No announcement yet.

Space Race (708)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw this episode for the first time, it has to be the lsmes SG-1 episode ever!!!
    LOL, just dumb
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains,
    And we never even know we have the key.
    Already Gone---------
    The Eagles-----------

Comment

just watched it again and I really liked it, it's got good action sequences and its not the typical ending where the goodguys win.

Comment

Originally posted by defina91rvc
        just watched it again and I really liked it, it's got good action sequences and its not the typical ending where the goodguys win.
        IMO, the good guys did win. Just not our guys.

Comment

Well, it was a light ep. but I thought it was fun. Nice to see the return of "Murray"(sp), and a follow up to a species we had encountered before.

The most interesting thing to me was the portrayal of the combined human/alien culture.

Also, the commentators were a riot.

Comment

Worst episode ever - the acting was horrible save for sg-1 (and yes, I know Eamon's character was played by the actor who played Fifth - Fifth the replicator acted well, eamon the alien acted horribly). The man who Sam and Warrick rescued in the race was the worst actor ever on the show.

The writing was a stupid generic sci-fi plot, complete with the worst humor to hit the show (the announcers). Not funny. Not intersting.

The plot was aweful - for example, the sabotuer's excuse was so long and had nothing to do with the episode that I just about wanted to die when it came up - if you have to justify something with a long speech that comes out of nowhere, you've hit a new low. This episode hit the lowest point the series has ever hit.

One plus would be, as usual, some great special effects. Big deal - give me the special effects of season one if you have to, but just stop giving me these aweful plots.

WORST EPISODE EVER.

Comment

I think it was a traditional filler episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
                Worst episode ever - the acting was horrible save for sg-1 (and yes, I know Eamon's character was played by the actor who played Fifth - Fifth the replicator acted well, eamon the alien acted horribly). The man who Sam and Warrick rescued in the race was the worst actor ever on the show.

The writing was a stupid generic sci-fi plot, complete with the worst humor to hit the show (the announcers). Not funny. Not intersting.

The plot was aweful - for example, the sabotuer's excuse was so long and had nothing to do with the episode that I just about wanted to die when it came up - if you have to justify something with a long speech that comes out of nowhere, you've hit a new low. This episode hit the lowest point the series has ever hit.

One plus would be, as usual, some great special effects. Big deal - give me the special effects of season one if you have to, but just stop giving me these aweful plots.

WORST EPISODE EVER.
                A little harsh, but welcome to the forum anyway.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Glad to be here.

Comment

this was definatly not one of the greatest episodes but i thought what it did show was that sam still can have fun...sort of...
                    "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

All in all I liked this episode--definitely not the best they have ever done, but it was certainly ok. I liked the return of Murray--it was great that Jack immediately knew who the receptionist person was talking about. I also find it wild that the same actor who played Fifth played Eamon!

Comment

Ah, I liked this episode! It was nice to have a more light-hearted one for a change - S7s been a little dark for me lately, (Im watching it for the first time) and I'm getting a bit tired of it. So this was a nice relief!

The only thing I didnt like was that it went a little OTT, and a bit cheesy in places. It was great to see Sam having a fun ep, but stuff like "Whats a girl to do?" just seemed a bit false and trying too hard.. But maybe thats just me. Despite this though, the effects were stunning, and I did really like it!
                        Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

At the end of this episode, I found myself asking the question: "what was the point?". I mean I did enjoy the episode in places, and I totally see the need for "fillers", but I don't really feel this had anything a good filler should have, like character development. Also it wasn't really a very original story (Star Wars pod-racers anyone?).

One thing I did like was that Sam and Warrick didn't win; it would have been far too obvious if they had. The scenes in the studio with the reporter and the previous winner were funny at first but got old quickly. If episodes are not going to have much relevance on future episodes, then they need to have a strong story within themselves, like Revisions. This episode lacked that, and if it had I think it could have been a lot more successful.
                          Last edited by Celsius; 14 May 2005, 04:11 PM. Reason: Name mixup

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

i thought it was a fun ep

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis345
                              i thought it was a fun ep
                              Which is really all it was supposed to be.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Celsius
                                At the end of this episode, I found myself asking the question: "what was the point?". I mean I did enjoy the episode in places, and I totally see the need for "fillers", but I don't really feel this had anything a good filler should have, like character development. Also it wasn't really a very original story (Star Wars pod-racers anyone?).

One thing I did like was that Sam and Murray didn't win; it would have been far too obvious if they had. The scenes in the studio with the reporter and the previous winner were funny at first but got old quickly. If episodes are not going to have much relevance on future episodes, then they need to have a strong story within themselves, like Revisions. This episode lacked that, and if it had I think it could have been a lot more successful.
                                Just a few minor points. Murray was the name Teal'C used in that episode ( as he has in other episodes). Warrick, played by Alex Zahara, all time winner of the SG I Play an Alien Contest, was the captain of the Seberus, the ship he and Sam were flying in the race.

Overall, I thought it was one of the weakest of the season 7 episodes. It had a few good moments, but over all, it boardered on boring. Just my very lame opinion....
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X