This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Container thing on Atlantis

All you guys saw last weeks episode...I knew that device that held that thing looked familiar. SG-1 Found a similar device in season six. Cant remember the episode...I think its the one when they see weird bugs. Jonas says the writings talked about some sort of other dimension...looks like they actually talked about ascension!!!

COOL!

They were very different devices. One let you see bugs that existed out of phase. One was designed to attract and capture an energy entity.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but they DID look alike, although their purposes are totally unrelated.

One thing both devices have in common however, is that their functions deal with attracting beings that do not exist in a physical sense on this plane.

Comment

The purposes were comparable, though not really analagous. But I think it may actually be the same prop. (And the episode you're thinking of is "Sight Unseen" from Season 6.)
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I remember it well. It was one of the funniest episodes of SG1.

Comment

It wasn't the same prop. For one, the one in Atlantis was very gold-colored, and lit up differently. The one in "Sight Unseen" had a bundle of crystals on the end, while the one on Atlantis had several slidy things on the side.
            sigpic

Comment

The SGA device looked like Goauld tech cuz it had those lines with the black.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

I wonder where the Goa'uld came up with that motif?
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Hey Pyro, Daniel didnt say that carter did...

And It looks like the same device to me. But it is probably just the same prop. But who knows? the ancients do!

Comment

I think it might the same prop, but modified a bit. That's done quite often.

Comment

I really liked that prop.

It makes me think that what SG-1 found was an earlier version of this device, or at least a precurser to the ascention work that the ancients were doing. Possibly a similar form of energy/action but in a more basic state.

Definitely makes sense if the ancients were studying the whole extra-dimensional life thing even before they left earth for pegasus.

I LOVE CONTINUITY!

Comment

Does someone have pictures?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

My S6 dvd set doesn't arrive till next week...but.....here's from SGA.

I'm pretty sure it's very different from the S6 device.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

http://stargatedanielfriendly.net/ht...rs/Image25.jpg

....Its the same one.....I guess it has multiple uses?!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Wow. I could have sworn the SG1 one was a lot smaller.

Well, it's just a recycled prop.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X