No announcement yet.

Evolution, Part 2 (712)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did SG1 get the captured super soldier into the SGC?

Comment

Tuesday night, another ep of SG1...

1. Stupid dodgy geezers.

2. Burke was an interesting enough character.

3. The Kull warriors as we started to call them looked more invincible than ever. At this point you had to get up very early to catch them.

4. I'm sure there had already been a fanfic done with Thoth...the fanfic character lasted a bit longer than this guy.

Decent enough ep and decent enough two parter.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Didn't like part 2 as much as 1. But it was still better than most eps this season.

We have an army of super soldiers on our hands. But at least Anubis can't make anymore now.

Pretty cool having a zombie in Stargate.
        sigpic

Comment

Good conclusion to the 2 parter. This is fond for me because it was 1st second half premiere I saw. I still remember looking at the caps after it aired in the U.K. Then actually seeing it on SciFi.

I thought Burke was a fun character. And Jack had a good amount of back story added to him in this one.

The 2 sequences I loved where the one with all of the Kull Warriors walking in. And the one where the Kull warrior is beamed out of the cargo ship.

Tomorrow, the Prometheus is back and Sam sees hallucinations.
          sigpic

Comment

I forgot how entertaining this two parter was.

There was so much going on with Daniel and Dr Lee in dire straits in Honduras. Sam, Teal'c and Co discovering the extent of Abubis' plans for galactic domination. Quite interesting how many of Anubis' ideas seemed to come from what he got from Jonas' mind as well as the Ancient knowledge he has.

Loved how the threat of Anubis was built up from this point onwards in this season to give the best season ender of the series for me with Lost City.

Comment

My LiveJournal post

More Bra'tac epicocity* near the end of this ep, with the ring transporter and the Kull Warrior.

*That word was coined by a friend of mine on another forum. I though it fit.
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

"Man, you guys are into some crazy crap." Burke, blowing a bubble while firing a huge (I don't even know what that was) gun at a ZOMBIE. I like it. Burke was great.

Noticing Anubis has a habit of shooting his research scientists - no wonder he has chase tablets all around to scavenge technology :0

Comment

This is the exact opposite of Part I. I find the Daniel story more interesting to watch the Kul warrior stuff. Rafeal is not as ruthless as a Goa'uld but his torture was kind of graphic as he tortures Daniel that I really grew to hate him especially after he turned the Tel'chak device. Creating a new character out of Jack's past seems unneccessary. They could have easily picked someone already established who has been blacklisted. It just seems unneccessary especially since we never see the guy again. The strategtic impossibility of the Kul warriors base being so easy for SG1 to infilitrate bothers me. It was too easy for me. However, I thought it was an interesting idea to use the Egeria from Cure to mimic and creat the symbiotes
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Rafael was a great bad guy....I did like Burke, but I think that was because I enjoyed the performance by the actor more than the backstory of him and O'Neill...I'd also almost forgotten how much more serious a character Dr Lee was at the start of his SG-1 performances and not the "comedy side-kick" he became from S.8 onwards...

Deeds xx
                    Last edited by discodiva; 20 February 2012, 12:48 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Not as good as part one, but still a good ep - Enjoyed Jackson and Lee, but the story felt a bit weak, i liked the Jacob-part but what happened to the Kull armor? And the Jack-part was also good

Comment

They never explained what happened.. Nor did they mention what happened to the other kulls...
                        Though who knows/ Maybe the suit he wore was the one that was worn by Vala later..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          They never explained what happened.. Nor did they mention what happened to the other kulls...
                          Though who knows/ Maybe the suit he wore was the one that was worn by Vala later..
                          That's a bit of a shame, they didn't follow up on the armor and the other Kull's. I noticed in the Vala episode too - They probably sent it to area 51, and maybe still working on it?

Comment

Liked both episode. I got a Vader vibe when they removed the helmet. The only thing I didn't like was the super solider decking Sam instead of shooting her. Also didn't like how no one died while being shot at in a enclosed space at near point blank range.

The suits were cool. Army guy was cool in a wacky way. I hope he shows up again but if not oh well.

Comment

So, Anubis has a whole army of these Kull warriors. How screwed does that make us... very, I'd say. I at least expected Carter to say as much when they look down upon the many, many warrior bowing down to their lord and master.

They at least manage to destroy the queen bee, no more little goa'ulds for Anubis to print with evil thoughts.

All the while Daniel and Lee are having plenty of fun high up the mountain, being tortured for information. You just know Lee will spill his guts in the blink of an eye.

But, if the rebels left the device on while they were chasing down their captives turned runners, wouldn't it have revived those dead guys lying in the grass? Or were they too far away from the device? Or exposed not long enough perhaps?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'd think they were outside the range of the object (possibly because they were outside and it was inside). That makes sense to me since only the leader, who was in the building with it all the time, went crazy from exposure.

I'm not sure they could've turned it off if they'd wanted to.

Seaboe
                                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Working...
                                X