This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    that's what i feel too. season 9 wasn't the sg1 that i've loved all these years.

i hope season 10 -with the inclusion of rda/jack- will bring back that love i used to have for it.
    sally
    Yes, i haven't made it all the way through most eps of S9!! and i really miss the old sg1 -- hopefully s10 will get back on track and the return of Jack will bring the Jack of old that I love and miss!! he has the magic that brings out the best in all of the characters and makes them mesh as the great team that made sg1 what it was!!

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
    I've only seen a few eps of S6, but I haven't liked any of them. It could have something to do with hating Jonas and being a die-hard Daniel fan... (uh, no pun intended... ) I just couldn't get interested, and Jonas kind of killed it for me.
    Really, it had some great eps like Abyss, and Paradise Lost and Descent -- Jonas wasn’t that bad -- I enjoyed his new angle and Daniel in his ascended role!!
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

I have to say season nine. Most of the episodes just never felt up to par with the rest of the show. I mean, there were some really good episodes--Ethon, for example--but most of the episodes were rather disappointing.
      thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Easy: Season 9. Though it was a close call with Season 8, but then while I could watch a few (very few) epsidoes of Season 8 I turned off Season 9 after the very first ep.

To me Stargate SG-1 is Seasons 1-3. 'The Torment of Tantalus', 'The Fifth Race', 'Maternal Instinct' to name a few. Season 6 had some good eps though as did S4 and 5.
        Pay attention TPTB! SG-1 is no longer Stargate! Especially without RDA and the advent of icky Jack/Sam ship.
        The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Choosing a least favourite is wayyyyyy harder.
          For me it's a tie between seasons one and three. I voted three. With the exception of Shades of Grey and Nemesis they were mostly average episodes for me- there were a lot more terrible eps in season one, but a lot more fantastic eps as well. And A Hundred Days was shuddersome.

Comment

you guys are crazy, 8 and 9 were the bomb!

i vote 2, not a lot of interesting episodes there.

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
              you guys are crazy, 8 and 9 were the bomb!

i vote 2, not a lot of interesting episodes there.
              can we keep the insults to a minimum? plenty of threads running around for that. ::eyes mods worriedly::
              sigpic
              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

insults?

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
                  insults?
                  bah. it's a monday. perhaps 'insults' isn't the right word. please don't call people crazy at least not on a thread where it could come back to haunt me. :sees thread deteriorate into s9/8 bash/war...again:
                  you know, i KNEW this was a bad idea. i really did. and i did it anyway. oh, WHY?
                  sigpic
                  "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

For me it's neck and neck for seasons 6 & 9 with 8 coming close. Reckon s9 pips the post.

Comment

Season 6 for me. It has some great episodes, great stories, but I missed Daniel too much. I even liked Jonas in Daniel's absence, but Daniel still has a huge impact on the show for me. So I don't watch most of S.6 eps as much as I do other seasons.

Following behind is seasons 1 and 2 - some good stuff in there, but I don't think the show really found its footing until season 3.
                      Four out of five voices in my head agree: I'm ok. It's the fifth one that scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Season 9 by far. The writing sucks. The show is actually copying itself now. Earth has too many high tech toys now, loved the days when we had to use practical means to fight, made the show more real. Vala is the worst character to ever show up on SG-1. SG-1 used to treat women as equals, with respect. Now it is cheap, bad sex jokes. Mitchell is horrible, and way too cocky to be a Lt. Colonel. The Oreos are very boring, all the Priors are the same pale skinned and monotoned voice. They have no personality, which the Goa'ild had. Apophis was a great character, these priors are coma inducing. The writers have completely forgotten about major plot threads from previous season. Sam should be in charge of SG-1 because she has something called experience. I could go on and on but I will stop here. End of rant.

Comment

Season 4 for me... That is the one season that I have seen the most and I just hate it... except for a few eps like "Window of Oppertunity", "Upgrades", "2010", "Absolute Power", and "The Light". Those eps never get old.
                          There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

Season 1. I can barely watch it it is so cheesy and badly done (for Stargate that is).

Why is season 9 the second best and the worst? Seems odd. Oh, and I love all the people who haven't even finished it and still say it is the worst, "I turned it off after one episode." How can you judge a 20 episode season based on one episode? Every season has their stinkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Konman72
                              Season 1. I can barely watch it it is so cheesy and badly done (for Stargate that is).

Why is season 9 the second best and the worst? Seems odd. Oh, and I love all the people who haven't even finished it and still say it is the worst, "I turned it off after one episode." How can you judge a 20 episode season based on one episode? Every season has their stinkers.
                              the importance of the premiere. and reading the transcripts later.
                              good on you though. you hated s1 and you're still around here to talk about it.

and s9 is second best in the Favorite poll. probably because the people who don't like s9 differ on what seasons are they're favorite, and (many vocal)people who do, like s9 the most. its actually losing by more than s4 is winning, and you wouldn't believe the number of requests i got for a "season 1-8" option on the Favorite poll.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                                the importance of the premiere. and reading the transcripts later.
                                good on you though. you hated s1 and you're still around here to talk about it.

and s9 is second best in the Favorite poll. probably because the people who don't like s9 differ on what seasons are they're favorite, and (many vocal)people who do, like s9 the most. its actually losing by more than s4 is winning, and you wouldn't believe the number of requests i got for a "season 1-8" option on the Favorite poll.
                                It's not so much that I hated season 1, it is that it isn't good when compared to the rest. When I first saw season 1 it was great, but then after I rewatched it a few weeks ago I thought it wasn't anywhere near as good as the rest of the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X