No announcement yet.

Avenger 2.0 (709)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely hated this episode! I tried to watch it, I truly did, but Felger is so very annoying that I ended up fast forwarding through 7/8 of it.

I liked The Other Guys because of Coombs, not Felger.

So far, this is the only episode that I have rated as terrible!

Comment

Seems my opinion about this episode hasn't changed since last time I watched it.

Felger is still as hilarious as ever. He tries so hard to do good, but in doing so he comes across as an absolute idiot who gets by on luck alone. O'Neill's right, though, he's a screw up but in the end he does get the job done. He just needs a good incentive.

I can't find any fault with this episode. I just love it too much.

Last time I watched it...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Oh Felger, you silly man!

This such a hilarious episode.

Let's use a virus to disable the gate (and unwittingly the entire network). Ba'al's one sneaky Goa'uld there, though when an opportunity arises from which one can get more power... it was just too good to pass up on.

The episode in which Carter carries the Carter Special. A friend of mine replicated that weapon and added it to his collection. I'm jealous at his wall but especially at that gun, cause it looks awesomesauce.
      I don't know if my friend still has the Carter special up against his wall but it was nevertheless an amazing piece he did.

Originally posted by BethHG View Post
      I absolutely hated this episode! I tried to watch it, I truly did, but Felger is so very annoying that I ended up fast forwarding through 7/8 of it.

I liked The Other Guys because of Coombs, not Felger.

So far, this is the only episode that I have rated as terrible!
      Aw... ... for me that's Demons in season 3.

My rating of Avenger:

How would you rate SG-1's "Avenger 2.0"?

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible

*******EDIT***********

3-episode quiz: Avenger 2.0, Birthright & Evolution I

Jigsaw puzzle: Avenger 2.0
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 16 June 2019, 05:37 AM. Reason: Adding quiz & jigsaw.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Whatever happened to BethSG?

Anyway, this is such a polarizing episode in people hate or love it. Such is common when the writers do comedy. I tend to agree with FH. The comedy isnt that bad. I can kind of relate to Felger of wanting to do good but always failing. So I give it a good because of Jack's surprise. 1 minute 51 seconds
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Whatever happened to BethSG?
            Celebrating the end of the schoolyear. Aren't her sons homeschooled?

Comment

I always loved those episodes which were dealing with the gate technology or gate related problems. Since the show is about a gate network, it is good to see how they evolved it through the seasons.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Celebrating the end of the schoolyear. Aren't her sons homeschooled?
                Aren't we more important than such offspring
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Aren't we more important than such offspring
                  I would think so.

Comment

A quickie -- 3:17

Comment

Not quick enough
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Not quick enough
                        I'm too slow on a mousepad... I prefer an actual solid computer mouse but laptop takes too long to start so tablet/PC it is.

Comment

This episode made me laugh. Felger is a comic figure. On the other hand I am also a but surprised,that he is still working in SGC. The ending scene with Carter and her fight was very funny. I realizer that she had whole episode normal black t-shirt and in that last scene had a t-shirt with reeeeally large neckline
                          One thing was a bit weird for me. Do you think that it is really possible that Baal would know how to work with that virus and modify it?

Comment

I think that Felger looked more competent in his previous episode, but I also like this episode quite. The idea of uploading of virus into the gate is interesting and how Baa'l used the situation is brilliant - one of those Goa'ulds with brain.

The humour seemed to be quite okay, but there were moments where I was not sure if they did not go too far with it.

Comment

Originally posted by AmFor View Post
                              This episode made me laugh. Felger is a comic figure. On the other hand I am also a but surprised,that he is still working in SGC. The ending scene with Carter and her fight was very funny. I realizer that she had whole episode normal black t-shirt and in that last scene had a t-shirt with reeeeally large neckline
                              One thing was a bit weird for me. Do you think that it is really possible that Baal would know how to work with that virus and modify it?
                              FFFFFEEEEEEEELLLGGGEERR!!!!!!

Yeah, I was waiting for you to reach this episode. Curious what you had to say.

sigpic
                              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
                                FFFFFEEEEEEEELLLGGGEERR!!!!!!

Yeah, I was waiting for you to reach this episode. Curious what you had to say.
                                😁 I had already seen it before. Like 10 years ago, but I forgot everything. I almost don't remember Seasons 7-10, because I saw them just one time.
                                I like Felger, he is so...Felger-y 😁 Maybe I just need sometimes one of these funny episodes and turn off my brain, look at that Felger's stupidy and laugh

Comment

Working...
                                X