Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack to Baal: "Come on now....me mocking you? Thats my job."

I loved that line!!! (Kinda paraphrased)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Season 7 was crap and I was giving up hope, but this season rocks! I'm even taping it. I loved how Jack was in this episode and all the little things with joke, like the locking the people to talk, and the mocking part. Love it.

But they find a ZMP and not even mentain Atlantis. The first one had little power after it was used then they went to Atlantis with it. I mean that whole part makes me mad, mensain the damn thing!
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
        The whole first scene had me hysterical!! It was like watching Radar and Col. Blake on MASH!!

Too much!!
        that's exactly what I was thinking... it was very funny!

Comment

Originally posted by David85
          Season 7 was crap and I was giving up hope, but this season rocks! I'm even taping it. I loved how Jack was in this episode and all the little things with joke, like the locking the people to talk, and the mocking part. Love it.

But they find a ZMP and not even mentain Atlantis. The first one had little power after it was used then they went to Atlantis with it. I mean that whole part makes me mad, mensain the damn thing!

they did mention it...little "audit" dude said, "I know with that we could get back to Pegasus..."

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
            Yeah, so far I'm loving this season! Let's hope it continues! I love Jack's sense of humor in this one. Especially when what's-his-name asked Jack if it was wise to antagonize Ba'al and Jack replied that "it's what I do".

Too funny!
            LMAO! Yeah, I was having a couple of Wormhole Xtreme flashbacks....
            When they were trying to flame the plant all I could see was PDL going "Biggggerrrr!!!", and then Jack's "it's what I do...."

Comment

Betcha Jack is a closet X-tremist. Or Wormy. Or whatever WX fans call themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by She Lurks
                ~~Well - gotta de-lurk sometime~~

LOVED it - very much fun. Although I wonder how an all-RDA-all-the-time ep figures into that complex formula that results in an RDA lite season (ooh - here I go, brand new and starting trouble already...) And wondering what was going on behind the scenes... T'ealc seemed to be doing a bit of almost inappropriate amount of smiling in this one.

(imagine a signature here...some day, if the AOL dieties smile on me, I'll acutally get one set up!)
                Well, first off... WELCOME!
                LOL, way to start out! Start an argument with your first post

Except I actually agree with you... I was thinking the same thing - how come we get all this RDA when he's only on set 3 days 3 weeks a month?? (keep it up!). I'll take as much Jack-out-of water as I can, saving up for later in the season.
                *nods* Teal'c DID seem to be doing a lot of smiling... I'm often torn as to whether he is just bringing a wider emotion range into the character, or if he's trying hard not to crack up at some joke on set (BTW, was it just me or was Walter trying awfully hard not to crack up in the intro scene - loved the way he kept cutting Jack off, I don't think Jack got a full sentence in there! ).

hmmm, may as well add my remaining comments while I'm at it...
                I did find myself wondering what the heck was happening to the rest of SG-1, and missing them. It's often through their interactions with Jack that I find the most humour - all Daniel has to do is look at Jack a bit cross-eyed and its hysterical (point in case the whole "who shot me scene" ).

Again, I managed not to get spoiled about the end (yay!). I thought it was very well done, leading us to believe one thing, and pulling a cut and switch at the end. I was certainly suckered (and in a good way).
                OK, that's enough rambling from me, I'm curious to see what everyone else thought...???

Comment

Incidentally, I LOVED getting to see Cammy again (Camel-ass, hehe), but I think he was dumped off too quickly. Probably by necessity, given Bacic's commitment to Andromeda (wasting his talent there, IMO), but that doesn't mean I have to like it...

Comment

Andromeda is a failing show....he should have come to SG1 full time.

It was good to see Major Davis once again. I was like..."Is that Davis!?!??!" when the gate opened for the ambassedors. I wa slike "HOLY CRAP IT IS!!!!"

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Originally posted by They call me Tim
                      they did mention it...little "audit" dude said, "I know with that we could get back to Pegasus..."

Really? I missed that? I watched it twise I should have heard that...

Andromeda only has one more season, that was already said, but so does SG-1, and that was already said 4 times already.

Yay! I'm a Death Glider Pilot now. I hate the Stupid Soldiers.
                      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by They call me Tim
                        And Dr. Lee said something about they were going to send it to Antartica.

Comment

Dr Lee said something along the lines of: "It has almost 50% power remaining....with that we could get back to the Pegasus Galaxy."

Comment

Well that's three for three for season 8! Enjoyed this episode focusing on Jack's adjustment to taking over the SGC. Jack's wistfulness as he watched the team leave thru the gate and then his exasperation and discomfort at dealing with the day-to-day duties at the SGC were very well done. RDA seems to be enjoying the changes to his character.

We didn't get much of SG-1, but in return we got to see a lot of supporting characters highlighted and it was a lot of fun. Walter, Siler, Dr. Lee all had great scenes (and lots of lines!) and I thought Dr. Lee and "Seymour" were hysterical. And Siler and his flame thrower. Nice to see Davis again but blink and you'd miss him.

I rather liked Cammy and am sorry we didn't get to keep him around a little longer. Oh well, maybe he'll be back. Steve Bacic does well playing a sullen, superior system lord.

I really liked that they didn't forget the past in this episode. Last year when Jack met up with Ba'al it seemed like the experiences of Abyss were totally forgotten. This year, we get nice little nods to Jack's past with Ba'al. "Ba'al, you should know, of course I dare mock you". Cammy wasn't locked away after New Order and forgotten. The ZPM is discovered and they mention the chance to open the gate to the Pegasus galaxy. I feel like there's more attention being paid to the little details this year and it really makes a difference.
                            Last edited by keshou; 31 July 2004, 06:36 AM. Reason: correct quote
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

This was a great episode. I couldn't stop laughing at the begining. It was so Jack to see him dealing with the demands of the new job.

I missed the rest of the team though. It's tough going through an episode with out much Daniel.
                              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Well that's a twist - usually I'm asking "Where's Jack?", but this time it's "Where's SG-1?" Not that I mind - I'm one of those who can watch RDA/Jack type all day.
                                Originally posted by Skydiver
                                very enjoyable and one that needs a 2nd or 3rd watching jsut to get all the dialogue down
                                Definitely needs rewatching to catch all the references and in-house-jokes. I liked how all the "minor" characters had their little moments: I'd forgotten Radar's name was Walter - that's so funny! Jack giving his coffee to Siler and later on "Sorry Siler!" Hearing that musical motif from "Urgo" (I just love that episode!) and Jack calling Dr. Lee "Seymour" (imagine if that plant ever got up the elevator - yikes!). And should Major Davis really be involved in diplomacy (remember "48 Hours"?) and doesn't anyone out there in the galaxy have any fashion sense?!?

On a more serious note, looks as if Reynold's assuming the role that Jack had with Hammond. [Question: Is Reynold a Marine? I always thought he was Air Force - okay, maybe not.] I liked the scene in the gateroom when Jack is sobered by the thought that he's no longer responsible for just SG-1 and that he does command the loyalty and respect of all Stargate personnel.

And I really do hope that Jack is finally dropping the "dumb" act (take that Carter!) - Jack's THE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                                X