No announcement yet.

You Know You're a Whovian When...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think of the Tenth doctor dancing in the Tardis every time you see that damned advert for credit cards or whatever the hell they're selling, with the mucic for "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick" in the background
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

...You say to your 12 year old daughter "Yes I know you're too old to watch CBeebies, but you're never too old for a bedtime story" and "Yes he is nice that American man that's telling them" and "Yes I think he was in Dr Who" and "No honestly that's not the reason Mum's making you watch CBeebies" because John Barrowman is telling stories on kids TV

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        ...You say to your 12 year old daughter "Yes I know you're too old to watch CBeebies, but you're never too old for a bedtime story" and "Yes he is nice that American man that's telling them" and "Yes I think he was in Dr Who" and "No honestly that's not the reason Mum's making you watch CBeebies" because John Barrowman is telling stories on kids TV
        lmao!
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I'm going to miss most of them anyway because I'm working. Chris Ecclestone did tell Bedtime Stories on CBeebies too

Comment

... You have knitted your husband a full-length trailing-on-the-floor Doctor Who scarf.
            ... You then knitted yourself a full-length trailing-on-the-floor Doctor Who scarf because your husband was sick of you stealing the one you knitted for him.
            ... You have run or co-run a Doctor Who marathon. (CatGoddess points to her husband )

And a Doctor Who moment that happened to me today: I did some grocery shopping, and when I checked out, I noticed that the cashier's name was Nyssa. I refrained from asking her if her parents were Whovians. I figured she probably gets that question enough...
            I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Yay another mad knitter

Comment

When your ringtone is the Doctor Who themetune. Not the TARDIS one the actual credits one.
                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                LOVE HIM-> DT
                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

when you scour the internet for clues to fill in the gaps in the show's history, even if the show was never consistent in that respect.

Comment

...four of the children in your class come in with cuts on their hands and you start checking for signs of gas masks.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

...you call your dog K-9.
                      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Your Doctor Who DVD collection grows from the CE boxset and Paul McGann grows to the Paul McGann movie, CE boxset and 17 Classic DVDs within 2 months.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

...the whole half human thing in the Paul McGann movie has you screaming 'DO NOT BLASPHEME!' at the telly.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                            ...the whole half human thing in the Paul McGann movie has you screaming 'DO NOT BLASPHEME!' at the telly.
                            Or screaming at other fans "ITS FRICKIN CANON!"

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You are working with a screw driver, and wish it were more "sonic"
                              You become scared of Wisks, Plungers and pepperpots (put them together and you have a dalek)
                              You try to sucker your self with a plunger and claim you are suvived a dalek attack
                              You become scared of shop manikins
                              You write a page long argument that the doctor is/ isnt in love with rose
                              You make a big graph of all the doctors and there compainions (did this last night)
                              Hola

Hello

Comment

You have the episode transripts of every episode to date, video tape the eps as they air (as I am american) and are still going to buy the DVDs
                                You have plastered the Doctor around on everything
                                you and your sister/brother/ fellow Whovian can resite an episode, the whoe thing.
                                Spoiler:
                                Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                                I caught frogs and called them prince
                                And made myself a queen
                                Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                                I slept in castles and fell in love
                                Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                                To capture tinkerbell
                                They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                                But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                                And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                                And anything I can to get by
                                And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                                X