Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened after the Battle of the Bassen Rift

Spoiler:
    What exactly was the resolution to Nemesis. My thoughts were that a new treaty was in the works (given the damages done to the Romulan Empire over the years), the death of the Romulan Senate at the beginning of the movie...What exactly happened after the Battle. If there's no official knowledge of what happened, what do you think happened at the end of Nemesis.

I think they were negotiating a new treaty.
    Last edited by rarocks24; 27 April 2006, 07:56 PM.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

the federation and romulans finally found common ground with the help of captain Riker and the USS titain
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Is this the conclusion of Nemesis? So that means I've just spoiled myself? Ack! Ach, no matter, I'll still get round to watching it.

A question though. Is Picard still a Captain in this film? I know Admiral Janeway appears in Nemesis, I think it was a bit unfair that Janeway was promoted before Picard was. He deserves to be Admiral more than Janeway does.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

i heard there was a tea party.
        worf drank prune juice.

Comment

Okay thanks. Ah yes, I remember that from Generations now. And thanks for the offer of further info, but I'd rather leave it at that and watch Nemesis without anymore spoilers.

Comment

This is just another aspect of how bad this movie was. We have no idea what happened because the movie didnt actually resolve anything.

Comment

^Spoiler tags for the benefit of Missster.Freeman (Which, btw, i bought half life 2 the other day and i saw where you got the quote for that sig, you know.. the one with the "rise and shine".. not knowing where it was from i've always thought it was really random. Although if i saw it now, i'd probably just find it really creepy... that guy gives me the willies!)

Anyway back on topic:
              Spoiler:
              The ending was kind of similar to the undiscovered country in the way that they left it open with the possibilty that an alliance may form. IMO i hope they don't cos the Romulans are too good an enemy to waste like that.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

^ lol Man, you realise how tempting it is to click those spoiler tags? It's bloody hard, but I won't!

Ah the sig. You don't just think I made it up. The G-man IS really creepy, now even more so with higher res graphics. Hey, it's good to see you bought HL2. It's a quality game, and a new episode is going to be released soon... Is your PC up to spec to run it btw?

Comment

Aye, it's a couple months old so i can run it at pretty much top spec. (and with broadband arriving tomorrow, online gaming is gonna rock..) The scenery is Amazing. I just looked around for ages first time i was outside, like that huge tower. Immense.

I'm a tad annoyed though, the physics engine is so realistic that i'm finding myself thinking about the buoyancy forces of wooden blocks in the water and projectile motion etc.. The curse of an engineering student i guess...

What's this about a new episode??

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Heh, physics is a major part of the game, as you will realise once you receive the "Zero-Point Energy Field Manipulator" (Gravity Gun).

Episode One is basically Valve's new term for an expansion pack. It should be released sometime this year. Ah I would've provided you a link to the Episode One site, but it has spoilers for the end of the first instalment of HL2.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                      IA question though. Is Picard still a Captain in this film? I know Admiral Janeway appears in Nemesis, I think it was a bit unfair that Janeway was promoted before Picard was. He deserves to be Admiral more than Janeway does.
                      Picard was offer the admiralty way back during season 1 or 2 of TNG as I recall. He just never accepted the offer, just like Riker never accepted the offers to be captain of his own ship. They both wanted to stay on the Enterprise. Look how fast Riker accepted the promotion to captain when Picard was abducted by the Borg.

Back to topic,
                      Spoiler:
                      it was mention at the end that Riker and the USS Titan would go back to the Neutral Zone and try to smooth things over. With the Senate gone, there is a good chance a new government will form, hopefully one which is more sympathetic to peace with the Federation.

Comment

Working...
                      X