Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the person who should have been invited to Atlantis..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the person who should have been invited to Atlantis..

The Cadet that was as smart as Carter in season 4. She would have been 4 years older. Its kinda stupid that we never heard about her since that esp. She was one of the keys to the future of the SGC.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s4/graphics/419_03.jpg

Thats where the picture of her is.
    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
    I miss you.
    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Cadet Hailey. She actually isn't universally popular in SG fandom, for reasons I don't really understand. Don't really care, either. I kinda liked her.

Jonas is another natural addition to the A-team.

Comment

I actually rather liked Cadet/Lt.Jennifer Hailey,possibly because Elisabeth Rosen played her so well.
      I think some fans saw her as too insubordinate/unruly/cocky to make it through the AF training disciplines,and also they doubted her physical fitness and lack of height ,if she'd been in a RL Unit.
      I saw her as willing to adapt,plucky and incredibly intelligent.I see no problem with the idea of her ever joining the SG-A Cast,should their PTB decide to include her later.

I always thought that after "Prodigy" and then "Proving Ground",that we'd see more of Hailey,but nada so far .

Ah,Jonas ! He'd have been my choice too,Shadow .
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 April 2005, 11:52 PM. Reason: Oy ! Edited to remove excessive use of punctuation.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
        I actually rather liked Cadet/Lt.Jennifer Hailey,possibly because Elisabeth Rosen played her so well.
        I think some fans saw her as too insubordinate/unruly/cocky to make it through the AF training disciplines,and also they doubted her physical fitness and lack of height ,if she'd been in a RL Unit!
        Just for the record, I know several people who attended the Air Force Academy and one of them told me the reason he dislikes Hailey is because he knew too many people like that IRL there and thought it was dead on.

I've know a few Westies like her too. As for physical fitness, that has nothing to do with height. The best I can think of is that she's not going to be in the air force honor guard

Comment

You guys keep forgetting the thing that is holding her back....SHE IS A CADET!

I think Jonas should have gone, but he is still tied down to Kewloona as the nuetral 4th memeber of the triad council on his planet. His character is so great!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
            You guys keep forgetting the thing that is holding her back....SHE IS A CADET!
            She was a cadet in season 4, she was a second lieutenant in season 5. If she went through minimum time in grade there is a good chance she's a First Lieutenant by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              Just for the record, I know several people who attended the Air Force Academy and one of them told me the reason he dislikes Hailey is because he knew too many people like that IRL there and thought it was dead on.
              If the portrayal was realistic,then that's the main thing .

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              I've know a few Westies like her too. As for physical fitness, that has nothing to do with height. The best I can think of is that she's not going to be in the air force honor guard
              Westies ?
              (Sorry,I'm from Scotland and all I can think of is West Highland Terriers ! )
              I like Hailey and her height wasn't relevant to me either . She did have a go at the other cadet in "Prodigy".

I have to admit,she'd need a very big box,or mini-stilts to qualify for the AF Honor Guard ....

Comment

Westies- I'm guessing West Point cadets/graduates. Big military school here in the US.

Are there really height requirements? My dad said the military liked short people because they fit in subs and jets better. But he could have just been saying that to make me feel better...

I can say that in the Navy, at least, they don't care. I almost joined, once, and I'm only 5'1".

Comment

Sorry, cadets at the United States Military Academy at West Point. Many of whom can resemble annoying terriers

And yes, subs, jets, and back in the day cavalry. Specifically in the air force shorter pilots handle the g-load in high performance aircraft better. It's one of the arguements in favor of women because the center of gravity is signifcantly lower.

Might also apply to tanks but my understanding of armored troops is not as good as it could be.

Comment

Do'h ! Thanks for clarifying that,Shadow and Major Fischer .
                    (Although the WH Terriers are hardy little critters,I think you are spot on ! )
                    I don't know if there's a height req in the US Military .
                    In the UK there used to be req ,but it's so long since I gave up my attempts to join the RAF,that I'll have to look up that info .
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 April 2005, 11:53 PM. Reason: Removal of "!" overuse....darn anti-histamines.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                      She did have a go at the other cadet in "Prodigy".
                      My understanding was that in the original script they had her go Absent without Leave, for which she would have been expelled, and the military adviser had them change it to assault.

Comment

AWOL is the more serious charge. Gen.Kerrigan gave her another chance to prove herself after the assault ,but he couldn't have done that if she'd gone AWOL ! (Or at least,not easily ,IMO)
                        I can't remember the exact wording of the scenes,but he made it very clear,that if she didn't prove herself to Carter,that she was out of the Academy .

Comment

Yea, she has to stop breaking people's noses, then she can do more gate travel.

I still think it would be cool for a young SG team, compossed of Hailey, Cassandra and two guys, to be an SG-Team.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I loathe, with every fibre of my being, the idea of a young/teenage SG team. It repulses me completely. I don't mind having the yungsters scattered on teams, but SG-1 Junior? Absolutely NOT...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              I loathe, with every fibre of my being, the idea of a young/teenage SG team. It repulses me completely. I don't mind having the yungsters scattered on teams, but SG-1 Junior? Absolutely NOT...
                              Hailey has to be in the midtwenties, and Cassandra 19, not that I'm advocating the idea, it's not a good one, just pointing it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X