Space Race (708)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
    I just want to say how much i LOve this episode! I know a few people don't think it which i really don'tr understand as its a race in space with aliens, excellent CGI and cool characters.

The Astaroid feiulds looked amazing and so did the City and news reports.
    Also i loved the Frasier/niles like personalities of Warrick and his brother.

Finally its good to see some actual aliens that look like aliens on stargate.
    Spoiler:
    Rest in piece Serrakins
    agreed
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ludofjn View Post
      steal the cerberus add a asguard hyperdrive you got yourself one fast ride
      Oh yeah!

Comment

I thought this episode was great fun. I may be slightly biased, as Sam is my favourite character, so I always like Sam-centric eps, but I did really enjoy this one. We got to see another side of Sam, where she was having lots of fun and being quite laid-back at times, which was great. I also loved seeing Hebridan, what a cool place! Very futuristic. Many of the worlds we see in SG-1 aren't all futuristic and snazzy, so it was a nice change.

This episode never felt like "filler" to me. Sometimes, episodes away from the overall story arcs can be quite refreshing. As much as I love the Goa'uld, a break away from them every now and then is good!

"I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

I like this episode its almost like a new shoe with SG1 crossovers, or thats the way it feels to me. Joleth walking up while they were in the mechanical shop reminded me of Ben Stiller in Dodgeball, hitting on Sam and telling warrick he was going to lose, very funny episode
          BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Meh. Not one of my favourites. But then Sam isn't a favourite of mine, so that is probably why. Also, it was giving me scary flashbacks to Phantom Menace *shiver*. I DID like the short exchanges between her and Daniel, though. Very cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
              Meh. Not one of my favourites. But then Sam isn't a favourite of mine, so that is probably why. Also, it was giving me scary flashbacks to Phantom Menace *shiver*. I DID like the short exchanges between her and Daniel, though. Very cute.
              Sam isnt one of my favs either, and I absolutely dislike her being in Atlantis, but she was kinda cute in this ep, the bouncy, cuteness came very naturally to her, more so then a few of her technobabble speechs (to avid Carter fans I said Few not all )
              BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

I loved the commentators, they said in the commentaries that they were partially based on Don Cherry and Ron MacLean from "Hockey Night in Canada" Cherry is way more obnoxious than the first guy (Ardal?) but I really saw MacLean in the other guy (Coyle Boron?) with how put-upon he was. I thought they were really funny ("interesting...in a horrifying sense")

Sam and Daniel have great scenes together, I wish it happened more often...

I loved Jarlath, his line delivery was so bad and cliched that it did came back to being good again (especially "shut up Warrick and go back to losing the race")

I enjoy this episode.

Comment

the actual space race was fun and the fx were great. the commentaries were annoying. and jarlath reminds of those pro-wrestlers. sooo cliche. he was funny when he said "you're gonna get a little thing like your brother's life stop you from winning?"

overall, not an ep i'd be watching again soon.
                  Last edited by L E E; 27 July 2008, 10:45 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed this ep as a change of pace & I think they did a wonderful job creating this world It was also nice seeing them go back & get in touch & see how things are going with new friends we'd met before

Comment

Originally posted by SG1FanOregon View Post
                      I enjoyed this ep as a change of pace & I think they did a wonderful job creating this world It was also nice seeing them go back & get in touch & see how things are going with new friends we'd met before
                      Yup that is very true...about going back and seeing "old" new friends that were made....

Comment

This has to be my favourite episode! I completely fell in love with the character of Jarlath.
                        JARLATH: Weapons Master -- Space Racer

Comment

Kinda liked this ep... nice break from the norm.

Did anyone besides me notice a prop that they re-used from MacGyver?

Comment

I'm still not sure about this episode, not one of my favourites. Kind of strange they used up what must have been a fair chunk of the effects budget on such an average ep, and I thought even the script and some of the acting was below the usual high standards for the show.

Comment

Originally posted by ValaDee View Post
                              Yup that is very true...about going back and seeing "old" new friends that were made....

So true and the game Commentators were so funny, I was cracking up. It was a great episode. Such a new pace and we get to see a really interesting side of Sam. Although her running into the SGC in her motorcycle gear was kinda much for me. I really loved how Teal'c did not want to be bored with Jack and Dr. Jackson and lied that Sam asked him to stay with her. So many great little things and the race itself was interesting. I enjoyed the world and the players. 7 out of 10 for me.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
                              Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

It was an ok episode but nothing more than that .

A few funny moments but some of the actors were overplaying it .

As always Sam was great.

Rating : 6 / 10

Comment

Working...
                                X