Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Stargate Evolution, Part 1 (711)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    EVOLUTION, PART 1
    EPISODE NUMBER - 711

The team investigates a virtually unstoppable new enemy soldier engineered by Anubis. Dr. Jackson leads a team in search of an alien device in Central America, but gets more than he bargained for.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; May 10th, 2015 at 09:18 PM.

Default Re: Evolution, Part 1 (711)

This episode is the epitome of why I became a Stargate fan. I have always liked how the Sci-Fi stories related to Earth stories. Stories like the Roswell Grays and the fountain of youth myth tied to a Sci-Fi show is a great concept.

This episode was great for one reason. The introduction of the super soldiers

I like this episode... a lot of things exploded.

If kinetic energy can stop a kull worriers... when why didn't the the c4 work?

Correct me if I'm wrong [and I probably am] but doesn't C4 simply explode and release a tremendous amount of energy and a shockwave? Now if they used a couple of modified AP mines...
    Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLancey
    Correct me if I'm wrong [and I probably am] but doesn't C4 simply explode and release a tremendous amount of energy and a shockwave? Now if they used a couple of modified AP mines...

Yes, that's true, but nothing really survives a C4 blast, as its a plastic explosive and is very powerful. The heat from them is enough to kill you, letalone the blast itself.

I liked this episode. nice to see a new enemy warrior, and it makes sense that they would be needed. After all, the standard Jaffa is too easy to kill.

My kids, however, went "YUK!" and fled the room when they saw the post mortem scene. They really don't like that kind of thing.
    Useful to know that when I want a bit of peace and quiet I just have to put the video on!
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBee
    I liked this episode. nice to see a new enemy warrior, and it makes sense that they would be needed. After all, the standard Jaffa is too easy to kill.

I agree. The Jeffa armour is a bit too easy to bypass. It can take a couple of bullets and that's all. A bit pathetic really. Over the seven years of encountering SG-1, I think they'd change. Good that the Kull warriors aren't arfraid of anything.

Part 1 wasnít as good as Part 2, there were good parts, one which I really liked was the capture of the super solider, where they tried the shield, it goes past, tried shooting it that didnít work then they blow the c4 and then long pause and in slow motion it start walking out, very cool

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

I agree. Part 2 had more action and fighting than part one, but I think it was quite an interesting build-up to the second part.

Lol, you agree with everything. Just so you can post more and have a big post count, will you post with my account for a wile, Iím sick of being a Jaffa fodder.

Lol, you agree with everything. Just so you can post more and have a big post count, will you post with my account for a wile, Iím sick of being a Jaffa fodder.

It seems you're now a Jeffa Warrior! lol You get there eventually. I think when I reached 2000 I posted a bit of rubbish, but I've certainly slowed down with my post count now. I have learned that I want to get a least two lines in each of my posts so they have a bit of 'meaning'!

Oh course, make post that take loads of lines, so its not classed as spam, think of something interesting to say, bla bla bla, you should say something different to, I agree, getting annoying, but I didnít realise I was a warrior must have got it when made that post. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicarter
    Oh course, make post that take loads of lines, so its not classed as spam, think of something interesting to say, bla bla bla, you should say something different to, I agree, getting annoying, but I didnít realise I was a warrior must have got it when made that post. Cool.

I think it's when you reach 100 posts when you get promoted then when you reach 200 you're a Super Soldier. I think that's what it is, but I'm not completely certain! I'll lay back on my 'I agree' first expression terms! lol Perhaps start with something a bit more interesting or just start off with what I'm going to say anyhow.

Here are some examples of what you could start with, taken from word synonyms of agree lol: have the same opinion, concur, be in agreement, see eye to eye, be of the same mind, be of the same opinion, consent. I like, i concur.

Here are some examples of what you could start with, taken from word synonyms of agree lol: have the same opinion, concur, be in agreement, see eye to eye, be of the same mind, be of the same opinion, consent. I like, i concur.

Now then, I think you're insisting that I use these new terms! lol Yeah, I have the same opinion I think I'll use some of those from this point!

Yes I am insisting, so now letís end this conversation, because we are in the evolution forum you know. Also, a question, ok I feel really wired asking this, but, I donít think the super soldiers were made to reproduce, yet, they have a pretty big piece of armour to protect there, reproductive areas

Yes I am insisting, so now letís end this conversation, because we are in the evolution forum you know. Also, a question, ok I feel really wired asking this, but, I donít think the super soldiers were made to reproduce, yet, they have a pretty big piece of armour to protect there, reproductive areas

Of course they weren't made to pre-produce, their only objective is to destroy what they have been told to destroy. Like in the epsidoe, Jacob said they are perfect symbiotes because they have no fear and no knowedge so they can be programmed and trained however Anubis feels free to do.

Yea, erm, that wasnít really my question, that was just my backup in case people thought I was being stupid about the armour which covers the lower part.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast