No announcement yet.

Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Jack's command position seems to have put a little starch in his shorts, as it were. He's still the Jack we knew, but he's not laying on the "snarky airhead" with a trowel anymore. They kept telling us that he's smarter than he lets on... and now we can finally see it in action. All in all, a great, solid episode.

Comment

Two words about this ep:

LOVED IT!!!!

The best part--

JACK! JACK! and more JACK!! Gads, I've SOOOOOO missed him. Liked Jack in this ep. Funny but not too snarky. Seems like the PTB are making much better use of RDA this season. Loving that!

Loved the plant! Too funny! And Siler with a flame thrower!! ROFL!! Dr. Lee was his usual geeky self but i'm glad he's being used (he was pretty funny last season).

LOVED it that Chevron Guy and Siler had LINES! That Blake/Radar moment between Chevron Guy and Jack was hilarious!!!

As for season 7, I really liked it (LOVED Heroes and Lost City) but I think this one has potential to be even better...
      Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
      Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
      Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I grinned all the way through. Better than last week's ep. Good to see so much of so many of the recurring characters.
        Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
          Yeah, Jack's command position seems to have put a little starch in his shorts, as it were. He's still the Jack we knew, but he's not laying on the "snarky airhead" with a trowel anymore. They kept telling us that he's smarter than he lets on... and now we can finally see it in action. All in all, a great, solid episode.
          I'm really glad we got to see Jack without seeing too much of *dumb* Jack. I can't stand *dumb* Jack! Nice to see him in control.
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            I'm really glad we got to see Jack without seeing too much of *dumb* Jack. I can't stand *dumb* Jack! Nice to see him in control.
            I'm glad they've toned that down to. As I've been watching repeats I've noticed that Jack has quite a few *Dumb* moments. At least for my taste, but this season he's been a lot better, including in the Atlantis premier.

As for the espisode, I loved it from beginning to end. The opening was hilarious. I love MASH and that scene was pulled right out from one of the episodes and done to perfection by RDA and Chevron Guy. I thought the plant growing out of control was cool, especially after the new guy asked Jack if it was safe. I don't remember the exact line. So far this seasons turning out pretty shabby and I hope it continues.
            Dr. McKay "You need to get out more."
            Dr. Beckett "We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get!?"

Comment

Well I was just happy all the way through.

Definitely love RDA heavy episodes and Jack was used well throughout the whole episode!!!

Really enjoyed the MASH homage being a HUGE MASH fan. Walter definitely deserved some lines after 7 years and he played them with gusto!! "We are REALLY glad you are Here" cracked me up!

I really enjoyed that Sam showed a bit of insecurity (temper) and that Daniel and Teal'c noticed. Also I LOVED the conference room scene Snippiness...new word of the day
              Kind of cool how Jack was letting them know that the world *really* does not revolve around SG-1 (even though we want it to)

The plant growing every where was a nice and fun diversion. For an episode that had a lot going on this was a joy to watch RDA just has a natural flow that reminds me of why I like watching him so much.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the whole *Letter to Hammond* thing seemed a bit cheesy at first but in the end it was tied in nicely. With the Asst. letting Jack know he was indeed good enough to fill the big guys shoes just in his own way.

It may have been a bit easier to believe that this was all in a days work had we seen Hammond deal with THIS much before, but I guess with Jack things are always a bit over the top.

The Ba'al interaction was fun yet I think I wanted more closure about Abyss but it is only an hour show. Loved the Cammy a$$ reference

and in the end Making the decision to trust Col Carter and open the iris said volumes and then the conversation regarding her evaluation made me laugh. Again reminded me why I just like watching the two of them on the screen together
              Season 8 is shaping up to be a fun one and it looks like maybe Jack will not be used just for the one-liners!! and for THAT I am eternally grateful!!
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I loved this episode! It was fun and fast-paced...a good introduction into the life of Hammond...uh, I mean, General O'Neill.

My question is, why didn't the Marines wear the MARPAT digital camo that we saw in "Rising, Pt. 1?" That would be really cool! Obviously if the Marines in Atlantis have the new camo (especially since it's superior in every way to their current camoflage) the Marines at the SGC would have them, too.

For more information on MARPAT, vist the following address:
                http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm

For a look at MARPAT, here is an image:

Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I haven't read this thread yet, but I thought I'd get my notes in. Apologies for duplicating what everyone else has already said.

- Loved Gary Jones' Radar O'Reilly homage.
                  - Teal'c must've found the hidden supply of Happy Pills.
                  - Always great to see Reynolds and Davis! Reynolds even got some character development going!
                  - Great FX on the Al'kesh.
                  - The O'Brien segment looked much better in the final edit than it did on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
                  - The "alien plant" looked like it came from the same nursery as the foliage in the Evolution "jungle"...complete with Dr. Lee, even!
                  - Major Davis still didn't get to go through the gate!

It was nice to see a good "O'Neill" episode again. I mean, the rest of the team was MIA for most of it. How often does that happen?

I'd comment more, but I've only had one pass at it...with a lot of RL interruptions, at that. Overall, it was a lot of fun to see the General in action and O'Neill is quite passable as a General. I do hope that's not the last we see of Baal. It can't be. He's such a great baddie! I like him better than Anubis!

Thumbs up! Thanks TPTB!
                  Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                  O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                  - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                  - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                  once done, cannot be undone...
                  brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Oh yeah...forgot.

Favorite lines (some paraphrasing):

Walter: I can't tell you how happy we are that you're here.

Daniel: You're just going to sit in here...
                    Carter: I'm not sulking.
                    Daniel: Working! I was going to say "working"...

O'Neill:
                    "I just don't have the design gene in me"
                    "Camel-ass"
                    "Cammy"
                    "...big and shiny shoes..."
                    And all time favorite:
                    "It's what I do."
                    (I am a total X-Tremist!!)

I'm glad Gilmore left at the end. Given what he was doing, maybe that means we'll be seeing more and more of Walter!!

This was a pretty tight episode. Lots of stuff going on. Lots of subplots. Just shy of too much stuff going on, but Cooper and Woeste did a great job on keeping it together and going. I'm glad we got a good O'Neill ep so early in the season after his obvious lack of presence in much of Season 7. Although I'm sure we'll start getting some RDA-lite eps, I think this General thing is going to be great! I can see how it would be easier to film more scenes as a General.
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Very good ep, one of those that gives a bit of a look into the things that mostly happen in the background. After reading the "Making of..." I must say I'm glad they didn't turn the plant into an episode, it was to similar to "Message in a Bottle" but as a C-plot it worked fine to show what a base-commander has to deal with. Also as mentioned before it was nice to finally see the probably record-holding-recurring-Sergeant getting some real lines and see that he does more than just pushing the gate buttons.

I regretted that it was Hammond who told Jack about the administrative aid, I had hoped he had figured it out himself, and I regretted that we didn't get to see the President endorsing Jack. On the good side it was nice to see his unorthodox but very smart tricks work out for Camulus and those idiots who came for a treaty. Other things I liked were the vote of confidence from Colonel Reynolds and Sam being called Colonel (I'm not sure but I can't recall her being called Colonel in the previous episode).

I got one problem with this episode, mentioned before: Camulus was an interesting character for switching sides and was dropped to quickly (but plausible).

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Well I was just happy all the way through.

Definitely love RDA heavy episodes and Jack was used well throughout the whole episode!!!

Really enjoyed the MASH homage being a HUGE MASH fan. Walter definitely deserved some lines after 7 years and he played them with gusto!! "We are REALLY glad you are Here" cracked me up!

I really enjoyed that Sam showed a bit of insecurity (temper) and that Daniel and Teal'c noticed. Also I LOVED the conference room scene Snippiness...new word of the day
                        Kind of cool how Jack was letting them know that the world *really* does not revolve around SG-1 (even though we want it to)

The plant growing every where was a nice and fun diversion. For an episode that had a lot going on this was a joy to watch RDA just has a natural flow that reminds me of why I like watching him so much.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the whole *Letter to Hammond* thing seemed a bit cheesy at first but in the end it was tied in nicely. With the Asst. letting Jack know he was indeed good enough to fill the big guys shoes just in his own way.

It may have been a bit easier to believe that this was all in a days work had we seen Hammond deal with THIS much before, but I guess with Jack things are always a bit over the top.

The Ba'al interaction was fun yet I think I wanted more closure about Abyss but it is only an hour show. Loved the Cammy a$$ reference

and in the end Making the decision to trust Col Carter and open the iris said volumes and then the conversation regarding her evaluation made me laugh. Again reminded me why I just like watching the two of them on the screen together
                        Season 8 is shaping up to be a fun one and it looks like maybe Jack will not be used just for the one-liners!! and for THAT I am eternally grateful!!
                        What Tame said. I enjoyed every loving minute of it.

The episode also reinforced my rather deep seated feelings that Jack/RDA is the backbone of Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelmer
                          I regretted that it was Hammond who told Jack about the administrative aid, I had hoped he had figured it out himself......
                          I thought the same thing. This episode highlighted Jack's great gut instincts, natural leadership abilities and common sense smarts. I really expected the response from Jack (after the guy fessed up) to be......"yeah, I figured as much", not that he had heard about it from Hammond.

But all in all I remembered why I really love Jack in this episode. Add me to the list who is delighted they're toning down the "Dumb Jack" stuff.

One scene I forgot to mention that was one of my favorites was where Jack goes to the gateroom and sees Reynolds and the rest of the SGC teams assembled, ready to head out if Jack gave the word. RDA played the scene beautifully and it was a wonderful testament to the bravery of the SGC personnel, their confidence in Jack as their commander (which he needed at that point) and a nod to their "we never leave anyone behind" credo. Very nice.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Loved the "Radar" impression at the beginning.Great timing!

Jack locking the delegates in the room together like a couple of ill-behaved brats.Funny.
                            I liked "Camel-a$$" and the little smirk he gave Jack ..."It was worth a try..."

Thereis so much I liked,[I'd like to see "Cammy" back,though]that I can't list,but suffice to say it was well done.
                            The zoom in on the "never mind" was a really nice touch.I guess Jack feels better about the job now.
                            nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

It's pretty good when they start referencing themselves (instead of Wizard of Oz and Star Trek/Star Wars all the time). I loved the "It's what I do" line!
                              sigpic

Comment

the best one is *look down at signature*
                                O'neil: speaking of Anubis' secret base, did you find any cool weapons?
                                Carter:.....no.....
                                O'neil: NUTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X