No announcement yet.

Evolution, Part 1 (711)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL. I'm exactly opposite. I liked the parts with Daniel and Dr. Lee and was bored through all the super soldier bits.

The commentary was funny though.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

This was pretty good mid season finale.

I loved that opening to the episode, it was really powerful.

Tomorrow, the conclusion. Will Daniel and Dr. Lee survive? Will our heroes get the solution to our new super solder problem?
      sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post

You know why they call him Master Bra'tac?

For one, because he knows when to duck!!
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

First time round I was totally creeped out by the new 'Supersoldier'. That horrible pale goo covered face with the fish eyes!!! Yuk!

I like revisiting this episode because that Supersoldier is just so wonderful as it strides through everything that is thrown at it without being affected by it at all.

Dr Lee turned out to be one of the most personable of the various scientists for me, and it was good that he became more of a recurring character and turned up in all 3 series'. He's quite adventurous in this episode and has such a matter of fact way of dealing with what happens to him and Daniel when captured by the bad guys.

Comment

I don't like a lot of the S7 episodes. Luckily this is not one of them. The Kul warriors were such an awesome enemy and so fun to fight I am sad they all but disappeared in S8 and onward. I also thought it was a creative idea how they were created. Using a precursor of the sarchopagus to creat the Kul warriors was not something I was expecting on seeing. I think when SG1 was trying to capture warrior was kind of stupid though. The whole we can't shot more then 3 times with a dart seemed stupid from Carter. With the ease of 3 darts inaffecting the Kul warrior it seems obvious more drugs are needed to take him down. The whole surrending to Remius seemeed like space filler because the episode was running short. Thier is really not much to say about the Daniel story as its more prominent in the second half of the two parter except the water rushing in the temple was such a cliche
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Kull Warriors and Dr. Lee

Very good episode indeed

Comment

True,, it was Cliche, but well done.

Comment

Skipped over most of this thread since it seams to talk about part 2 also. I'm sure someone said this before but there was a lot of deathstar vibe in this episode. Red leader, the trench run, and the vent. I'm surprise Sam didn't tell jack to stay on target.

Comment

The similarities were deliberate.

Seaboe
                    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I absolutely love Kull Warriors. fearless and deadly and almost unstoppable.

Comment

And all of a sudden Nicaragua looks suspiciously like British Columbia, odd... I thought it was all jungle.

Anyhow, Daniel and Lee away to Honduras to go find the Fountain of Youth, and then they get kidnapped. Just great!

All the while the other third of SG1 learns once again that plan A never works, and back-up plans are essential to have.

First time we see the supersoldiers. They are awesome and scary, and mostly unstoppable.

That's one armor I'd love to own in replica version.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          That's one armor I'd love to own in replica version.
                          With all the props they sold off i would love to know what one was 'sold for'..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            With all the props they sold off i would love to know what one was 'sold for'..
                            Far out of range of my budget, I imagine.

Comment

I liked the second part better but interesting and exciting plots are developed.
                              No liking for the Kull warriors and no liking for weapons or armory of any kind - wouldn't decorate my flat with them, well, maybe a death chamber.
                              But to each his/her own!!!
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

The sight of the supersoldier still gives me chills. It's just epic armor, and an epic enemy.
                                If it hadn't been flawed by design, they would definitely be unstoppable, but considering the expiration date on the body, for the time being only awesome for short bursts of time. They could lead an assault or a charge, but a long drawn out battle... they'd go down with bodily ailments before the end of it.

I like that we have two stories, and both connected so beautifully. There's SG-1 without Daniel, working with Jacob and Bra'tac to capture a life soldier. While Daniel and Doctor Lee are out in the Honduran jungle looking for a temple build by Telchak, a minor Goa'uld who was defeated a long time ago by Anubis.

Obviously something had to go wrong for both teams. SG-1 gets "captured" while Daniel and Lee are kidnapped for ransom, and end up in Nicaragua.

It's a perfect set up for episode 2 so without further ado...

How would you rate SG-1's "Evolution, Part 1"?

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                                ...no liking for weapons or armory of any kind - wouldn't decorate my flat with them...
                                Swords and daggers -- yes.
                                Medieval armor like chainmail -- yes. (I weave my own chainmail)

But the supersoldier armor would not be for displaying. That would be for wearing to conventions. In this day and age, I'd say the easiest would be to 3D print it but I don't have that kind of cash so I would build it out of foam.

*******EDIT***********

3-episode quiz: Avenger 2.0, Birthright & Evolution I

Jigsaw puzzle: Evolution, part I
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 16 June 2019, 05:38 AM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw.

Comment

Working...
                                X