Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Evolution, Part 2 (712)

Quote Originally Posted by THE BIG UNIT
    I Noticed Something while watching the Evolution 2 Parter Recently, the way Bra'tac Got rid the The Super Soldier was the Same way Sam Captured the Soldier. i have seen these Episodes more than a couple of times but that was the first time i noticed it, weird. Ithought the Episode was Great (well both actually). The Tartarus Sets and Special effects were really well done, and i can never get enough of the Sam and Jacob Pairing.

No matter how many times you watch it, every time it seems different and you always seem to spot something you hadn't before. Weird really. This goes with all shows, not just Stargate.

like nirti hot !!!!!!!!!!! goa'uld
    mmm
    Lord Zedd

I think they had too much stuff going on in this ep. The whole Super Soldier thing with Sam, Bra'tac and Teal'c. Daniel and Dr. Lee kidnapped. Then the Jack/Burke dynamic going on. Too much.

My favorite line was Daniel saying: "Found one." ROTFL!

I liked the humor in it and the scenes at the end with Jack, Burke and Daniel talking about the device and its capabilities. However, I'm also all for Daniel running around the jungle in a sleeveless shirt all dirty and sweaty.

Lisa Michelle

I saw "Evolution Part II" last night, and I got really mad that they used Thoth as a Goa'uld. He was one of my favorite egyptian gods. He also took the form of Hermes, and taught mankind to write down their history. Him being a Goa'uld doesn't sit well with me.

Burke sort of reminded me of Maybourne in a way by his actions but they were better intentions than Maybourne.

Quote Originally Posted by aschen
    I saw "Evolution Part II" last night, and I got really mad that they used Thoth as a Goa'uld. He was one of my favorite egyptian gods. He also took the form of Hermes, and taught mankind to write down their history. Him being a Goa'uld doesn't sit well with me.
    Maybe that is why Anubis (or was Apophis) went to war and killed him but never finding the box.

I loved the Evolution episodes, simply because of the whole kid nap and South America storyline, that was really enjoyable, and the locations looked great.

The super soldiers were just a bonus, I like the fact these episodes opened up so many new storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler
    I loved the Evolution episodes, simply because of the whole kid nap and South America storyline, that was really enjoyable, and the locations looked great.
    Same here. I didn't really pay all that much attention to the other story-lines going on, except for the super-soldier one which I found to be pretty interesting. I was a bit distracted by Daniel...

Anyways...

Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
    Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

I liked this ep. The waterfall was great! especially for CG.

I enjoyed the Evolution episodes. I really enjoy any episode that has Sam/Jacob. I also liked the ah ha moment when they realized how many super-soldiers Anubis had created. The Jack/Burke scenes were great as well. Burke's role was similiar to that of Mayborne, but with better intentions.

Great conclusion to Evolution to part I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a stargate moment

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle
    I think they had too much stuff going on in this ep. The whole Super Soldier thing with Sam, Bra'tac and Teal'c. Daniel and Dr. Lee kidnapped. Then the Jack/Burke dynamic going on. Too much.
    Actually, this is something I liked about it. Even though the whole team wasn't together, they were all doing something useful and we got to see all the stories.

One thing, when Daniel was first telling the kidnapper that he should just release them, that he had no idea who he was really dealing with, I thought something big was gonna happen. Like Jack showing up over the camp in the Scout Ship, or Oma Desala appearing and causing the kidnappers to flee, etc.

Second Lieutenant ApophisOfTheStargateRealm's Avatar

it seems like it would have been easier for daniel and the other guy to escape...i mean daniel has escaped capture from Goa'uld before and stuff...lol...well i guess he did in the end...
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

Arrow1 Re: Evolution, Part 2 (712)

This was the best scene of the entire season. (I dare you to find a better one)

Spoiler:

This was an excellent conclusion to the first part. I liked how the team was split up into groups, but, in a way, they were still working together. The jungle locations were fun to see and I liked the guide Daniel had and the one Jack had too.

The end with all the super soldiers was really cool and it's good they leave it up in the air so that we have to wait and see what's going to happen; almost like it's a 3 parter. Oh, and enjoyed the last line, "Lunch?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dramaqueen View Post
    Yeah, he so was. I love the "You guys are into some crazy crap, man" and the "It's crazy" line. LOL
    Yeh, Burke was a great character! I loved the last couple of scenes with him, Jack, Daniel and Dr. Lee, especially when they were talking about whether the artifact was still 'on' or not, and also the 'dawn of the dead guy' line. They were hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by captain jake View Post
    This was the best scene of the entire season. (I dare you to find a better one)

Spoiler:
    I have to completely agree with you! Watching the soldier get blown away in the air was funny and very cool.
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Two_L's View Post

I have to completely agree with you! Watching the soldier get blown away in the air was funny and very cool.
    That to me showed an inconsistency. If their armor is impervious to energy (eve n shields), then how can they be beamed?

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    That to me showed an inconsistency. If their armor is impervious to energy (eve n shields), then how can they be beamed?
    I think the theory behind the ring/beam is similar to the Stargate in which particles of a matter is broken down and then regenerated. If the super soldiers could not be beamed I don't think they could go through the Stargate either.

Maruxs writes: “1) What’s the difference between directing SG1+SGA and SGU??2) Can you describe how did you get your job (as director and writer) on Stargate??3) Which one of your scripts is in your opinion the best?”

PDL: [...] ) I really like Evolution Part 2 because of the Burke character and O’Neill back story.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/

Yeah Burke was a cool character "what's with the guy from Evil Dead?" and it was nice to learn a little more about O'Neill's past. Another one for the 'shame we never saw them again' list I guess.

there is a first for everything...never thought i would but yes, this episode got me to write a post here ;-)
    i know i am maybe 5 years late but i just recently started watching stargate (for the first time...) and still have to catch up with the episodes.
    lots of stuff ist still new to me so forgive me if i am aksing old/boring questions.

i enjoyed both evolution 1 and 2 and liked that there were 2 totaly different stories going on and a lot of emotional stuff between jack and burke.
    but...i was - at least a little - disappointed about the torturing.
    i mean both daniel and lee get tortured. brutally. and then there is almost no blood? no bruises? no gashes? hello?
    after such an ordeal you would assume the body to be a bloody bruised mess.
    but there was only a tiny bit of blood on daniel`s face.
    no blood on their (remarkably white) shirts, nor daniel`s pants.
    and his face...well...he looked more like a guy who has been on a 2-day-drinking binge...not like a guy who went through hell.
    why do the main characters never look a little more roughed up? all the side characters and all the bad guys always look worse, have wounds and blood everywhere. i stumbled about that not only in this episode but lots of episodes in both stargate and atlantis so this no-blood-thing is not a "one and only" i guess.

btw: this long haired supposed-to-be-dead rebel was creepy as was this thing inside the black armor *bwah*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast