No announcement yet.

Avenger 2.0 (709)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hilarious episode! i loved the little mad scientist ... i felt bad for him too
    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

^funny!!!!!

Great Episode, a challange can anyone work out the number of possible combinations to the Stargate? No probably not i think its somewhere in the millions

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
        A challange can anyone work out the number of possible combinations to the Stargate?
        Working on it . . .

Anyway. There's something I noticed that I don't think anyone has brought up. As Sam & Jay are walking away from the lab after the weapon thingy screw-up (I think), there are about half-a-dozen signs along the walls in the corridors around the lab.

Dr. J. Felger
        Research
        <------

Granted, they look like pieces of paper printed on a computer. But it still implies some kind of greater consequence to Felger's work. (Meaning, of course, that he really ought to have more than one assistant, though that would lead to extremely severe jealousy on the part of his favorite blonde.) Any thoughts?

Sarah

(BTW: The fic is being written. Really.)
        Call me Sarah . . .
        • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
        • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
        • Trek forever!

Comment

All in all, I liked this episode, Avenger 2.0 had alot of good points in; the ending particular was hilareous! ROTFPML I want to know what they are going to do with the Stargate virus (could they still use it as a viable weapon?), & I want to see some field use on that anti-staff-weapon cavlar vest.

I agree in that the projects he is working would probably warrant closer attention, & that it would be nice to see some more episodes focusing on those people whom work behind the scences @ the SGC; especially now the Goa'uuld are defeated, itwould pose an interesting question of direction for SGC research now the Guuld are no longer a majot threat.

Comment

Concerning the signs pointing to Felger's lab - if I remember correctly in the director's cut Amanda and Martin were giggling over the number of signs. It was a bit of a 'send-up' to the fact that Felger probably needed the help to find his lab and not, necessarily, denoting his importance.
            sigpic
            Vancouver 2010
            Chicago 2010
            Chicago 2011
            Jack's CSM

Comment

I thought this episode was a little weak in several areas. First of all, this seemed, more than any so far, to have really broken up the team aspect. At least in Space Race, Jack & Daniel were meeting with the aliens and Teal'c was helping Carter from the planet. But this, the others were just all stuck off-world, for most of it. Also, I think they really went over the top with making Felger "dumb" or whatever you want to call it. In TOG's he seemed completely competent in his work and was just over zealous in fan worship of SG-1. I too think it would have played better if it also had Coombs. Finally, I do not think they should have introduced the idea that Baal did something to the virus. Their idea up until then, that the DHD's did all the compensating and correlative downloads, was sufficient.

Comment

i saw this episode for the first time with a friend and it sure was akward watching all the Felger imaginations with her...lol
                "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

I was ROFLMAO through this ep and IMO it seemed like it was an ep for the comic book geeks out there, no disrepect intended of course.
                  All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                  Pay it forward

Comment

None taken.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Nothing can beat the ending of this episode. I mean nothing. Carter wrestling that girl on the floor was awesome. And seeing O'Neill stop Felger from breaking them up, that was just priceless. I wish they'd do another Felger ep. That would be so funny.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by JacksCSM
                        Concerning the signs pointing to Felger's lab - if I remember correctly in the director's cut Amanda and Martin were giggling over the number of signs. It was a bit of a 'send-up' to the fact that Felger probably needed the help to find his lab and not, necessarily, denoting his importance.
                        Exactly! The point was that he was so far down the food chain that his lab was in such an obscure location that people needed signs just to find it.

Okay...I admit it. I love Jay Felger. He is so hilarious. Now granted he's not someone I'd want to see every week...but once a season or every other season would be great. Why? Because he's a part of the SG universe kind of like what Martin was talking about...and a hilarious part at that. While SG-1's out there kicking Goa'uld butt, Jay's busy geeking it up in his lab doing who knows what...perhaps perfecting his photon torpedo. Plus...he's SO HILARIOUS! (or did I mention that already???)

I also liked the fact that what happened wasn't Jay's fault...his virus did exactly what it was supposed to do. It was so good of an idea in fact that Ba'al stole it and manipulated it for his purposes.

But what really made Felger so funny was the fact that he was playing off of Sam, who was the straight man in this act...she was Abbott to his Costello. The fact she didn't react to any of his over the top behavior made the whole thing funnier...especially during the visit to his apartment...the Carter doll, the pants on backwards, the SG-1 war kit, the spit take...

And of course it had to end with a silly dream sequence...that's Jay for ya. I think Amanda said she came up with the idea of Sam coming in with the overshirt, otherwise it would give away the fact it was a dream sequence too early.

This one's a keeper in my book and I hope we get to see Jay at least once more before the series finale.
                        Last edited by Uber; 25 November 2005, 11:28 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I like Felger with Coombs, so I liked how they worked in a reference to him. Chloe was good too.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            I like Felger with Coombs, so I liked how they worked in a reference to him. Chloe was good too.
                            Felger definitely wasn't as good without Coombs IMHO.
                            I did like the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid line.... ironically, I actually always imagined someone saying that to Crichton on farscape. Ironic now that butch and sundance from farscape are now on stargate.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              Felger definitely wasn't as good without Coombs IMHO.
                              I did like the Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid line.... ironically, I actually always imagined someone saying that to Crichton on farscape. Ironic now that butch and sundance from farscape are now on stargate.
                              I'm afraid I must disagree.
                              He coped fantastically without Coombs, allowing him to play off of SG1.
                              Great comedy

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Exactly! .............
                              But what really made Felger so funny was the fact that he was playing off of Sam, who was the straight man in this act...she was Abbott to his Costello. The fact she didn't react to any of his over the top behavior made the whole thing funnier...especially during the visit to his apartment...the Carter doll, the pants on backwards, the SG-1 war kit, the spit take...

And of course it had to end with a silly dream sequence...that's Jay for ya. I think Amanda said she came up with the idea of Sam coming in with the overshirt, otherwise it would give away the fact it was a dream sequence too early.

This one's a keeper in my book and I hope we get to see Jay at least once more before the series finale.
                              In the immortal words of T: Indeed!
                              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I had my hands over my eyes for quite a bit of this episode It was just so hilariously embarrasing
                                "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                                "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                                Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Working...
                                X