Zero Hour (804)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea that was a good line. Heheh

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Your sig is a little bit spoilerly to those who haven't seen the ep yet. It's a good snippet, though. Just not one of my faves.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        Well I was just happy all the way through.
        Me too! Could you hear me?

Definitely love RDA heavy episodes and Jack was used well throughout the whole episode!!!
        Yes! YES! Excellent use of his time!

Really enjoyed the MASH homage being a HUGE MASH fan. Walter definitely deserved some lines after 7 years and he played them with gusto!! "We are REALLY glad you are Here" cracked me up!
        I'm with you, my MASH buddy! I love Walter's lines! Remember "He's not like regular people." LOL!
        I really enjoyed that Sam showed a bit of insecurity (temper) and that Daniel and Teal'c noticed. Also I LOVED the conference room scene Snippiness...new word of the day
        Kind of cool how Jack was letting them know that the world *really* does not revolve around SG-1 (even though we want it to)
        She seemed hesitant to stand up to Jack, and Daniel kept butting in. I was ready for Sam to give Daniel a look or something! I was thinking Jack was being overly cautious with SG1.
        The plant growing every where was a nice and fun diversion. For an episode that had a lot going on this was a joy to watch RDA just has a natural flow that reminds me of why I like watching him so much.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the whole *Letter to Hammond* thing seemed a bit cheesy at first but in the end it was tied in nicely. With the Asst. letting Jack know he was indeed good enough to fill the big guys shoes just in his own way.
        I thought it was odd at first because we had never seen anything like it before. However, it did remind me again of frequent MASH episodes. I guess I had MASH on the brain.

It may have been a bit easier to believe that this was all in a days work had we seen Hammond deal with THIS much before, but I guess with Jack things are always a bit over the top.
        I thought it was GREAT to see behind the scenes of the SGC. I guess now we know how Hammond lost his hair.
        The Ba'al interaction was fun yet I think I wanted more closure about Abyss but it is only an hour show. Loved the Cammy a$ reference
        I thought Ba'al was more intimidating than Anubis as a hologram. Loved the interaction between Ba'al and Jack, and hope to see more.

and in the end Making the decision to trust Col Carter and open the iris said volumes and then the conversation regarding her evaluation made me laugh. Again reminded me why I just like watching the two of them on the screen together
        Season 8 is shaping up to be a fun one and it looks like maybe Jack will not be used just for the one-liners!! and for THAT I am eternally grateful!!
        Amen!! WooHoo!!! Dr. Lee was great too! So far for me, this was the best ep. of Season 8.

Token ~

Comment

Was Lee one of the other guys?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Great episode. The only thing I missed was the rest of SG1, but htis was basically a Jack episode, showing him settling into his new job. It was cool to see Major Davis, Reynolds and Dr. Lee again and the bit at the beginning with Jack and Chevron guy was great the MASH referance. It was cool to see Camulus (camal-ass) again, and I think Steve Bacic played it beautifully, especially the "prison" parts where he did the demeaned former system lord. I hope he could come back, but it doesn't look likely. I agree with Shadow, he's wasted on Andromeda.

Favorite lines

Chevron Guy: we are REALLY glad you are here

Gilmore: But General O'Neill hasn't slept in two days!
            Dr. Lee: That's why you're going to tell him.

Jack: Baal, of course I dare mock you.

Delegate: You cannot expect us to share the same room!
            Jack: Not amicably... At first.

Comment

Lee has been in a few eps, most notably Paradise Lost and Evolution, but he wasn't one of THE "Other Guys".

Comment

I have to say that the plant is my favorite character.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Lee has been in a few eps, most notably Paradise Lost and Evolution, but he wasn't one of THE "Other Guys".

Thanks for clearing that up Maat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelmer
                    <snip>I regretted that it was Hammond who told Jack about the administrative aid, I had hoped he had figured it out himself, and I regretted that we didn't get to see the President endorsing Jack. On the good side it was nice to see his unorthodox but very smart tricks work out for Camulus and those idiots who came for a treaty.<snip>
                    The way the scene played I got the feeling Jack was fibbing....that he had figured it out but he laid it on Hammond for telling him. All through the episode they would cut to Jack when the asst. would ask something Jack thought was a bit off. So my first thought was once again Jack was letting someone think he wasn't as clever as he really is.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Couldn't he potentially get Hammond in trouble by doing that? Or did he take Gilmor to be a sincere convert to the Cult of Jack Worship and trusted him not to tell his superiors that "Hammond warned him"?

Comment

I loved this ep. I loved all the supporting characters: Reynolds, Davis, Walter (Chevron Guy), Dr. Lee, Gilmore and Stiler. I only wish Davis was in the show more.

Originally posted by Nolamom
                        It's pretty good when they start referencing themselves (instead of Wizard of Oz and Star Trek/Star Wars all the time).
                        Especially when Davis, Reynolds and Jack where talking about a rescue mission. I like how they talked about using the Tor’ka poison. I always wondered what happened to it. Also talking about Abyss and even referring to the Atlantis base, that was nice.

If the rest of the season is like this ep. then I will really, really love Season 8.
                        "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          I have to say that the plant is my favorite character.
                          yeah, plant started off as not much, just a tiny seed of a role, but by the end, he'd really started to grow on me
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                            But all in all I remembered why I really love Jack in this episode. Add me to the list who is delighted they're toning down the "Dumb Jack" stuff.
                            Add me to that list!

Jack has to be smart. To be a Colonel in the air force, you have to have a masters degree. I don't know what you need to be a general, but it'll probably be even more!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              yeah, plant started off as not much, just a tiny seed of a role, but by the end, he'd really started to grow on me
                              Grow on me! JOKE! Good one Skydiver.

Comment

What a GREAT EP !!! Lots and Lots of Jack. And we had the real Jack. He was smart, Sexy, ahead of the game, snarky, competent, dedicated, and very human. And he smiled a few times. Yep. Great Jack ep. Long time no see 'um. Hurray for GENERAL Jack !

As for RDA. The man proved again he has a range in his acting talent.
                                Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X