Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Wink Re: Birthright (710)

A friend of mine w/out cable (and therefore, no SciFi) caught this one airing on network TV and asked me about it the next day. Interaction as follows:

Him: Hey, I think I saw that show you're cuckoo over yesterday.
    zats: Stargate?
    Him: Yeah.
    zats: Cool, which ep?
    Him: They went to a planet with scantily clad women.
    zats: Okay, ah...that would be 'Birthright'.
    Him: I liked it.
    zats: You do know that these 'scantily clad women' could kick your ass, right?
    Him: Mmm-hmm. Is there another episode where they go to the planet with scantily clad women?
    zats: Well, technically, they're Jaffa...but yeah.
    Him: Ooh, can I see that one, too?

He's now quite the SG fan. Yay! Thank heaven for the scantily clad women!

Second Lieutenant ApophisOfTheStargateRealm's Avatar

Default Re: Birthright (710)

I thought this was an interesting episode and here, you can really see the J'ffa moving away from the clutches of the "Gods." I really liked the small battle between Teal'c and his new freind .
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Teal'c and Ishta sitting in a tree...lol

Quote Originally Posted by S.G.C
    Teal'c and Ishta sitting in a tree...lol
    Just finishing watching it on my DVD and noticed that Sam is also a savy negoticator.

I liked this one. A new facet to the Rebel Jaffa. Great moments with Teal'c, Sam and Daniel.

Second Lieutenant ApophisOfTheStargateRealm's Avatar

was that, CJ getting his ass kicked? by a...a girl
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Quote Originally Posted by ApophisOfTheStargateRealm
    was that, CJ getting his ass kicked? by a...a girl
    I was just wondering if he didn't do that on propose.

Why would it be against Jaffa custom for them to recover the symbiotes of the fallen? I thought the whole point of the Jaffa was to keep immature Goauld alive! Since the Goauld must have had a lot of influence over Jaffa customs, that seems a little odd to me.

Yeah, that was nice. When Colonel O'Neill said, "I don't see no bow nor arrow," I kind of expected Daniel to say, "Well that's why they each have two marvelous breasts. Thank goodness for energy weapons."

Quote Originally Posted by zats
    A friend of mine w/out cable (and therefore, no SciFi) caught this one airing on network TV and asked me about it the next day. Interaction as follows:

Him: Mmm-hmm. Is there another episode where they go to the planet with scantily clad women?

He's now quite the SG fan. Yay! Thank heaven for the scantily clad women! :p

I watched The First Ones yesterday and wondered why they did get symboites from the lakes on that planet for the female Jaffa

Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Second Lieutenant angelfire east's Avatar

This is a really great episode It had everything, laugher, fun, romance and action

The fight scene between Teal'c and Neith was really cool, I loved the way it was filmed

I also loved the back and forth of Teal'c/Neith and Sam/Mala as they both talked. I enjoyed hearing about Teal'c feelings for his wife, ususally we hear more of his feelings for his son. I also enjoyed Sam's realionship to Mala saying she wanted to have a relationship like Jack and Sam lol.

I really like Mala, it's a shame she died. I thought she would have been good friends with Sam.
    spoiler for season 9 and 10
    Spoiler:
    I saw Kal'el who is in the Free Jaffa council and I think Mala would have been the best person to take on that role. And yes part of that reason is becuase I feel she'd support Earth but also beaucse she fair and kind hearted. Not that KalEl is a bad person.

Daniel was also fun in this episode, he was really good with Nesa, who I really liked btw. I thought their scenes where really cute

Question with spoilers for season 10
    Spoiler:
    Is the same actress who played Nesa the same actress to play Adria in her teens?

I love Teal'c makeout with Neith in the gateroom, Sam and Daniel took the hint and left but Jack just stayed there lol.

Also Jack jokes about being so willing to help out with the mating was too funny.

O'NEILL: "Wait...you don't suppose that's why they want us, do you? I mean, you know, the three of us?"
    JACKSON: "You t- to mate with? No, no...I don't think so..."
    O'NEILL: "Well, because you know me...I'm all for helping people."

Was it Daniel or Sam who said "Oh, God..." in resposd to Jack's comment. It sounded like Sam to me but the transcript said it was Daniel. SO does anyone know?

CJ writes the best Teal'c episodes

I watched The First Ones yesterday and wondered why they did get symboites from the lakes on that planet for the female Jaffa
    Becuase the writers forgot about the lake? It is possibley that The SGC had the lake cleaned out of so no could be taken as host?
    Last edited by angelfire east; February 5th, 2007 at 07:38 PM.
    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."
    http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7896/bannercopyt.jpg

I quite liked this episode. It's good to hear about some Jaffa women who are warrior's, rather than the men.

Quote Originally Posted by angelfire east View Post
    I also loved the back and forth of Teal'c/Neith and Sam/Mala as they both talked. I enjoyed hearing about Teal'c feelings for his wife, ususally we hear more of his feelings for his son. I also enjoyed Sam's realionship to Mala saying she wanted to have a relationship like Jack and Sam lol.
    Yeh, I liked how they changed between the two conversations too, and also Jack's and Sam's "special relationship", lol.

Was it Daniel or Sam who said "Oh, God..." in resposd to Jack's comment. It sounded like Sam to me but the transcript said it was Daniel. SO does anyone know?
    I listened to it twice, trying to work it out, and I'm pretty sure it's Sam. At least it sounds a lot like Sam to me.
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

i also thought the same thing so i looked it up on a different web site and it said it was sam who said it. (over all it was a very funny scene)

i also agree that cj does write the best teal'c episodes i guess he
    understants teal'c alot more

I thought this was a great episode. Christopher Judge is great at writing!

Also Jack jokes about being so willing to help out with the mating was too funny.

O'NEILL: "Wait...you don't suppose that's why they want us, do you? I mean, you know, the three of us?"
    Hehe, I thought that bit was hilarious. Sam's repsonse was great too (Oh God!).

It was a nice episode.But the end scene was fantastic!

This is a really great episode It had everything, laugher, fun, romance and action

The fight scene between Teal'c and Neith was really cool, I loved the way it was filmed

I really like Mala, it's a shame she died. I thought she would have been good friends with Sam.
    spoiler for season 9 and 10
    Spoiler:
    I saw Kal'el who is in the Free Jaffa council and I think Mala would have been the best person to take on that role. And yes part of that reason is becuase I feel she'd support Earth but also beaucse she fair and kind hearted. Not that KalEl is a bad person.

Daniel was also fun in this episode, he was really good with Nesa, who I really liked btw. I thought their scenes where really cute

Question with spoilers for season 10
    Spoiler:
    Is the same actress who played Nesa the same actress to play Adria in her teens?

I love Teal'c makeout with Neith in the gateroom, Sam and Daniel took the hint and left but Jack just stayed there lol.

CJ writes the best Teal'c episodes

Becuase the writers forgot about the lake? It is possibley that The SGC had the lake cleaned out of so no could be taken as host?
    That was avery funny scene

I liked this episode !

Loved the Jaffa women warriors, Teal'c and Daniel in some interesting scenes with them.

Rating 8 / 10

Quote Originally Posted by zats View Post

He's now quite the SG fan. Yay! Thank heaven for the scantily clad women!

Haha that totally reminds me of Citizen Joe

Guy: Boss... Question. These Guuuld.
    Joe: Goa'uldddddd
    Guy: Gouuuuud
    Joe: GOA'ULLLLLLLLD
    Guy: Nevermind... the bad guys.
    Jack: I thought I told you I retired.
    Hammond: Oh... I thought you said you were "tired"
    Jack: Well... as a matter of fact... I am a little... tired.
    Hammond: There's no time for that now! You have a mission to lead!
    Jack: RIIIIIIGHT!

I like this episode a lot. One of the season 7 highlights most definitely.

i like this episode.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast