Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Hour (804)

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Zero Hour (804)

Well, like everyone else, I LOVED that ep!!

It was like having an intravenus injection of Jack in preparation for all the jack-liteness coming up!

Since I'm coming in late, everything has mostly been said. So I won't bore anyone with any in-depth analysis or anything.

But I will say that this episode made me appreciate Hammond a whole lot more, and basically fulfilled every wish I could have had for an episode such as this. Great recurring characters, great lines, great Jack, realistic doubts...the plant

LOVE IT!

oky i loved the ep but only after i actually watched it. the beginning was slow for me...and i didn't really like it...in the middel it picked up and i was like...so what's gonna happen?! and in the end after plots holes were adresed I was like, WOW, I love this EP!!! It's cool that they made Jack Episode...good for the show!!! I hope they will get their way with that ZPM!

I've only skimmed a few messages, but as always I'm itching to run down a few thoughts....

1) This wasn't a Jack-heavy ep... this was a Jack-intensive ep. I think there were maybe 2 scenes he wasn't in. But why do I feel we've used up all of our RDA minutes for the season?

2) And by contrast, I'm kinda missing the remaining members of SG-1. I'm still waiting to see Carter in take-charge command mode. I know, patience grasshopper.

3) I think Walter & Siler had more lines this ep than in the previous seven years combined, and I loved it! Loved the "no offense, Siler"/"None taken" bit.

4) Could've done without the "da da DAAAAA" dramatic music when the aide guy first left Jack and called the prez. There was enough stuff going on in the ep that I didn't need to be suspicious of him.

5) Screw the wrench. Siler should fix *every* problem with a flame-thrower.

6) <sigh> While I love Maj. Davis (when can I make him my avatar?!?!), this was just not his ep. I think I'll go back and watch Tangent or Descent.

7) Nice way to end the ep. Very Jack-like.

8) Oh, almost forgot... Pierre Bernard (the O'Brien guy) didn't suck *too* badly. The final cut of that scene made far more sense than what they showed on Late Night.
    Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    From dictionary.com

zero hour n. The scheduled time for the start of an operation or action, especially a combat operation of great size. Also called H-hour.

n. The time set for the start of an action or operation
    Yes... well, it's probably a military term too which is why they used it in the ep. I was a little unconfortable with it though, esp each time they did "three days to zero hour" etc b/c it's how the terrorists referred to 9/11. But I guess that's just me.
    Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Earth Symbol Re: Zero Hour (804)

Hello Campers,

Hmmm... my two cents on "Zero Hour" -- it wasn't too shabby all around. Personally I think there were too many commercials, but I think I'm spoiled with the DVDs. The humor is there (thank the stars) the Krispy Kreme donuts, the "Little Shop of Horrors" bits, and the magnifying glass routine -- yeah, I was laughing. For the DVD release of this episode (nothing like being optimistic/impaitent about the future!) it would be interesting to have RDA's commentary -- if it's something he'd be willing to do.

Does anyone else notice that the episodes in this season are a little on the light side? Maybe it's the sci-fi channel or my TV, but all the SGC scenes seem to have a warmish glow to them that's lacking in the other seasons. Maybe they're filling on different film. I don't know. Not important, I'm sure.

But yes, "Zero Hour" -- I'm impressed, happy, and looking forward to next week!
    Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Not much to say that hasn't been mentioned by others. Like most people, I loved this episode. I was a little confused about the zero hour refference, it seemed a little off, refferring to only the president's visit. Loved the dialogue and screen times for Walter and Walter and Siler. After having SMed "Little Shop" last year, I couldn't stop laughing at the "Seymour" refference. I kept singing "Feed Me, Seymour" in my head durring commercials. With that having been said, I am really looking forward to the continuation of Season 8.

First Lieutenant

Well, it's the morning after 'Zero Hour' and I'm STILL simling.

See?

And I just thought of another thing I loved about the episode.

While we may have missed SG1 while they were missing in action, I think it was absolutely necessary for them not to be around while Jack was going through his personal 'I can't do this...can I?' crisis. I think the powers made exactly the right call on this. If Jack had had Daniel, Teal'c and Sam to go to for advice or to talk him through his self-doubt, it would seem like the SGC was being run by General Jack and his team, not General Jack the competent leader.

We had to see him break free of his little support group and have to face these challenges on his own, bearing the full brunt of responsibility.

And I LOVE the powers for making it a struggle and not just getting on with run-of-the-mill episodes, expecting the viewers to just accept that 'of COURSE O'Neill is a good general. He's the leading cast member'.

And I also love that Carter has similar insecurities...maybe we'll see more of that later on in the season. And I agree with whoever said it that it will be great to finally see Carter in real kick-butt command mode

Yes, I enjoyed this ep too - well said, all!
    Other things I noticed
    - I like seeing 'young Hammond' (actor from 1969), it's almost like having Hammond around!
    - And - oops - I thought Col. Reynolds was dead! What was the last ep we saw him in? Guess he's not quite dead yet!
    "I'd love to de-brief you all after I've de-briefed myself for a nice hot shower."

the funny thing is that I didnt' realise that it was 'young Hammond'.. i was like i know that dude...oh well...cool...and i do not remember Reynolds...must have not seen the eps with him...or didn't pay much attention...

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DownFallAngel
    Was Lee one of the other guys?
    Dr. Lee first showed up in "Prodigy" if I recall correctly. I think he's an archaelogist of some sort.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

Zat Re: Zero Hour (804)

Zero Hour was kinda disappointing.
    I didn't find it that interesting.
    Lockdown is probably the best season 8 episode so far.
    Althouth the scenes for next weeks episode, Icon, looked really good.

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    One scene I forgot to mention that was one of my favorites was where Jack goes to the gateroom and sees Reynolds and the rest of the SGC teams assembled, ready to head out if Jack gave the word. RDA played the scene beautifully and it was a wonderful testament to the bravery of the SGC personnel, their confidence in Jack as their commander (which he needed at that point) and a nod to their "we never leave anyone behind" credo. Very nice.
    I liked that scene, too. I thought it showed great confidence in Jack's ability to lead.

I did like the nod to "Abyss" when Reynolds told Gilmore off in Jack's office. I was touched when he said that the rest of SG-1 never gave up on him and he wouldn't give up on them. It was a nice reference to one of my all-time fave eps.
    Last edited by marimba26; August 2nd, 2004 at 02:11 PM.

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

Quote Originally Posted by Lugal
    I agree with Shadow, he's wasted on Andromeda.
    me too...

Delegate: You cannot expect us to share the same room!
    Jack: Not amicably... At first.
    That part with the bickering delegates was great! SOOOO funny and not too over the top! Leave it to Jack to lock them in a room together until they work it out.
    Last edited by marimba26; August 2nd, 2004 at 02:11 PM.

This one was okay. I like it when Jack put the squabbling reps into a locked room for a couple of days. His methods were not orthodox but they get the job done.

The other was the talk between Walter and Jack in the beginning. It reminded me of M*A*S*H.

Yes, Abyss was some of RDA's best acting on the series. But Zero Hour wasn't far behind. Loved the Jack ep. Been after Malozzi to make one. Just hope we haven't lost all our Jack moments for the rest of the year.

.Spoilers for s8 THREADS

Looking forward to the love interest in Threads. Wouldn't mind assuming the role...heh heh heh...eh Marimba? All the other Gutter Gals can just get in line.
    Last edited by Madeleine; August 2nd, 2004 at 07:05 PM.

Might want to add spoiler warnings to your last post, there, Livi2Jack...

I LOVED this ep, and I am SO MAD at my VCR for messing up my recording. I have chipmunk-voice audio! So yeah, I'll have to wait until it re-airs. Which will be a long time from now, I bet. grr...

Question?

Possible spoilers for S8

Is Gilmor going to be assigned to the SGC?

At first I wasn't going to like him but he grew on me in Zero Hour.

He was on temporary assignment. He was leaving at the end. "My work here is done" sorta thing.

Like I said, Wally's gonna be stuck with O'Neill for a while longer, methinks.

oky i was talkin about on Anibus' forum and I need help...Does anyone know were I can get a copy of Jack's resignation paper? It's funny! I really loved how it ended - "Never mind."!!! so any one knows?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast