, I'll let you know.

----------------------------

3-episode quiz: Lockdown, Zero Hour & Icon

Jigsaw puzzle: Zero Hour
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

12:23
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

This one is actually decent mostly because they did something different. I like getting a new perspective. Its somewhat enjoyable seeing what goes on outside of SG-1's perspective . I'd like to manage, these are the kind of decisions Hammond had to make minus the plant
                However, some of these side stories do drag on. A fair with6:46
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The episode have its very good moments, but overall I found the pacing a bit weird... I almost got lots with all the elements involved...
                  Also, I was stressed for Jack seeing all the work he has to deal with o/

Comment

This episode has always felt that they had 2 story ideas, but they couldn't fill a whole episode with it, so they have just mixed it and then it had ended up a bit weird.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

This episode was perfect for me. I really like that we saw the day from Jack's perspective, how hectic and problematic his commanding can be. Several problems were connected together and in the end even helped each other. The thing with a flower was at the beginning just funny but then later it helped them discover a bomb, it was pretty brilliant for me
                      Jack's email to Hammond was also pretty emotive. If he would have known earlier what does it mean to be The General. (I like Jack but also miss Hammond)
                      Another thing that I appreciated was to see more of Walter, I like this guy and he should get more space, finally we got also a bit of Major Davis. After such a long time without him he deserved more...and promotion
                      Baal is a really good enemy, he is in some way very Goau'ld-y and cool together
                      What I didn't like was that we didn't see anything of SG1's mission. I want to see Sam in a command

Comment

Working...
                      X