This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Sci-fi/Fantasy Series Tournament

Okay, simple rules, you get a selection of series to choose from, and you pick out the worst ones and try to get them out. You can only vote once per round and I will do a vote count every day.

First of all I want to get some shows picked out. These shows are already in as they are on Gateworld:

Stargate SG1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Battlestar Gallactica
    Firefly
    Doctor Who
    Lost
    Smallville
    Star Trek: The Origional Series
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Star Trek: Deep Space 9
    Star Trek: Voyager
    Star Trek: Enterprise

But we need another 8 series to add to that list. So, round one will involve you giving the shows you want on the list. The 8 shows with the most votes will be put onto the list tomorrow and the tourney will start. You may choose up to 5 shows, and cannot repeat the same show, you may only vote once before I do the vote count. You may only choose TV series, so Star Wars is not an option. Okay. Off we go
    Last edited by The Signal; 20 April 2006, 03:47 PM.
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Round 0

Dead Like Me
    Angel
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Tru Calling
    Futurama
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

RE: the binary thread. Increase post counts eh?

Quantum Leap.
      Battlestar Galactica (TOS)
      Time Trax.
      7 Days.
      Beauty and the Beast. heeughie!

Urm, is it shows you like? Or just... shows? I loved Quantum Leap. I'm just adding the others for the sake of having them in the list.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
        RE: the binary thread. Increase post counts eh?

Quantum Leap.
        Time Trax.
        7 Days.
        Beauty and the Beast. heeughie!

Urm, is it shows you like? Or just... shows? I loved Quantum Leap. I'm just adding the others for the sake of having them in the list.
        Shows you like.
        And Im no n00b, no need for increasing my post count, no benefits (I only wanted my bleedin custom av ) I do that, well because I can

Comment

Babylon 5
          Farscape
          I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Ah okay. Remove Beauty and the Beast please, and Time Trax? Please? Ple...

*edit* Ah, we can go as far back as ST: TOS? Cool.

Sorry, this IS my final list.

Quantum Leap.
            The Invaders.
            The Outer Limits.

Take out this - 7 Days.
            I just had to include - Space: Above and Beyond.
            Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 20 April 2006, 04:03 PM.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Babylon 5
              Space 1999

Comment

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
                Futurama
                Babylon 5
                Farscape

Comment

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
                  Angel
                  Futurama

+ a couple more i don't really watch, but can make up my 5 votes with...
                  Hex
                  Red Dwarf

...and - SUBSCRIBE!
                  I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Farscape
                    Buck Rogers
                    Time Trax (yes I liked this show even though it could be very bad at times )
                    Sliders
                    Red Dwarf
                    Space Rangers (I know they only showed 4 of the 6 filmed eps but I loved what they showed - it is or was available on VHS)
                    Doctor Who (don't know if this should be separated out like Star Trek by old and current or by Doctor or just lumped as 1 show)

Can we nominate for just seasons? Just Kidding but some shows really had disparate ranges. For Example, Sliders was great 1st 2 seasons okay 3rd and ridiculous the rest.
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Got a Quick Questions - should we be voting for all the shows we like or just those not on the list or only our 8 tops?

I listed just the shows I like that haven't been mentioned but reread you post and now I'm thinking maybe I need to revise it.

Just a suggestion (it's your tourney so feel free to ignore) but why not put all series suggested on the list. Many of us may not care for many of your included shows. I'd probably vote most of the Gateworld included shows off 1st over the choices suggest by other people. Guess I'm just not your standard SciFi Fan.
                      Last edited by Thunderstorm; 20 April 2006, 04:27 PM.
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm
                        Got a Quick Questions - should we be voting for all the shows we like or just those not on the list or only our 8 tops?

I listed just the shows I like that haven't been mentioned but reread you post and now I'm thinking maybe I need to revise it.
                        Originally posted by Ptah
                        So, round one will involve you giving the shows you want on the list. The 8 shows with the most votes will be put onto the list tomorrow and the tourney will start. You may choose up to 5 shows, and cannot repeat the same show, you may only vote once before I do the vote count.
                        SO - you're voting for FIVE to be ADDED to the list, not including ones already ON the list
                        I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Babylon 5
                          Farscape
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Dead Like Me
                            4400 (the mini-series I haven't gotten around to seeing the series yet lol)
                            I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

Red Dwarf

-Can X-Files count? If so, I add a vote for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X