No announcement yet.

Evolution, Part 1 (711)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the jaffa that got them out of there cell?
    sigpic

Comment

Lol. Good question, I don't think we ever found out.

This was a pretty good ep and the super soldier idea is pretty cool. It also set up the second part really well, with Daniel and Dr. Lee captured and also finding out where the soldier's homeworld is.
      "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
      S/J all the way!
      Big Honkin' Resolution!
      sigpic
      John/Teyla Shipper!
      SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

great episode. daniel and dr.lee are just awesome...and nice to see jacob and bra'tac again. loved the scene where o'neill were telling the jaffa about the false god and..."shouldn't it be easier to convice those guys"? haha...
        sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. The super-soldier created and then given life idea is interesting. Although, I'm just so sick of the Jaffa and the Goa'uld. I hate the Jaffa lanuage and always laugh when I hear it.

Fountain of Youth quest is interesting as well. Like someone said before, it's neat the way Stargate ties in Earth legends, myths, gods etc with aliens.

Comment

Very good episode, with some great acuion, the usual bits of humour and a nice cliffhanger to set up part 2.

Comment

I liked this episode. Nice to see a new strong enemy warrior.

Good to see both Bra'tac and Jacob back and as always some funny moments with Jack. .

Part 2 will be even better .

Rating: 7 / 10

Comment

The beginning of the super soldier.....very creepy without the mask.

Always good to see Daniel in his element [archeology] and I like Dr Lee

Jack is so funny as always.

and then there are Daniel's arms.....*sigh*
                sigpic

Comment

I have re-watched this episode yesterday. I still love this show and the characters. This kull warriors are so cool.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Cool episode, and yeah, the Kull warriors are awesome. Very Darth Vaderish in a way.
                    sigpic

Comment

At the beginning of this episode, Teal'c notes that some of the Jaffa were shot in the back, and Bra'tac says "There was no honor in this fight." I'm really starting to get annoyed with the pseudo-honor that Jaffa seemed to acquire in the more recent seasons, such as not killing another Jaffa to sustain ones own life (Birthright) for instance.

Yet, Teal'c is constantly slaughtering hundreds of Jaffa through the seasons in battle, even ones who retreat? It seems like they wanted to add some depth to the Jaffa that really isn't there.

Comment

Maybe fleeing a fight was seen as cowardly, so they got no honor in death.

Comment

Tuesday night, another ep of SG1...

1. There was certainly enough hype with the Super Soldiers going into this ep.

2. Sure enough, they turned out to be very cool, and at this point they were pretty much invincible.

3. Not sure who came up with the idea of the Latino dodgy geezers, sort of works as a B-plot.

4. Definately liked Jack's exchange with Raimus's Jaffa.

Pretty solid ep.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Terminator and Star Wars… I could melt in a bucket of joy.

Mucho mucho happiness to have Dr. Lee along for the adventure. (I just can't get enough Dr. Lee.) The falling in the hole gag was totally unexpected - very funny.

Oh Anubis cooked up such a great baddie. A golem Darthinator grown in a vat. I really can't ask for more. So exciting to try to catch one.

Did notice that its not an entirely accurate shot. Fortunate for SG1 that most of their enemies couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

Trivia bit: the Toronto Blue Jay jersey on the guy cooking chicken as DJ and Dr. Lee walk into camp.

Comment

Ah, yes, another villain escalation. Can't have the fans get bored by making the enemies realistic now, can we?

Super soldiers are a teensy-weeny, itsy-bitsy bit better than the humanoid replicators, but only just. In some ways, I think the invincible enemies that we keep defeating anyway ruined the show.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Super soldier! I love super soldiers. They are one of the many reasons why I love Stargate. And one of the reasons why I love Anubis.

Great ep. Except I don't really like the parts with Daniel and Dr. Lee as much as the other parts.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X