No announcement yet.

The Caprica speculation/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice to have BSG and Caprica on one night, then SG1 and SGA on another night. I'd end up watching Skiffy more than just Friday nights.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I'll give it a look and may well end up pleasantly surprised, but I have to say that based purely on the article it sounds positively dreadful. And I have the very bad feeling that it will mean for BSG what Atlantis (partly) meant for SG1 - a huge drop in quality and people trying to work on two shows without extra time to do a good job on the original.

But...we'll see.

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I wonder if they'll use the same visual style as Battlestar Galactica, the hand held cameras, the same colour palette, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
          And I have the very bad feeling that it will mean for BSG what Atlantis (partly) meant for SG1 - a huge drop in quality and people trying to work on two shows without extra time to do a good job on the original.
          What are you talking about? Season 7 - during which Atlantis would have first been in production - was great, and Season 8 contained some of the best episodes SG1 has produced! I'd say there was a rise in quality from the point when Atlantis started production.

Although, it could be argued that having two shows can lower the quality in certain circumstances, an example of which being the number of somewhat craptacular Atlantis episodes [i'm looking at you, 'The Tower'! *shakes fist*] possibly due to the increased effort put into SG1 with their S9 shakeup [but should be alleviated by now]. But still, hardly damning evidence, eh?

Regarding Caprica, I for one look forward to it, and hope it'll be liiiiittle bit more light-hearted than what we've already seen out of RDM, thereby allowing him to take BSG into even darker territory, which is something we can all enjoy.
          Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
          Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
          Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
          - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            It would be nice to have BSG and Caprica on one night, then SG1 and SGA on another night. I'd end up watching Skiffy more than just Friday nights.
            I would imagine that is part of the reasoning for moving BSG to October? Not that Caprica would premier this October but Sci-fi would have SG-1 and Atlantis for the Summer and Spring and then BSG and Caprica for the fall and then late spring, early summer after SG-1 ended its season in March. Year round quality programming would look attractive to advertisers!

Comment

Meh...not very happy with the spin-off idea. It could be good, I wasn't exactly cheering for Atlantis and now... but a prequel sort of spin off? I don't know...we saw what happened with Enterprise...

I'd much rather they spent their money in making other new shows who, for all we know might be excellent if given a chance.
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

It's a bad idea. The new BSG is bad enough

Comment

Originally posted by sg1_david
                  It's a bad idea. The new BSG is bad enough
                  Yep its so bad its been a smash with Critics and won loads of awards and has fansite after fansite dedicated to it. And its so bad that it actually gone on longer than the Original has and is continuing to be Sci-Fi's highest rated show.
                  And its also so bad you come on to the Galactica forums, read a thread about the prequel to the new BSG series and post how bad its gonna be?

Comment

So bad that it made AFI's top 10 list, jeez that's bad.

Bad bad bad.....

..wait...?
                    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

After reading David Eick's latest interview is anybody else thinking that the Greystones might be the family that was leading the charge for AI/Cylon development?

Comment

It would make sense, i wonder whether Adama's family will be the ones who are paranoid about computers, might be where the adama himself got the paranioa

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                          I would imagine that is part of the reasoning for moving BSG to October? Not that Caprica would premier this October but Sci-fi would have SG-1 and Atlantis for the Summer and Spring and then BSG and Caprica for the fall and then late spring, early summer after SG-1 ended its season in March. Year round quality programming would look attractive to advertisers!
                          Assuming your supposition is correct, then Sci Fi Channel is looking for the right formula to increase their revenues from advertising and making almost the entire year profitable: in the summer we get Stargate and in the autumn and winter we get Battlestar; so it looks like the Sci Fi's intention is to keep the Stargates, and if this formula they are looking for works.... oh, boy, we would get 4 series a year from Sci Fi, 4 great series.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Zoidberg
                            It would make sense, i wonder whether Adama's family will be the ones who are paranoid about computers, might be where the adama himself got the paranioa
                            I wonder if its not the other way arround.
                            School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                              I wonder if its not the other way arround.
                              You mean Joseph Adama being on the payroll of the corporation behind the cylon technology?

Comment

Which may also explain why bill adama joined the military to stop the cylons

wow such great stroy potential

Comment

Working...
                                X