• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolution, Part 2 (712)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON SEVEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 712

O'Neill seeks help from a former comrade to rescue Daniel and Dr. Lee, who have been kidnapped in Central America. Carter, Teal'c and Jacob infiltrate Anubis' super-soldier facility.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 10:46 PM.

I've just got to say this.. Evolution Part 2 is the weakest 2nd part of any two-part episode I have ever seen. It brought up more new unknowns than it dealt with.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      I've just got to say this.. Evolution Part 2 is the weakest 2nd part of any two-part episode I have ever seen. It brought up more new unknowns than it dealt with.
      which i think may have been the point. to extend the arc of the series.

personally i enjoyed it very much. loved the little attack of the clones "homage". special effects were superb as usual. acting, directing, all fantastic. and burke was fun.

Comment

When they blew up the queen, even though it may have slowed them down, what if they took the queen with them?
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I don't think they'd of done this. Just quicker to blow it up
          __

__

Comment

Well of course it would be quicker , i'm saying, what if their intentions were not to kill it, and bring it with them, although it may have been completely irrelavent, but to find out who the queen was.

Comment

The only way to find out who the queen was would be to implant her/it in someone... are you volunteering?

Otherwise there is no reason to bring it with them she'd be a potential danger to carry uncontained and it would be too cumbersome to take the whole tank with them.

I just don't see any benifit in trying to take the queen with them.
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                The only way to find out who the queen was would be to implant her/it in someone... are you volunteering?

Otherwise there is no reason to bring it with them she'd be a potential danger to carry uncontained and it would be too cumbersome to take the whole tank with them.

I just don't see any benifit in trying to take the queen with them.
                Oh yes, lets put the 'unknown' queen inside... a kidnapped, restraint rogue NID agent But your right, i now see there wouldn't be a reason to, unless it would help the research for Tritonan (sp?), but i think the To'kra have it under control at the moment...

Comment

I don't think anyone would volunteer to be implanted with a 'dumb' symbiote
                  __

__

Comment

hahah, unless they were paid alot of money to do it for experimentation, and would get the symbiote removed afterwards.

Comment

You did notice you all sound like big-time Nirrti fans?

"Yeah, let's experiment!"

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                      ~CELLO!~
                      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Can't go wrong with Nirriti. Evil, sly and sexy!
                        __

__

Comment

Go Nirti! I'd love to see them do an Apophis with Nirti!
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                            which i think may have been the point. to extend the arc of the series.

personally i enjoyed it very much. loved the little attack of the clones "homage". special effects were superb as usual. acting, directing, all fantastic. and burke was fun.
                            Maybe it is just me but I somehow expected something that was called a conclusion to, well, conclude at least some of the storyline from the previous episode. Okay, I'll grant that they did get Jackson and Lee out of trouble, but the Kull warrior bits just seemed unfinished to me.
                            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                              Maybe it is just me but I somehow expected something that was called a conclusion to, well, conclude at least some of the storyline from the previous episode. Okay, I'll grant that they did get Jackson and Lee out of trouble, but the Kull warrior bits just seemed unfinished to me.
                              I can definately see where you are coming from it wasn't a conclusive conclusion. It worked as an ending for me, because we know they are going to try to -and hopefully succeed in- devloping a new weapon to defeat the StuporSoldiers.

In the meantime they are a "threat" that lingers over the show for the rest of the season. Just like the search for the lost city lingered over the season, despite it not being mentioned in a majority of the episodes.
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                              X