Little Britain Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Britain Discussion/Appreciation

I was wondering: do many of the UK members of Gateworld watch Little Britain? If you don't, WATCH IT!!! It is a very funny series and I absolutely love it

What's everyone's favourite character/s?
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Great show I really like Andy in the wheelchair and I like the Welsh guy who is 'the only gay in the village'!

Comment

My favourit bits are Anthony Head's slots as PM, and Tom Baker's lovely voice-overs. Vicki Pollard is scary, cos I think I've met several of her clones when Mr W was a teacher in Cr____.

Madeleine

Comment

Haha, there are a fair few people who remind me of Vicky Pollard near where I live.....I can't help but laugh whenever I see them. I must seem crazy to them, lol.

I love Andy and Lou though! Sigh....the new series is very good as well! Bubbles de Vere (sp?) is most amusing
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

we get it on bbc america here.....and i love it.....

the guy 'the only gay in the village' guy i love.....

i heard an interview with the cast on virginradio and they said they were once just a radio show....so i might have to try and dig up some cds or find something on the web.....

they're great.....
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Its one of the shows I look forward to seeing when I come back the house on weekends. I don't get BBC America at the dorm.
            Last edited by FieryHands; 28 October 2004, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Dafid (the only gay in the village) is very funny.
              My favourite sketches have to be the ones involving Vikki. She epitomises half the population of my school...
              Oh, and I love the diet club too. 'Dust? Anybody? Dust? Anybody? Dust.....' If you like Little Britain, try Monkey Dust. Its on BBC 3, normally after LB... some of it's too weird/sick to be funny but a lot of it is hilarious... in a dark and disturbing way...

ETA: Omnian, you're name isn't anything to do with Terry Pratchett and the Discworld, is it?

Comment

OMG! I love it!!! Vicky is soooooooo funny!! !And the fat fighters lady! OMG! It's probably the plain ole funniest thing I've ever watched- its' just very *there* with humour and I love it so much. I try to catch it whenever its on- the two guys are so talkented!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                  ETA: Omnian, you're name isn't anything to do with Terry Pratchett and the Discworld, is it?
                  Haha, I didn't know about it until I'd read the books. I'd been using Omnian for a while before that...damn Terry Pratchett My Omnian's better anyway

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                    I was wondering: do many of the UK members of Gateworld watch Little Britain? If you don't, WATCH IT!!! It is a very funny series and I absolutely love it

What's everyone's favourite character/s?
                    I watch Little Britain often, it's a brilliant satirical depiction of life here at home
                    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                    www.7-scales.co.uk
                    http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

I love this too - 'Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no, but...'

Just out of interest for the Dafydd fans, did you know that there really is a village in Wales called Llanddewi Brefi? (admittedly the writers have altered the spelling slightly to Llandewi Breffi, but nonetheless...).

There were a lot fans going there to be photographed next to the village signs, and this was OK - then someone took things a bit too far and nicked them

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/4312875.stm

Funny old world, innit?

YEEEAAAASSSSS....
                      sigpic

Comment

I love Little Britain Vicky's definately one of my favourites, and Tom Bakers narration is just funny as hell.

Just wondering if anyone else prefers series 1 over series 2? Whilst I still love the 2nd series, I got the feeling it was going for the shock factor more?

Comment

I love Little Britain everything about the show cracks me up, glad to see the show winning another award, same award second year running.....
                          my mom loves it as well. The line still gets me..."I'm the only gay in the village." Vicky is funny Andy is so funny, the way he gets up out of his wheelchair to strech his legs etc, etc, the swimming pool scene was funny!

Torri and/or David commented about how they like/love LB as well.

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

How about the time when Dafydd cancelled his Gay Night at the local pub and stormed out in a huff because lots of people turned up!

I particularly enjoyed the final PM/Sebastian scene in the second series - not because of the snog (though that was funny) but the way that Sebastian yanks the PM away when someone tries to interrupt their 'dance' and he leans over the PM's shoulder and mouths '**** OFF!' like it was a school disco or something.

As for Tom Baker's 'facts' about Britain - the more off the wall they get, the better.

Oh, and Marjorie Dawes is totally evil.
                            sigpic

Comment

My favourite characters are Jason and Gary from the first series. The scene with Jason sucking Gary's nan's feet is just brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                              X