Space Race (708)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for pointing that out Lida

I was watching the commentary today and another point struck me: this is probably the most laid-back race I've ever seen. I mean there was no real sense of urgency, until the end. Maybe that wasn't the point, but I think the pacing of the episode suffered because of it.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

I liked the episode. So far all other episodes involved race's that where either more or less advance than the humans of earth. Whats more, all the other races are pritty much human (with exceptions). It showed there was race/ planet out there that shared similarities and difference with that of earth (i.e. similarities = corporate advertisement on a grand scale; difference = 2 alien races living within the same culture)

I thought the episode was fresh

Comment

Originally posted by Celsius
        Thanks for pointing that out Lida

I was watching the commentary today and another point struck me: this is probably the most laid-back race I've ever seen. I mean there was no real sense of urgency, until the end. Maybe that wasn't the point, but I think the pacing of the episode suffered because of it.
        Good point Celsuius, the "pacing" of the race was rather slow and I agree, the overall pacing of the show did suffer because of it. You would think, since the prize was so lucrative, they would be gunning it to the finish line. I realize it wasn't just a test of speed, but also piloting skills and intelligence, but in the end, the winner was the one who crossed the finish line first.

What I did enjoy enjoy about the show, was the social commentary TPTB brought in, about race. I realize SG-1 is "just" SciFi, but I do enjoy it more because of the moral issues they do address and in Space Race, race and racial intolerance was one of them.

Just my opinion.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I enjoyed the team interaction in this ep brief as it was as for the other aspects it was okish. The news casts were just fillers added after cos the episode ran short if my memory serves.

Comment

Originally posted by Verona
            I enjoyed the team interaction in this ep brief as it was as for the other aspects it was okish. The news casts were just fillers added after cos the episode ran short if my memory serves.

Hey, I thought the "commentaries" were hilarious! Anyone who's seen a Nascar or Indy race on TV can appreciate the dead-on similarities. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the Tech-Con company, which seemingly owns & runs everything on the planet. The company's product commercials were as hilarious as the newscasts. "Don't let your kids get burned to death from exposure to the sun; slather Tech-Con SunShade on them to protect their skin from painful welts and fatal necrosis." (Yeah, look it up.)

This episode may not have furthered the long plot-line with the Goa'uld, but don't forget folks, it's a big galaxy, and occasionally the SG teams run into non-Goa'uld civilizations. We're explorers, after all, and the more allies we can meet & technologies we can share can only help us in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
              Hey, I thought the "commentaries" were hilarious! Anyone who's seen a Nascar or Indy race on TV can appreciate the dead-on similarities. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the Tech-Con company, which seemingly owns & runs everything on the planet. The company's product commercials were as hilarious as the newscasts. "Don't let your kids get burned to death from exposure to the sun; slather Tech-Con SunShade on them to protect their skin from painful welts and fatal necrosis." (Yeah, look it up.)

This episode may not have furthered the long plot-line with the Goa'uld, but don't forget folks, it's a big galaxy, and occasionally the SG teams run into non-Goa'uld civilizations. We're explorers, after all, and the more allies we can meet & technologies we can share can only help us in the long run.
              I completely agree. I thought it was a great laugh, people just need to take the episode for what it is, some fun. As I said before it was a fresh episode.

Comment

loved the episode , Season 7 just keeps getting better!!

Comment

I liked it, even though it was kind of a filler episode.

Comment

i really liked tjhe funny adverts and the commentary but sam said she wud win next time i hope we see the next time maybe the ori hav arrived on hebridan so sg1 go back with the puddle jumper once theyve dealt with the prior sam and mitchell enter the race

Comment

IMO, this was an ok one off, it was definitely cheesy and funny.
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

I think that's what it was aiming for. No seriousness whatsoever, just a fun episode for Sam.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

for some reason they never showed this episode in the uk

Comment

They did - you must just have missed it!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

yeah probably thats why i've bought the dvd im waiting for it to arrive

Comment

it never aired in the uks 6pm re runs damm that was how i kept up as i only started watching from s8

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
                                X