You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    When you think the crocheted Adipose babies that a couple of lady friends made for you look far superior to the official ones being sold.

What official ones? Did tey finally come to their senses and realise everyone wants an adipose baby? LOL
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      What official ones? Did tey finally come to their senses and realise everyone wants an adipose baby? LOL
      Well, I just had a quick look at the Forbidden Planet website and it appears that they're out of stock at the moment.

But there's one going on e-bay for £31...
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by sillyscipia View Post
        When your mother starts crocheting you Daleks out of yarn for Christmas. (She didn't finish it on time, but she started it!)
        awe!! i want one!
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

- when you put a cutout of the TARDIS on your "galaxy" laptop skin (it looked good, too!)
          - when you knit Converse slippers (well, they're in the process)
          - when you make a seal of Rassilon T-shirt (coming soon to crafty_tardis on LJ)
          - when you know what "Teaspoon" refers to
          - when you know what "crafty_tardis" is
          - when your little sister gets you a shirt for Christmas with a picture of Ten and the caption "Future Mrs. Who?"
          - when you carry your sonic screwdriver around with you "because you need a pen." (yeah, right)
          - when you get to go to London and you're trying to find some way to break away from your group so you can run across Westminster bridge (I was SO CLOSE!)
          - when you see the London Eye and know it's really being used as a transmitter for Autons
          - when you curse the BBC for having so much content on their website that's only available to people in the UK (it's rather difficult being an American and liking a British show)
          - when you go a little shopping-crazy in England just because you can't get those things in America (I have a Judoon mug, TARDIS puzzle cube, sonic screwdriver, and Rose action figure because I went into a shop that had some. And if my budget would have allowed it, I'd have bought a lot more)
          Kate

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Carter View Post
            - when you curse the BBC for having so much content on their website that's only available to people in the UK (it's rather difficult being an American and liking a British show)
            I know how you feel about that

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Carter View Post
              - when you carry your sonic screwdriver around with you "because you need a pen." (yeah, right)
              You wanna be careful with that. A buddy of mine very nearly got the "rubber glove treatment" off an overzealous airport security guard who didn't have a clue what it was.

- when you see the London Eye and know it's really being used as a transmitter for Autons
              Or if you watch Dead Ringers, it's really an interstitial time helix used by the Sontarans.

And now you know how us Brits who're fans of US shows feel.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

does having all the books on the show count. i'm australian and most of our shows ar ether from the Americans or from the british
                Last edited by gateship15; 02 January 2009, 03:36 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                  does having all the books on the show count.
                  I'd say so, yes.

Actually, just on the strength of the two new Who novels I bought myself for Christmas - "Peacemaker" by Jim Swallow, and "The Story of Martha" by Dan Abnett et al - I've ordered all the Ninth Doctor novels from Waterstones, and I'm currently waiting for them to arrive.
                  sigpic

Comment

Peacemaker is a really good book, it was one of the first Who books that I got and it made me want to buy more. I also want to read The Story of Martha but have to wait until funds become available

Comment

Have you read Jim Swallow's Stargate Atlantis novel, "Halcyon"?

It's brilliant!

At one point, Carson Beckett head butts a Wraith, then has a bit of a What-the-HELL-did-I-do-that-for? moment.
                      sigpic

Comment

I want to get Ancestor cell, to find out about the living tardises.....

Loved the deleted scene where Our Doc gives the cloned Doctor a piece of TARDIS to make his own.

Thing is Unless they accelerated its growth like Donna had suggested it would have become a TARDIS long after he and Rose are dead.

So in some ways TARDIS are much like Moya.... A living ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          So in some ways TARDIS are much like Moya.... A living ship.
                          Doctor Who meets Farscape? Hmmm - now there's an idea...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Doctor Who meets Farscape? Hmmm - now there's an idea...

Well you need a piec of TARDIS coral to grow a new one. And that looked organic... And when Moya was first born I bet most of her was organic.

Comment

you can't stop laughing while watching TV and you hear characters say they have 'Tom Baker' and 'Sara Jane' as fake IDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                                you can't stop laughing while watching TV and you hear characters say they have 'Tom Baker' and 'Sara Jane' as fake IDs.
                                Leverage That scene was hilarious!
                                Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Working...
                                X