Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Major General

Default Re: Evolution, Part 2 (712)

They never explained what happened.. Nor did they mention what happened to the other kulls...
    Though who knows/ Maybe the suit he wore was the one that was worn by Vala later..

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    They never explained what happened.. Nor did they mention what happened to the other kulls...
    Though who knows/ Maybe the suit he wore was the one that was worn by Vala later..
    That's a bit of a shame, they didn't follow up on the armor and the other Kull's. I noticed in the Vala episode too - They probably sent it to area 51, and maybe still working on it?

Liked both episode. I got a Vader vibe when they removed the helmet. The only thing I didn't like was the super solider decking Sam instead of shooting her. Also didn't like how no one died while being shot at in a enclosed space at near point blank range.

The suits were cool. Army guy was cool in a wacky way. I hope he shows up again but if not oh well.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

So, Anubis has a whole army of these Kull warriors. How screwed does that make us... very, I'd say. I at least expected Carter to say as much when they look down upon the many, many warrior bowing down to their lord and master.

They at least manage to destroy the queen bee, no more little goa'ulds for Anubis to print with evil thoughts.

All the while Daniel and Lee are having plenty of fun high up the mountain, being tortured for information. You just know Lee will spill his guts in the blink of an eye.

But, if the rebels left the device on while they were chasing down their captives turned runners, wouldn't it have revived those dead guys lying in the grass? Or were they too far away from the device? Or exposed not long enough perhaps?
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Major

I'd think they were outside the range of the object (possibly because they were outside and it was inside). That makes sense to me since only the leader, who was in the building with it all the time, went crazy from exposure.

I'm not sure they could've turned it off if they'd wanted to.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Makes sense.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

After skimming through the thread, I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I didn't really like these episodes.

The good? The Kull warriors are possibly the creepiest bad guys I've seen so far, suit on or not. I kept getting that feeling of dread that I would in a horror movie when you know one of the characters is screwed because there is no way they could escape or fight whoever is after them. All the way up to when one of them broke into their escape ship and looked like he was about to shoot Carter (which I was surprised he didn't do, but then she'd be inconveniently dead), I was not so silently freaking out.

The army bowing to Anubis and the escape sequence after was also pretty cool.

But that's about it for me. The entire kidnapping story made me cringe so much. Any native Spanish speaker can correct me, but I couldn't get past how American/Canadian the rebels sounded, not to mention that I'm not sure strangers would be speaking informally to one another there. (Also speaking English to one another all the time lol. I think subtitled Spanish would have been more believable, at least.)

And I'll just leave the most cringeworthy line here...

Native Spanish-speaking guy who has somehow survived for days lying on the ground after being shot with no food or water:

"I love American gum." (Cue big 'ole grin) "Good guys."
    Last edited by Janet Fraiser; July 22nd, 2015 at 09:56 PM.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Chief Master Sergeant

e
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    After skimming through the thread, I feel like I'm in the minority when I say I didn't really like these episodes.

The good? The Kull warriors are possibly the creepiest bad guys I've seen so far, suit on or not. I kept getting that feeling of dread that I would in a horror movie when you know one of the characters is screwed because there is no way they could escape or fight whoever is after them. All the way up to when one of them broke into their escape ship and looked like he was about to shoot Carter (which I was surprised he didn't do, but then she'd be inconveniently dead), I was not so silently freaking out.

The army bowing to Anubis and the escape sequence after was also pretty cool.

But that's about it for me. The entire kidnapping story made me cringe so much. Any native Spanish speaker can correct me, but I couldn't get past how American/Canadian the rebels sounded, not to mention that I'm not sure strangers would be speaking informally to one another there. (Also speaking English to one another all the time lol. I think subtitled Spanish would have been more believable, at least.)

And I'll just leave the most cringeworthy line here...

Native Spanish-speaking guy who has somehow survived for days lying on the ground after being shot with no food or water:

"I love American gum." (Cue big 'ole grin) "Good guys."
    I 100% agree.

The Kull part of the story was great - although the whole running in slow motion every time was overdone.

And wasn't it foolish of Jacob to take off the armour so soon into the mission. Obviously he didn't need it but in a "real life" mission wouldn't a soldier keep the disguise, and indestructible armour, on him?

And can SG-1 directors not handle action scenes with multiple characters? The Kull walks up to Carter and smacks her. No one else attempts to intervene - they just let her get her get hit. And the scene was just slow. It happens a lot in the show - the actions never involve multiple characters diving in to the action with each other or coming to the aid of a team mate when they collapse or are injured.

With the exception of Burke (Enrico Colantoni is always awesome of course), the entire story was woeful. Jackson resisting torture to make him more heroic than Lee was a silly idea - Daniel breaking would have been more interesting.

And the guide lying in the jungle for days with a gunshot wound? No infection? No fever? The guy was just lying there like he was sun bathing? Woeful.

Lot of action and it's not my world when there are parallel plots and they jump back and fro. While reading - yes, while watching tv - no.
    Creepy Kulls, heroic Jackson, loser Lee and a hero and and and...too much for me.
    Oh, forgot - some story from the past.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Mmm... looks like I feel different about my this rewatch than I did last time I watched it cause I'm not as impressed with the episode now as I was then apparently.

I definitely prefer the first half now, than I do the second half.

I still think the galaxy is royally screwed with Anubis having these supersoldiers in as many a quantity as he has, but I felt a little underwhelmed with the way Carter, Teal'c and Jacob react to the revelation of seeing all those warriors bowing down to their master, the great Lord Anubis.

It's like, "Oh well, that sucks that there are this many. But what can we do?"... just felt off.

In the meanwhile, Daniel and Bill are subject to some good old fashioned torture to spill the beans on the ancient device and one crazy guerilla leader putting its power accidently to the test.
    Jack coming to Daniel's rescue seemed a given, and is okay too.

How would you rate SG-1's "Evolution, Part 2"?

Excellent
    Good
    Fair -- It's not bad, but it didn't quite engage me as much as the first part did so I'm given it a fair instead.
    Poor
    Terrible

-----------EDIT---------------

3-episode quiz: Evolution II, Grace & Fallout

Jigsaw puzzle: Evolution, part II
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; August 13th, 2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

The whole Daniel and Dr. Lee in the Amazon is rather pointless. I will never understand why he was partenered with Daniel. Equally pointless is Jack with yet another military past friends. Haven't we done this before? Same with the Telchak device which is basically a sarcophagus. The saving grace is the lurking on Anubis' base. I quite like that and learning about more of the Kul warriors and how Anubis thought of them. Fair and 7:01
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

13:17

09:11 -- nope, not a cry for help.