Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Sheppard's Personal Item... item... item... item...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Sheppard's Personal Item... item... item... item...

In Season 1 of Atlantis, we found out that all personnel (John Sheppard included; no special case made for him) were allowed one personal item to take to Atlantis.

However, it seems Sheppard must've been cheating. So far, I've noticed (in season 1), this man has:

-One copy of War and Peace (may not count as a personal item, unsure)
    -Football reruns.
    -One football.
    -One Johnny Cash poster.

Hmm... that adds up to four items, and I count real good up to four.

John Sheppard - putting the 'cargo' in cargo pants, it seems.
    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Originally posted by Syera
    In Season 1 of Atlantis, we found out that all personnel (John Sheppard included; no special case made for him) were allowed one personal item to take to Atlantis.

However, it seems Sheppard must've been cheating. So far, I've noticed (in season 1), this man has:

-Football reruns.
    -One football.
    -One Johnny Cash poster.

Maybe those items were collected from men KIA? He could be that morbid...trying to keep their memories alive...in his quarters.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Now there's a thought.

Could be worse: he could be trying to hawk 'em.
      [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Perhaps he traded for 'em? Like giving Mckay his coffee rations for War and Peace?

Comment

-Football reruns.
          -One football.
          -One Johnny Cash poster.

What ep is the Johnny Cash poster in?

I bet everyone was allowed to bring books that wouldn't count as personal items. They have to have something to do on their off hours and they could trade them around. Start a library in atlantis.

Comment

The poster appears in The Gift, if I remember right. You can see it when the camera shows John asleep in bed - it's on the wall behind it.

Comment

Do not forget the guitar, and the skateboard (I think)

Comment

That's pretty much my assumption. He seems the type to pull that.
                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis2184
                  Do not forget the guitar, and the skateboard (I think)
                  Guitar, skateboard, boogie board, and picture in frame. But these items don't appear until season 2. When it's feasable they were allowed to bring a few items from earth after regular contact was established via the Daedalus. In season 2 everyone has stuff in thier rooms so it's gotta be the big D. As for season 1 and the book and poster I figure the mystery is in line with how in heck Weir managed to bring so many clothes. They could both be mysteries, plot holes, or maybe personnel were alotted a space for clothes and instead of clothes Shep brought the book and poster... He always wears the same thing...

Comment

On the book issue my fanwank there is that everyone would be allowed one book and one personal item. A personal item could be anything - a photo of loved ones, a giant tub of hair gel, anything that a person feels they can't live without! - whereas a book is a great way to pass the time, which is bound to be an issue when sending an expedition somewhere remote for possibly a long time. I should think everyone would be have been allowed to take something - be it a book or a gameboy - to be used as a pastime?
                    sigpic

Comment

John Sheppard is a rebel!!

He's going to take what he freakin' wants!!

Comment

Working...
                      X