This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible story arc?

Actually this isn't an original idea, but an idea picked up from season 1 with The Storm and Eye. If the Asurans, Genii, or someone else was able to take control of Atlantis for, say, a five episode arc? And the Atlantis expedition would trying to focus on getting the city back while the threat of the Wraith and others in the Pegasus galaxy.

Not a bad idea, except you pretty much have to devot all 5 episodes to getting back Atlantis and it could get a little tedious. It would be better if it were the Genii, seeing as the can't actually operate any of the advanced Atlantis gear.

From what i know of the Asurans, we would have a hard time getting back.
    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

The Asurans want to destroy Atlantis and the Genii have already tried it, i doubt they will do this

Comment

Well we need some sort of danger looming throughout the season. Season 1 was great compared to two. The Wraith were taking their time getting to the Atlantis and the Seige triology was great. Season two was mundance compared to this.

Comment

Nice idea, and yeh it would have to be that the 5 episode arc would have to be consecutive. I like it.
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Could be an excellent story if it were to be well planned and executed and not done just for the sake of doing it. i think it would have to serve a greater purpose.

For example (any DS9 fans out there?) when the station was taken over by the Dominion. The arc worked because of the genuine upheaval it caused the characters.

The Genii tried, the Genii failed - it would be rubish to repeat it. A more dangerous species would make for an increased sence of peril.
            "You have already taken the first steps towards becoming... the fith race."

Comment

hmm...I'd personally like to see an ep where the people of Atlantis were taken hostage. That would be cool to see, and the plan of action to get out of it...The Storm and The Eye are great, but their small scale. I'd like to see this, team work, various other things---maybe during a finale have the Wraith come up through the stargate! That would be rad..

VB
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by God_of_the_Sun
                Could be an excellent story if it were to be well planned and executed and not done just for the sake of doing it. i think it would have to serve a greater purpose.

For example (any DS9 fans out there?) when the station was taken over by the Dominion. The arc worked because of the genuine upheaval it caused the characters.

The Genii tried, the Genii failed - it would be rubish to repeat it. A more dangerous species would make for an increased sence of peril.
                Problem is you need kind of one of the regular baddies to the role. I mean DS9 it was great because the Dominion had developed itself into such a big threat. If the Wraith or the Asurans were to get it then yeah it would possibly fill that same role but the thing is that both of them would be in almost complete control then unlike DS9 where they had starfleet and other allies to draw upon.

And as said, the Genii tried it so might be a bit repetitive to try that again.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                X