• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo hoo!
    Ses
    James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      He did a lot of great stuff for Star Trek, but after seventeen years with the franchise his creativity was wearing thin. (I liked Voyager and Enterprise too) Star Trek needs fresh creative minds to keep going.
      You hit the nail on the head. I liked Voyager and DS9 but Berman wanted to play it safe and not take risks from what I understand. Time for some new blood in Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
        You hit the nail on the head. I liked Voyager and DS9 but Berman wanted to play it safe and not take risks from what I understand. Time for some new blood in Trek.
        I think some sort of a steadying hand is needed though. Seeing what Ronald D. Moore did with BSG, I'd be scared to see someone like him back in Trek without a Berman to watch over. Don't get me wrong, I love BSG, but I am afraid that this BSG makeover idea may be brought into Trek in some shape or form.

Comment

He did a lot of great stuff for Star Trek, but after seventeen years with the franchise his creativity was wearing thin. (I liked Voyager and Enterprise too) Star Trek needs fresh creative minds to keep going.
          oh yea, completely agree. There's so many new things they can do, but they just need to think of it.

They could have it after the the TNG time. 100 years or more later. What would things be like then?

24/7 Wake - KrackHouse server: 69.28.221.211:16567
          24/7 Groundpounders - Krackhouse: 69.28.221.210:16567
          Both heavily admined.

Comment

This is great news. His idea for the next Star Trek series, called Star Trek: The New Voyages... To Cancellation, really sucks.

Comment

Personally, I'll always admire Berman for where he took Star Trek. But, I too think some new minds are needed in the world of Trek. At least, so long as they stay loyal to it's past.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I defferently think their need some new people to take star trek over. I need to be if you recreated and reinvgerated.

Personally it to soon to have a new film, I would wait other few and then create something distances it self from past episodes startrek. Startrek has got to be one of the most complicated shows, films to write for, with out upsetting any of the die hard fans out, who let face knows everything their is to now about startrek.

If I was writing for the star trek I would set into the future a hundred years, so then writer would not have ot be worry about past cannon and every thing else that happens in the series, They can in essence start over again.

So berman not being on the staff would is a good idea. Also if I were them I would get their script check out by some hard core fans before filming even began.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                  I defferently think their need some new people to take star trek over. I need to be if you recreated and reinvgerated.

Personally it to soon to have a new film, I would wait other few and then create something distances it self from past episodes startrek. Startrek has got to be one of the most complicated shows, films to write for, with out upsetting any of the die hard fans out, who let face knows everything their is to now about startrek.

If I was writing for the star trek I would set into the future a hundred years, so then writer would not have ot be worry about past cannon and every thing else that happens in the series, They can in essence start over again.

So berman not being on the staff would is a good idea. Also if I were them I would get their script check out by some hard core fans before filming even began.
                  I disagree, once they start writing to the fans specifications they lose their creative control- the writer and producers have to write the show that they want to write, not the vision of someone who has never written for television in their life (barring studio interference, that's a whole other can of worms). Frankly, if the writers are familiar with past Trek, fans of past Trek, I would leave making the show in their hands. If they listened to a specific group of fans, the "real" fans as some might call them, it would just piss everyone else off and make things more complicated. There are way too many barriers in fandom for that work. They should write the script, make the show, then we decide if we like it, if we do, we watch, if we don't, we turn it off.

Comment

I disagree, once they start writing to the fans specifications they lose their creative control- the writer and producers have to write the show that they want to write, not the vision of someone who has never written for television in their life (barring studio interference, that's a whole other can of worms). Frankly, if the writers are familiar with past Trek, fans of past Trek, I would leave making the show in their hands. If they listened to a specific group of fans, the "real" fans as some might call them, it would just piss everyone else off and make things more complicated. There are way too many barriers in fandom for that work. They should write the script, make the show, then we decide if we like it, if we do, we watch, if we don't, we turn it off.
                    Don't stop making sense, TG42!
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I'm Glad he's gone. DS9 was a great idea, just executed poorly (and don't get me started on the sereis finale) and Voyager, for me, was TERRIBLE. ENT could've been much more, as the final 2 seasons showed, but hey, what ya gonna do.

Star Trek should have a bit of a break now, but, since they're doing a new TREK film, i hope it works out, in a big way.
                      Last edited by Smegger56; 12 June 2006, 08:51 AM.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                      Lister: 'Why not?'
                      Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                      Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                      Rimmer: 'See who?'
                      Cat: 'The king.'
                      Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                      Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                      Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Working...
                      X