Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Avenger 2.0 (709)

Quote Originally Posted by JacksCSM
    Concerning the signs pointing to Felger's lab - if I remember correctly in the director's cut Amanda and Martin were giggling over the number of signs. It was a bit of a 'send-up' to the fact that Felger probably needed the help to find his lab and not, necessarily, denoting his importance.
    And even then, he still goes the wrong way to start with...

I did like this episode. When I wasn't giggling, my toes were literally curling with embarrassment for poor Felger. I missed the 'team' aspect of the show, but that could be said about many of the episodes in season 7.

What ever happened to the ship that O'Neal and T'elc used to save Felger and Sam? The ended the episode with Sam saying "I promised I won't tell." and then nothing.
    Where's Thor's hammer?

Talking Re: Avenger 2.0 (709)

I was watch Average yesterday and something ticked my mind. When Felger was demonstrating the energy weapon, did it work before and if it worked again wht whould have happened or do u think they ever figure it out wht went wrong ???

Riding her scooty throne in the Poking Land

I doubt they figured out what went wrong....it's Felger's work

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Avenger 2.0 (709)

How about they were just in over their heads and there was no possible way it was going to actually work?

OK, sarcastic moment over.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Riding her scooty throne in the Poking Land

It's a possiablity

Lieutenant Colonel captain jake's Avatar

I think they just droped it.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

i felt bad for feliger i know what it's like to mess up alot

Chief Master Sergeant James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser's Avatar

For any computer programmers here:

Did you notice the language that Sam was writing on the board? at about the 12:20 mark, it looks to me almost %100 like Java. It certainly wasn't C++ as she was using 'new' without declaring a variable as a pointer to an object on the heap. I find it kinda funny, because that must mean someone created a Java Virtual Machine for....well, the Stargate

Everyone is forgetting one little detail about Felger's virus. It was tampered with by someone else. Felger's virus would have worked just fine if it was the virus he wrote. However, since someone tampered with it, it is just a case of stuff happens. Unless he could have made it a little more tamper proof, that's the only thing I can think of that Felger could have done to prevent the whoops from happening. BTW, if anyone is interested, I have a Jay/Chloe fic in the works.

Talking Re: Avenger 2.0 (709)

I found it extra-hilarious.
    I agree with the people who believe that the WHOLE episode was a big day dreaming of Felger. (as was The Other Guys episode). There are simply too many details that can't be realistic even within the stargate universe. They are too close to Felger's fantasies to let us believe it's true.

However it makes a great episode. You already pointed out some funny moments, so i won't repeat them.

* I liked the little action figures & toy stargate he has in his house!
    * It's funny when he was wearing that tie for Major Carter, and his sweet assistant Chloe, obviously jealous, almost strangled him!
    * Another interesting thing was to see the DHD without its cover, revealing the set of crystals. Cool. It's amazing how they can possibly link it to a human computer, but that's part of the mystery of the show.
    * Yet, I have sympathy when he realises that the whole stargate system is out of order, and have difficulty breathing (using the brown bag!)
    * Remember when he tried to explain to Hammond why he chose the name Avanger for the virus? very long and irrelevant explanation
    * and there is:
    FELGER: "Stargate Command, Felger speaking. Mom, mom, no - no, no ... no, I told you not to call me here. No, you're not even supposed to have this number ...

However, what I found a bit too unbelievible was that, out of all possible SG teams off-world that came back to Earth, coincidentally, the other members of SG1 were in the 2 teams who couldn't made it. (Of course, what a surprise!!

anybody know what rifle carter uses at the very end of the episode?
    she uses it all the time but nobody can tell me what gun it is

If memory serves this gun was put together from others something they were forced to do because of shortages and trouble obtaining ammo. It's mentioned on one of the dvds (Avenger itself prop).

Quote Originally Posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser View Post
    For any computer programmers here:

Did you notice the language that Sam was writing on the board? at about the 12:20 mark, it looks to me almost %100 like Java. It certainly wasn't C++ as she was using 'new' without declaring a variable as a pointer to an object on the heap. I find it kinda funny, because that must mean someone created a Java Virtual Machine for....well, the Stargate
    Not necessarily. Under Linux at least, you can use gcj to compile Java into native machine code just like you would C or C++. It only has to be run under a JVM if you compile it to the machine-neutral "Java bytecode". Maybe I should look under arch/ in my Linux kernel sources for "ancient" and "goauld" architectures now. As for interfacing human equipment with it...well being crystal based, it's probably all just optical, and we have fiberoptic tech.

I loved this episode, not quite as good as 'The Other Guys', but still very much a fun episode to watch. Felger is both incredibly annoying and yet strangely funny and I felt a bit sorry for him during the scene on the bridge. I missed the team element here and have for the past few episodes, but luckily the humour made up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    But what really made Felger so funny was the fact that he was playing off of Sam, who was the straight man in this act...she was Abbott to his Costello. The fact she didn't react to any of his over the top behavior made the whole thing funnier...especially during the visit to his apartment...the Carter doll, the pants on backwards, the SG-1 war kit, the spit take...
    I couldn't stop laughing when Felger put his pants on backwards, that whole scene was hilarious!
    "Don't dis MacGyver, or before you know it he'll be at your door with some tinfoil, a whistle and a bag of marbles...and you'll be sorry then..."
    S/J all the way!
    Big Honkin' Resolution!

John/Teyla Shipper!
    SAVE STARGATE ATLANTIS!!!!

Major General

I honestly don't know why he is still part of the program..

I to love the scene in Felgers house, seeing Amanda Tapping struggling so hard to keep a straight face is priceless.

I enjoyed this episode, I know it has received a lot of flak for various things but at the end of the day it was designed to entertain and for me, it really did, many laughs watching this one.

This episode was fun. It's not exactly one of the best, and Felger can be uber annoying sometimes (albeit a good character, he can be pretty funny), but it was good enough. The dream-sequence at the end cracked me up.

Major General

That was fun.... cat fight!!

This was my favourite episode for a while! The parts in Felger's house and in the SGC where he was trying to explain this comic book character to hammond were priceless! And the dream parts were so funny. For me in my book of favourite SG-1 guest stars/reccuring characters Patrick McKenna is up there with David Hewlett and Tony Amendola for sure.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast