Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morena Baccarin is Adria (Season Ten SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morena Baccarin is Adria (Season Ten SPOILERS)

Morena Baccarin is Adria

Beware of spoilers for SG-1 Season Ten below.

Stargate SG-1 has its new big-bad for Season Ten. Firefly actress Morena Baccarin has been cast as the adult version of Adria, Vala's daughter who was sired by the evil Ori to lead their bloody crusade in our galaxy.

Read the full story at GateWorld!

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Very cool - I really liked her as Inara in Firefly.
    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I'm a big fan of Firefly, so I'm really excited about this. Morena will be great as Adria. Is it July yet?
      I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

I have to say that I'm excited about this.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
        Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          Morena Baccarin is Adria

Beware of spoilers for SG-1 Season Ten below.

Stargate SG-1 has its new big-bad for Season Ten. Firefly actress Morena Baccarin has been cast as the adult version of Adria, Vala's daughter who was sired by the evil Ori to lead their bloody crusade in our galaxy.

Read the full story at GateWorld!

Ooohhh -- excellent news. Morena was fantastic on Firefly -- it will be interesting to see how she "fleshes" out Adria.

Thank you, Darren, for the update.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

This is great news! It would be fabulous to see Morena on Stargate...

*goes off to read story*

It sounds like a recurring role.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

That's cool, and odd. I was about to go to the Adria thread to suggest Summer Glau could be cast as Adria. Hmm. Oh well =)

Comment

*happy dance!* *happy dance!* *happy dance!* *happy dance!*

Comment

Awesome! It's great how plenty of good actors from other shows are now appearing on StarGate.

My hopes of Adria being an evil HOTTIE has been answered! Thanks TPTB!!!
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I think this is fantastic. Hopefully will help another set of scifi fans discover Stargate who hadn't been familiar with it before.
                    Four out of five voices in my head agree: I'm ok. It's the fifth one that scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Famous
                      I'm a big fan of Firefly, so I'm really excited about this. Morena will be great as Adria. Is it July yet?
                      Same here

Comment

Vulnerability and curves (...mmm...curves...) are all well and good, but I'm mainly looking forward to seeing Morena kick some ass. The Browncoat in me and the 'Gater in me are linking arms and doing a happy dance (The BSG fan in me is sulking, but that's neither here nor there).

Comment

Originally posted by Piratejenna
                          This is great news. Perfect casting! Morena has the charisma and vulnerability to make Adria partly sympathetic but very hard-edged and dark underneath.

I'll be interested to see how the Anti-Season 10 folks spin this. Place your bets:

(1) "Oh my God they're turning the show into Firefly! Firefly was cancelled therefore Firefly sucked and everyone associated with it should never be allowed to work again!" (2) "Oh my God they've hired someone who played a prostitute on another show! This is proof that the Stargate writers are degenerates who want to corrupt our children!"
                          (3) "Oh my God they've hired a beautiful woman. Not only that but she's got boobs! Beautiful, curvaceous boobs! We must cover our children's eyes and go 'tut tut' very loudly every time she appears, otherwise our poor innocent offspring will grow up believing female anatomy is a normal part of human existence!"

Ahem... I'm sorry, that wasn't really me. It was the Evil Snark-Elf who lives in my keyboard...
                          Thanks for giving me great in the morning!

Comment

That was some amazing news to wake up to, i'm really excited about this news.

Comment

That is fantastic news! I'm such a huge fan of Firefly, and of Morena herself (still pulling for her for the role of Wonder Woman, but with this I'm a little worried), so getting to see her in this new role within another of my favorite SciFi world's is just going to be great!

And Piratejenna, brilliant! Really made me laugh!

Anyway, yay for the casting directors for SG... mmm - Morena - mmm!

Comment

Working...
                              X