No announcement yet.

Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wondered about that "secure military facility" business, too.

Including some more spoiler space for Avatar or another undefined upcoming ep or possibly outtakes from Zero Hour (*sigh*)

And Fischer, I know he was killed in a skit on the Conan O'Brian show, but the auction is for STARGATE props, not Conan props, so it must be from a Stargate ep. I'm just doubting that it was Zero Hour and questioning whether or not it was Piere's outfit.

Comment

Suspect that was secret service.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        Ahh. Well, that makes sense. And the "operation or action" in this case was obviously the President's visit. Got it now.
        Somewhere along the line, I saw a blurb about this episode that said something like "preparing for an important visit..." Good thing, too. Otherwise I would have been scratching my head about the "Four Days to Zero Hour" business. I've only seen it once. Maybe I missed something...
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Couldn't he potentially get Hammond in trouble by doing that? Or did he take Gilmor to be a sincere convert to the Cult of Jack Worship and trusted him not to tell his superiors that "Hammond warned him"?
          QUite possibly he *did* want it to get back to someone...but I don't think it was really meant to go that far, just to do what it did. Make the Asst. kind of question whether or not Jack *really* knew or if Hammond *really* told him. I don't think the writers intended it to be more than that IMHO. At least that is how the whole scene played out to me personally
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

That was a neat inversion -- plenty of O'Neill and little of the rest of the team! I didn't expect that, actually. Ha ha.

Funny how Jack namedropped Krispy Kreme donuts too... what was his exact line again?
            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Well, like everyone else, I LOVED that ep!!

It was like having an intravenus injection of Jack in preparation for all the jack-liteness coming up!

Since I'm coming in late, everything has mostly been said. So I won't bore anyone with any in-depth analysis or anything.

But I will say that this episode made me appreciate Hammond a whole lot more, and basically fulfilled every wish I could have had for an episode such as this. Great recurring characters, great lines, great Jack, realistic doubts...the plant

LOVE IT!

Comment

oky i loved the ep but only after i actually watched it. the beginning was slow for me...and i didn't really like it...in the middel it picked up and i was like...so what's gonna happen?! and in the end after plots holes were adresed I was like, WOW, I love this EP!!! It's cool that they made Jack Episode...good for the show!!! I hope they will get their way with that ZPM!

Comment

I've only skimmed a few messages, but as always I'm itching to run down a few thoughts....

1) This wasn't a Jack-heavy ep... this was a Jack-intensive ep. I think there were maybe 2 scenes he wasn't in. But why do I feel we've used up all of our RDA minutes for the season?

2) And by contrast, I'm kinda missing the remaining members of SG-1. I'm still waiting to see Carter in take-charge command mode. I know, patience grasshopper.

3) I think Walter & Siler had more lines this ep than in the previous seven years combined, and I loved it! Loved the "no offense, Siler"/"None taken" bit.

4) Could've done without the "da da DAAAAA" dramatic music when the aide guy first left Jack and called the prez. There was enough stuff going on in the ep that I didn't need to be suspicious of him.

5) Screw the wrench. Siler should fix *every* problem with a flame-thrower.

6) <sigh> While I love Maj. Davis (when can I make him my avatar?!?!), this was just not his ep. I think I'll go back and watch Tangent or Descent.

7) Nice way to end the ep. Very Jack-like.

8) Oh, almost forgot... Pierre Bernard (the O'Brien guy) didn't suck *too* badly. The final cut of that scene made far more sense than what they showed on Late Night.
                  Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    From dictionary.com

zero hour n. The scheduled time for the start of an operation or action, especially a combat operation of great size. Also called H-hour.

n. The time set for the start of an action or operation
                    Yes... well, it's probably a military term too which is why they used it in the ep. I was a little unconfortable with it though, esp each time they did "three days to zero hour" etc b/c it's how the terrorists referred to 9/11. But I guess that's just me.
                    Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Hello Campers,

Hmmm... my two cents on "Zero Hour" -- it wasn't too shabby all around. Personally I think there were too many commercials, but I think I'm spoiled with the DVDs. The humor is there (thank the stars) the Krispy Kreme donuts, the "Little Shop of Horrors" bits, and the magnifying glass routine -- yeah, I was laughing. For the DVD release of this episode (nothing like being optimistic/impaitent about the future!) it would be interesting to have RDA's commentary -- if it's something he'd be willing to do.

Does anyone else notice that the episodes in this season are a little on the light side? Maybe it's the sci-fi channel or my TV, but all the SGC scenes seem to have a warmish glow to them that's lacking in the other seasons. Maybe they're filling on different film. I don't know. Not important, I'm sure.

But yes, "Zero Hour" -- I'm impressed, happy, and looking forward to next week!
                      Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Not much to say that hasn't been mentioned by others. Like most people, I loved this episode. I was a little confused about the zero hour refference, it seemed a little off, refferring to only the president's visit. Loved the dialogue and screen times for Walter and Walter and Siler. After having SMed "Little Shop" last year, I couldn't stop laughing at the "Seymour" refference. I kept singing "Feed Me, Seymour" in my head durring commercials. With that having been said, I am really looking forward to the continuation of Season 8.

Comment

Well, it's the morning after 'Zero Hour' and I'm STILL simling.

See?

And I just thought of another thing I loved about the episode.

While we may have missed SG1 while they were missing in action, I think it was absolutely necessary for them not to be around while Jack was going through his personal 'I can't do this...can I?' crisis. I think the powers made exactly the right call on this. If Jack had had Daniel, Teal'c and Sam to go to for advice or to talk him through his self-doubt, it would seem like the SGC was being run by General Jack and his team, not General Jack the competent leader.

We had to see him break free of his little support group and have to face these challenges on his own, bearing the full brunt of responsibility.

And I LOVE the powers for making it a struggle and not just getting on with run-of-the-mill episodes, expecting the viewers to just accept that 'of COURSE O'Neill is a good general. He's the leading cast member'.

And I also love that Carter has similar insecurities...maybe we'll see more of that later on in the season. And I agree with whoever said it that it will be great to finally see Carter in real kick-butt command mode

Comment

Yes, I enjoyed this ep too - well said, all!
                            Other things I noticed
                            - I like seeing 'young Hammond' (actor from 1969), it's almost like having Hammond around!
                            - And - oops - I thought Col. Reynolds was dead! What was the last ep we saw him in? Guess he's not quite dead yet!
                            "I'd love to de-brief you all after I've de-briefed myself for a nice hot shower."

Comment

the funny thing is that I didnt' realise that it was 'young Hammond'.. i was like i know that dude...oh well...cool...and i do not remember Reynolds...must have not seen the eps with him...or didn't pay much attention...

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                                Was Lee one of the other guys?
                                Dr. Lee first showed up in "Prodigy" if I recall correctly. I think he's an archaelogist of some sort.
                                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Working...
                                X