Space Race (708)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WishIwasJoes View Post
    I really loved how Teal'c did not want to be bored with Jack and Dr. Jackson and lied that Sam asked him to stay with her. So many great little things and the race itself was interesting. I enjoyed the world and the players. 7 out of 10 for me.

Sam's reply is really cool!

:"I am in your Debt Major Carter"
    :"Indeed"

Classic Stuff!

Great episode, always good to have a few episodes that are not related to the principle story arc!
    Last edited by nmmb; 05 July 2009, 12:57 PM.
    My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

This is one of the worst episodes for me.

Comment

this episode was so OT that I had so much fun watching it the commentators and the commercials were just

Comment

This is indeed a funny episode and it is one of my favourites

Comment

I saw it today. The episode was ok and funny.
            It was fun to see Carter having fun and Teal'c lying to Jack.

Comment

What was with Sam? First in motorcycle gear [odd] and then very, very bubbly and smiley.

Love the commentators!

all in all a good eppy.
              sigpic

Comment

Enjoyable eppy, but not one of my favorites. Reminded me quite a lot of a Voyager episode whose name I can't remember...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  Enjoyable eppy, but not one of my favorites. Reminded me quite a lot of a Voyager episode whose name I can't remember...
                  "Drive".
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

What I liked best about this ep, was all the commercial commentary. Not usually something you see about aliens. Just goes to show even aliens have a day to day existence with the ordinary things of life taking over.
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

First things first. I thought Warrick's planet didn't have a stargate.

Looks like here in Season 7 it's turning into take-turns-to-be-center-of-story. If the last one as Daniel, then this one has to be Sam, as Daniel and O'Neil effectively disappear. Not a favorite episode at all. Looks like I have to focus only on episodes where the four of them are involved. But it looks like O'Neill is in it for about 5-10 minutes an episode. Too bad.
                        The only interesting thing is the coexistence of humans with those of the Warrick species on the same world. I wonder how that happened.
                        Last edited by Dave2; 22 December 2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I don't know what they were thinking with this episode. It's like a bastard offspring of Farscape and Star Trek, and I don't like it much. While it is fun, it's just too far removed from what I enjoy about Stargate. I don't know if the writer's were trying to make it cheesy (obviously, the stupid news scenes are supposed to be), but there is so much dumb writing on show here.

It bugs me that this alien planet is so similar to Earth culture, with the American stlye newscast, advertising and talk of credit ratings, telephones, etc. It's a massive misstep for the show, and I hate having all the silly looking aliens here.

On the plus side, the episode made me laugh a few times. And, I thought Amanda Tapping looked gorgeous in this one. Did anybody else get reminded of the music from Mass Effect when they were watching the race introduction video?

RATING: 4 out of 10
                          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

This Episodes is one of my Favorites, simply because this is one of these Episodes that dont take themselfs to seriously. I was just watching it and wondering why everyone made kind of a big deal of Sam having fun? At least there were 2 scenes dedicated to the others questioning her motives and she did not admit it until the end.

For me this Episode is kind of inspired by Starship Troopers with these weird broadcasts and advertisements. Starship Troopers did that in the first and third movie and it took me very long to understand that that is supposed to be a joke and a comment on how Humans are. This Episode is pretty much the same in this sense.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Easily in my worst top 10 episodes ever...

Although if it comes on the TV I will watch it - or have it as background noise ...there are a couple of episodes that I will NEVER watch again and actually race to turn off the TV if they come on....so I guess it scores brownie points for that at least!..
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

This is a fun episode, not taking itself too seriously. I always laugh at Jack's line when they save Teal'c and Eamon -

"How many times have I told you, don't get caught by the bad guys?"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X