• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes sense.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

After skimming through the thread, I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I didn't really like these episodes.

The good? The Kull warriors are possibly the creepiest bad guys I've seen so far, suit on or not. I kept getting that feeling of dread that I would in a horror movie when you know one of the characters is screwed because there is no way they could escape or fight whoever is after them. All the way up to when one of them broke into their escape ship and looked like he was about to shoot Carter (which I was surprised he didn't do, but then she'd be inconveniently dead), I was not so silently freaking out.

The army bowing to Anubis and the escape sequence after was also pretty cool.

But that's about it for me. The entire kidnapping story made me cringe so much. Any native Spanish speaker can correct me, but I couldn't get past how American/Canadian the rebels sounded, not to mention that I'm not sure strangers would be speaking informally to one another there. (Also speaking English to one another all the time lol. I think subtitled Spanish would have been more believable, at least.)

And I'll just leave the most cringeworthy line here...

Native Spanish-speaking guy who has somehow survived for days lying on the ground after being shot with no food or water:

"I love American gum." (Cue big 'ole grin) "Good guys."
      Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 22 July 2015, 09:56 PM.
      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

e
        Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
        After skimming through the thread, I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I didn't really like these episodes.

The good? The Kull warriors are possibly the creepiest bad guys I've seen so far, suit on or not. I kept getting that feeling of dread that I would in a horror movie when you know one of the characters is screwed because there is no way they could escape or fight whoever is after them. All the way up to when one of them broke into their escape ship and looked like he was about to shoot Carter (which I was surprised he didn't do, but then she'd be inconveniently dead), I was not so silently freaking out.

The army bowing to Anubis and the escape sequence after was also pretty cool.

But that's about it for me. The entire kidnapping story made me cringe so much. Any native Spanish speaker can correct me, but I couldn't get past how American/Canadian the rebels sounded, not to mention that I'm not sure strangers would be speaking informally to one another there. (Also speaking English to one another all the time lol. I think subtitled Spanish would have been more believable, at least.)

And I'll just leave the most cringeworthy line here...

Native Spanish-speaking guy who has somehow survived for days lying on the ground after being shot with no food or water:

"I love American gum." (Cue big 'ole grin) "Good guys."
        I 100% agree.

The Kull part of the story was great - although the whole running in slow motion every time was overdone.

And wasn't it foolish of Jacob to take off the armour so soon into the mission. Obviously he didn't need it but in a "real life" mission wouldn't a soldier keep the disguise, and indestructible armour, on him?

And can SG-1 directors not handle action scenes with multiple characters? The Kull walks up to Carter and smacks her. No one else attempts to intervene - they just let her get her get hit. And the scene was just slow. It happens a lot in the show - the actions never involve multiple characters diving in to the action with each other or coming to the aid of a team mate when they collapse or are injured.

With the exception of Burke (Enrico Colantoni is always awesome of course), the entire story was woeful. Jackson resisting torture to make him more heroic than Lee was a silly idea - Daniel breaking would have been more interesting.

And the guide lying in the jungle for days with a gunshot wound? No infection? No fever? The guy was just lying there like he was sun bathing? Woeful.

Comment

Lot of action and it's not my world when there are parallel plots and they jump back and fro. While reading - yes, while watching tv - no.
          Creepy Kulls, heroic Jackson, loser Lee and a hero and and and...too much for me.
          Oh, forgot - some story from the past.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Mmm... looks like I feel different about my this rewatch than I did last time I watched it cause I'm not as impressed with the episode now as I was then apparently.

I definitely prefer the first half now, than I do the second half.

I still think the galaxy is royally screwed with Anubis having these supersoldiers in as many a quantity as he has, but I felt a little underwhelmed with the way Carter, Teal'c and Jacob react to the revelation of seeing all those warriors bowing down to their master, the great Lord Anubis.

It's like, "Oh well, that sucks that there are this many. But what can we do?"... just felt off.

In the meanwhile, Daniel and Bill are subject to some good old fashioned torture to spill the beans on the ancient device and one crazy guerilla leader putting its power accidently to the test.
            Jack coming to Daniel's rescue seemed a given, and is okay too.

How would you rate SG-1's "Evolution, Part 2"?

Excellent
            Good
            Fair -- It's not bad, but it didn't quite engage me as much as the first part did so I'm given it a fair instead.
            Poor
            Terrible

-----------EDIT---------------

3-episode quiz: Evolution II, Grace & Fallout

Jigsaw puzzle: Evolution, part II
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 13 August 2019, 02:12 PM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw.

Comment

The whole Daniel and Dr. Lee in the Amazon is rather pointless. I will never understand why he was partenered with Daniel. Equally pointless is Jack with yet another military past friends. Haven't we done this before? Same with the Telchak device which is basically a sarcophagus. The saving grace is the lurking on Anubis' base. I quite like that and learning about more of the Kul warriors and how Anubis thought of them. Fair and 7:01
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

13:17
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

09:11 -- nope, not a cry for help.

Comment

I liked more the first part but also this one was not bad. It had good moments. I liked scenes on Anubis's base and that Jacob was helping SG1. He should have been there more often. Siler was funny and also Teal'c and his Pride
                    I just don't understand how is it possoble that the guide could have survibed in the jungle so long without water.
                    (And I can not forget on shipper moments with Sam and Jack )

Comment

Working...
                    X