Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Hour (804)

Default Re: Zero Hour (804)

Betcha Jack is a closet X-tremist. Or Wormy. Or whatever WX fans call themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by She Lurks
    ~~Well - gotta de-lurk sometime~~

LOVED it - very much fun. Although I wonder how an all-RDA-all-the-time ep figures into that complex formula that results in an RDA lite season (ooh - here I go, brand new and starting trouble already...) And wondering what was going on behind the scenes... T'ealc seemed to be doing a bit of almost inappropriate amount of smiling in this one.

(imagine a signature here...some day, if the AOL dieties smile on me, I'll acutally get one set up!)
    Well, first off... WELCOME!
    LOL, way to start out! Start an argument with your first post

Except I actually agree with you... I was thinking the same thing - how come we get all this RDA when he's only on set 3 days 3 weeks a month?? (keep it up!). I'll take as much Jack-out-of water as I can, saving up for later in the season.
    *nods* Teal'c DID seem to be doing a lot of smiling... I'm often torn as to whether he is just bringing a wider emotion range into the character, or if he's trying hard not to crack up at some joke on set (BTW, was it just me or was Walter trying awfully hard not to crack up in the intro scene - loved the way he kept cutting Jack off, I don't think Jack got a full sentence in there! ).

hmmm, may as well add my remaining comments while I'm at it...
    I did find myself wondering what the heck was happening to the rest of SG-1, and missing them. It's often through their interactions with Jack that I find the most humour - all Daniel has to do is look at Jack a bit cross-eyed and its hysterical (point in case the whole "who shot me scene" ).

Again, I managed not to get spoiled about the end (yay!). I thought it was very well done, leading us to believe one thing, and pulling a cut and switch at the end. I was certainly suckered (and in a good way).
    OK, that's enough rambling from me, I'm curious to see what everyone else thought...???

Incidentally, I LOVED getting to see Cammy again (Camel-ass, hehe), but I think he was dumped off too quickly. Probably by necessity, given Bacic's commitment to Andromeda (wasting his talent there, IMO), but that doesn't mean I have to like it...

Andromeda is a failing show....he should have come to SG1 full time.

It was good to see Major Davis once again. I was like..."Is that Davis!?!??!" when the gate opened for the ambassedors. I wa slike "HOLY CRAP IT IS!!!!"
    http://meteorxl.com/images/Mach/RA2.jpg
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Quote Originally Posted by They call me Tim
    they did mention it...little "audit" dude said, "I know with that we could get back to Pegasus..."

Really? I missed that? I watched it twise I should have heard that...

Andromeda only has one more season, that was already said, but so does SG-1, and that was already said 4 times already.

Yay! I'm a Death Glider Pilot now. I hate the Stupid Soldiers.
    Itís the show that doesnít end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because itís the show that doesnít endÖ..

meimei

Quote Originally Posted by They call me Tim
    they did mention it...little "audit" dude said, "I know with that we could get back to Pegasus..."
    And Dr. Lee said something about they were going to send it to Antartica.

Dr Lee said something along the lines of: "It has almost 50% power remaining....with that we could get back to the Pegasus Galaxy."
    http://meteorxl.com/images/Mach/RA2.jpg
    I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Well that's three for three for season 8! Enjoyed this episode focusing on Jack's adjustment to taking over the SGC. Jack's wistfulness as he watched the team leave thru the gate and then his exasperation and discomfort at dealing with the day-to-day duties at the SGC were very well done. RDA seems to be enjoying the changes to his character.

We didn't get much of SG-1, but in return we got to see a lot of supporting characters highlighted and it was a lot of fun. Walter, Siler, Dr. Lee all had great scenes (and lots of lines!) and I thought Dr. Lee and "Seymour" were hysterical. And Siler and his flame thrower. Nice to see Davis again but blink and you'd miss him.

I rather liked Cammy and am sorry we didn't get to keep him around a little longer. Oh well, maybe he'll be back. Steve Bacic does well playing a sullen, superior system lord.

I really liked that they didn't forget the past in this episode. Last year when Jack met up with Ba'al it seemed like the experiences of Abyss were totally forgotten. This year, we get nice little nods to Jack's past with Ba'al. "Ba'al, you should know, of course I dare mock you". Cammy wasn't locked away after New Order and forgotten. The ZPM is discovered and they mention the chance to open the gate to the Pegasus galaxy. I feel like there's more attention being paid to the little details this year and it really makes a difference.
    Last edited by Kes; July 31st, 2004 at 06:36 AM. Reason: correct quote
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

This was a great episode. I couldn't stop laughing at the begining. It was so Jack to see him dealing with the demands of the new job.

I missed the rest of the team though. It's tough going through an episode with out much Daniel.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

Probie

Thumbs up Re: Zero Hour (804)

Well that's a twist - usually I'm asking "Where's Jack?", but this time it's "Where's SG-1?" Not that I mind - I'm one of those who can watch RDA/Jack type all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver
    very enjoyable and one that needs a 2nd or 3rd watching jsut to get all the dialogue down
    Definitely needs rewatching to catch all the references and in-house-jokes. I liked how all the "minor" characters had their little moments: I'd forgotten Radar's name was Walter - that's so funny! Jack giving his coffee to Siler and later on "Sorry Siler!" Hearing that musical motif from "Urgo" (I just love that episode!) and Jack calling Dr. Lee "Seymour" (imagine if that plant ever got up the elevator - yikes!). And should Major Davis really be involved in diplomacy (remember "48 Hours"?) and doesn't anyone out there in the galaxy have any fashion sense?!?

On a more serious note, looks as if Reynold's assuming the role that Jack had with Hammond. [Question: Is Reynold a Marine? I always thought he was Air Force - okay, maybe not.] I liked the scene in the gateroom when Jack is sobered by the thought that he's no longer responsible for just SG-1 and that he does command the loyalty and respect of all Stargate personnel.

And I really do hope that Jack is finally dropping the "dumb" act (take that Carter!) - Jack's THE MAN!

Chief Master Sergeant Yu Huang Shang Ti's Avatar

Yeah, Jack's command position seems to have put a little starch in his shorts, as it were. He's still the Jack we knew, but he's not laying on the "snarky airhead" with a trowel anymore. They kept telling us that he's smarter than he lets on... and now we can finally see it in action. All in all, a great, solid episode.

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

Two words about this ep:

LOVED IT!!!!

The best part--

JACK! JACK! and more JACK!! Gads, I've SOOOOOO missed him. Liked Jack in this ep. Funny but not too snarky. Seems like the PTB are making much better use of RDA this season. Loving that!

Loved the plant! Too funny! And Siler with a flame thrower!! ROFL!! Dr. Lee was his usual geeky self but i'm glad he's being used (he was pretty funny last season).

LOVED it that Chevron Guy and Siler had LINES! That Blake/Radar moment between Chevron Guy and Jack was hilarious!!!

As for season 7, I really liked it (LOVED Heroes and Lost City) but I think this one has potential to be even better...

I grinned all the way through. Better than last week's ep. Good to see so much of so many of the recurring characters.

Skydiving like the good lemming I am...;)

Quote Originally Posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
    Yeah, Jack's command position seems to have put a little starch in his shorts, as it were. He's still the Jack we knew, but he's not laying on the "snarky airhead" with a trowel anymore. They kept telling us that he's smarter than he lets on... and now we can finally see it in action. All in all, a great, solid episode.
    I'm really glad we got to see Jack without seeing too much of *dumb* Jack. I can't stand *dumb* Jack! Nice to see him in control.

Tretonin Re: Zero Hour (804)

Quote Originally Posted by marimba26
    I'm really glad we got to see Jack without seeing too much of *dumb* Jack. I can't stand *dumb* Jack! Nice to see him in control.
    I'm glad they've toned that down to. As I've been watching repeats I've noticed that Jack has quite a few *Dumb* moments. At least for my taste, but this season he's been a lot better, including in the Atlantis premier.

As for the espisode, I loved it from beginning to end. The opening was hilarious. I love MASH and that scene was pulled right out from one of the episodes and done to perfection by RDA and Chevron Guy. I thought the plant growing out of control was cool, especially after the new guy asked Jack if it was safe. I don't remember the exact line. So far this seasons turning out pretty shabby and I hope it continues.
    Dr. McKay "You need to get out more."
    Dr. Beckett "We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get!?"

The Pantsinator
    (Moderator Emeritus)

Well I was just happy all the way through.

Definitely love RDA heavy episodes and Jack was used well throughout the whole episode!!!

Really enjoyed the MASH homage being a HUGE MASH fan. Walter definitely deserved some lines after 7 years and he played them with gusto!! "We are REALLY glad you are Here" cracked me up!

I really enjoyed that Sam showed a bit of insecurity (temper) and that Daniel and Teal'c noticed. Also I LOVED the conference room scene Snippiness...new word of the day
    Kind of cool how Jack was letting them know that the world *really* does not revolve around SG-1 (even though we want it to)

The plant growing every where was a nice and fun diversion. For an episode that had a lot going on this was a joy to watch RDA just has a natural flow that reminds me of why I like watching him so much.

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about the whole *Letter to Hammond* thing seemed a bit cheesy at first but in the end it was tied in nicely. With the Asst. letting Jack know he was indeed good enough to fill the big guys shoes just in his own way.

It may have been a bit easier to believe that this was all in a days work had we seen Hammond deal with THIS much before, but I guess with Jack things are always a bit over the top.

The Ba'al interaction was fun yet I think I wanted more closure about Abyss but it is only an hour show. Loved the Cammy a$$ reference

and in the end Making the decision to trust Col Carter and open the iris said volumes and then the conversation regarding her evaluation made me laugh. Again reminded me why I just like watching the two of them on the screen together
    Season 8 is shaping up to be a fun one and it looks like maybe Jack will not be used just for the one-liners!! and for THAT I am eternally grateful!!

Earth Symbol Re: Zero Hour (804)

I loved this episode! It was fun and fast-paced...a good introduction into the life of Hammond...uh, I mean, General O'Neill.

My question is, why didn't the Marines wear the MARPAT digital camo that we saw in "Rising, Pt. 1?" That would be really cool! Obviously if the Marines in Atlantis have the new camo (especially since it's superior in every way to their current camoflage) the Marines at the SGC would have them, too.

For more information on MARPAT, vist the following address:
    http://www.hyperstealth.com/CADPAT-MARPAT.htm

For a look at MARPAT, here is an image:

I haven't read this thread yet, but I thought I'd get my notes in. Apologies for duplicating what everyone else has already said.

- Loved Gary Jones' Radar O'Reilly homage.
    - Teal'c must've found the hidden supply of Happy Pills.
    - Always great to see Reynolds and Davis! Reynolds even got some character development going!
    - Great FX on the Al'kesh.
    - The O'Brien segment looked much better in the final edit than it did on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
    - The "alien plant" looked like it came from the same nursery as the foliage in the Evolution "jungle"...complete with Dr. Lee, even!
    - Major Davis still didn't get to go through the gate!

It was nice to see a good "O'Neill" episode again. I mean, the rest of the team was MIA for most of it. How often does that happen?

I'd comment more, but I've only had one pass at it...with a lot of RL interruptions, at that. Overall, it was a lot of fun to see the General in action and O'Neill is quite passable as a General. I do hope that's not the last we see of Baal. It can't be. He's such a great baddie! I like him better than Anubis!

Thumbs up! Thanks TPTB!
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Oh yeah...forgot.

Favorite lines (some paraphrasing):

Walter: I can't tell you how happy we are that you're here.

Daniel: You're just going to sit in here...
    Carter: I'm not sulking.
    Daniel: Working! I was going to say "working"...

O'Neill:
    "I just don't have the design gene in me"
    "Camel-ass"
    "Cammy"
    "...big and shiny shoes..."
    And all time favorite:
    "It's what I do."
    (I am a total X-Tremist!!)

I'm glad Gilmore left at the end. Given what he was doing, maybe that means we'll be seeing more and more of Walter!!

This was a pretty tight episode. Lots of stuff going on. Lots of subplots. Just shy of too much stuff going on, but Cooper and Woeste did a great job on keeping it together and going. I'm glad we got a good O'Neill ep so early in the season after his obvious lack of presence in much of Season 7. Although I'm sure we'll start getting some RDA-lite eps, I think this General thing is going to be great! I can see how it would be easier to film more scenes as a General.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Very good ep, one of those that gives a bit of a look into the things that mostly happen in the background. After reading the "Making of..." I must say I'm glad they didn't turn the plant into an episode, it was to similar to "Message in a Bottle" but as a C-plot it worked fine to show what a base-commander has to deal with. Also as mentioned before it was nice to finally see the probably record-holding-recurring-Sergeant getting some real lines and see that he does more than just pushing the gate buttons.

I regretted that it was Hammond who told Jack about the administrative aid, I had hoped he had figured it out himself, and I regretted that we didn't get to see the President endorsing Jack. On the good side it was nice to see his unorthodox but very smart tricks work out for Camulus and those idiots who came for a treaty. Other things I liked were the vote of confidence from Colonel Reynolds and Sam being called Colonel (I'm not sure but I can't recall her being called Colonel in the previous episode).

I got one problem with this episode, mentioned before: Camulus was an interesting character for switching sides and was dropped to quickly (but plausible).

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast