Avenger 2.0 (709)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JacksCSM
    Concerning the signs pointing to Felger's lab - if I remember correctly in the director's cut Amanda and Martin were giggling over the number of signs. It was a bit of a 'send-up' to the fact that Felger probably needed the help to find his lab and not, necessarily, denoting his importance.
    And even then, he still goes the wrong way to start with...

I did like this episode. When I wasn't giggling, my toes were literally curling with embarrassment for poor Felger. I missed the 'team' aspect of the show, but that could be said about many of the episodes in season 7.
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

What ever happened to the ship that O'Neal and T'elc used to save Felger and Sam? The ended the episode with Sam saying "I promised I won't tell." and then nothing.
      Where's Thor's hammer?

Comment

I was watch Average yesterday and something ticked my mind. When Felger was demonstrating the energy weapon, did it work before and if it worked again wht whould have happened or do u think they ever figure it out wht went wrong ???

Comment

I doubt they figured out what went wrong....it's Felger's work

Comment

How about they were just in over their heads and there was no possible way it was going to actually work?

OK, sarcastic moment over.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

It's a possiablity

Comment

I think they just droped it.
                sigpic

Comment

i felt bad for feliger i know what it's like to mess up alot
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

For any computer programmers here:

Did you notice the language that Sam was writing on the board? at about the 12:20 mark, it looks to me almost %100 like Java. It certainly wasn't C++ as she was using 'new' without declaring a variable as a pointer to an object on the heap. I find it kinda funny, because that must mean someone created a Java Virtual Machine for....well, the Stargate

Comment

Everyone is forgetting one little detail about Felger's virus. It was tampered with by someone else. Felger's virus would have worked just fine if it was the virus he wrote. However, since someone tampered with it, it is just a case of stuff happens. Unless he could have made it a little more tamper proof, that's the only thing I can think of that Felger could have done to prevent the whoops from happening. BTW, if anyone is interested, I have a Jay/Chloe fic in the works.

Comment

I found it extra-hilarious.
                        I agree with the people who believe that the WHOLE episode was a big day dreaming of Felger. (as was The Other Guys episode). There are simply too many details that can't be realistic even within the stargate universe. They are too close to Felger's fantasies to let us believe it's true.

However it makes a great episode. You already pointed out some funny moments, so i won't repeat them.

* I liked the little action figures & toy stargate he has in his house!
                        * It's funny when he was wearing that tie for Major Carter, and his sweet assistant Chloe, obviously jealous, almost strangled him!
                        * Another interesting thing was to see the DHD without its cover, revealing the set of crystals. Cool. It's amazing how they can possibly link it to a human computer, but that's part of the mystery of the show.
                        * Yet, I have sympathy when he realises that the whole stargate system is out of order, and have difficulty breathing (using the brown bag!)
                        * Remember when he tried to explain to Hammond why he chose the name Avanger for the virus? very long and irrelevant explanation
                        * and there is:
                        FELGER: "Stargate Command, Felger speaking. Mom, mom, no - no, no ... no, I told you not to call me here. No, you're not even supposed to have this number ...

However, what I found a bit too unbelievible was that, out of all possible SG teams off-world that came back to Earth, coincidentally, the other members of SG1 were in the 2 teams who couldn't made it. (Of course, what a surprise!!

Comment

anybody know what rifle carter uses at the very end of the episode?
                          she uses it all the time but nobody can tell me what gun it is

Comment

If memory serves this gun was put together from others something they were forced to do because of shortages and trouble obtaining ammo. It's mentioned on one of the dvds (Avenger itself prop).

Comment

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser View Post
                              For any computer programmers here:

Did you notice the language that Sam was writing on the board? at about the 12:20 mark, it looks to me almost %100 like Java. It certainly wasn't C++ as she was using 'new' without declaring a variable as a pointer to an object on the heap. I find it kinda funny, because that must mean someone created a Java Virtual Machine for....well, the Stargate
                              Not necessarily. Under Linux at least, you can use gcj to compile Java into native machine code just like you would C or C++. It only has to be run under a JVM if you compile it to the machine-neutral "Java bytecode". Maybe I should look under arch/ in my Linux kernel sources for "ancient" and "goauld" architectures now. As for interfacing human equipment with it...well being crystal based, it's probably all just optical, and we have fiberoptic tech.

Comment

I loved this episode, not quite as good as 'The Other Guys', but still very much a fun episode to watch. Felger is both incredibly annoying and yet strangely funny and I felt a bit sorry for him during the scene on the bridge. I missed the team element here and have for the past few episodes, but luckily the humour made up for it.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                                But what really made Felger so funny was the fact that he was playing off of Sam, who was the straight man in this act...she was Abbott to his Costello. The fact she didn't react to any of his over the top behavior made the whole thing funnier...especially during the visit to his apartment...the Carter doll, the pants on backwards, the SG-1 war kit, the spit take...
                                I couldn't stop laughing when Felger put his pants on backwards, that whole scene was hilarious!
                                "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
                                S/J all the way!
                                Big Honkin' Resolution!
                                sigpic
                                John/Teyla Shipper!
                                SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X