Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn for season 10 (Memento Mori)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas Quinn for season 10 (Memento Mori)?

I've just done a quick search but did'nt find anything explicitly refering to this so if it's already been posted i'm sorry.

I've read here that Jonas won't becoming back for season 10, this was not unexpected, but can some explain this for me:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0789662/

Series Cast
    These people are regular cast members. Were they in this episode?
    Richard Dean Anderson .... Colonel/Brigadier General/Major General Jack O'Neill
    Michael Shanks .... Dr. Daniel Jackson
    Ben Browder .... Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
    Amanda Tapping .... Captain/Major/Lt. Col. Samantha Carter
    Christopher Judge .... Teal'c
    Beau Bridges .... Major General Hank Landry
    Claudia Black .... Vala Mal Doran
    Don S. Davis .... Major General/Lieutenant General George Hammond
    Corin Nemec .... Jonas Quinn

Don't believe everything you read on IMDB. They're notoriously crap about casting details, probably because any idiot with a computer can "update" the info. Folks mis-hear, make wild guesses, fanwank their little brains out or flat-out LIE.

The producers have said Jonas is never returning. Martin Gero said it just a few weeks ago. I highly doubt they've changed their mind (and I do mean that in the singular).

Comment

Maybe it's a flashback.

Or perhaps they intend to kill Jonas off so that people can't complain about not hearing about him again, after all 'Memento Mori' mean 'Moment to Die'.

Comment

No, he isnt coming back, its something a fan has sumbited, IMDb is total crap and not worth listening to
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

It isn't a flashback, it isn't an attempt to kill off the character- he isn't going to appear in the ep. At all. IMDB got it wrong- just as they've gotten dozens of other things wrong in the past and as they'll continue to get things wrong in the future.

That IMDB entry is bull.

Comment

As much as I hope this is true...I agree with Shadow and Ptah.

If he is in the ep...it'll be archive footage...but I'd doubt they'd even do that.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

This crap is also for 3 more season 10 episodes, for which we don't know the full (regular and guest) cast yet. Yeah, fans' submissions are their hopes that miracle happens and they'll see their favourite characters.

Comment

Originally posted by TPL2005
                Memento Mori' mean 'Moment to Die'.
                Memento does not translate to moment as is commonly thought. It actually means remember/memory. You know, we collect memento's of vacations etc to remember what happened.

Memento Mori roughly translates to Remember that [you will] die or in less direct translation and more figurative way Remember your mortality.

Although occasionaly when translated you can get the slightly less correct meaning of Remember the dead.

Now, the first 2 meanings would probably make a good whumping ep. The last a good flash back.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

On the IMDB page, it doesn't actually say that Jonas will be in the episode. It simply lists current and previous cast regulars. It gives no information whatsoever as to who will actually be in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by TPL2005
                    I've just done a quick search but did'nt find anything explicitly refering to this so if it's already been posted i'm sorry.

I've read here that Jonas won't becoming back for season 10, this was not unexpected, but can some explain this for me:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0789662/
                    This is the IMDB. No doubt a fan who desperately wants JQ back in epsiodes put it in. Anybody can submit information; IMDB does not verify information; if they did, you wouldn't be finding the mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      This is the IMDB. No doubt a fan who desperately wants JQ back in epsiodes put it in. Anybody can submit information; IMDB does not verify information; if they did, you wouldn't be finding the mistakes
                      It's not that they don't verify information. If you go to Stargate SG-1 main page there, not particular episode, there's the whole, previous and present, cast mentioned there and it just goes from episode to episode, unless it's being changed to reflect the most valid and true information.

Comment

Do not trust IMDB!!!!!! Jonas will never be seen again unfortunately. For whatever reason TPTB despise him.

Comment

I don't think the character of Jonas would really fit in with the current story arcs...he worked well for his time...but the current story...eh..he just wouldn't work.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Oops my bad, it's an obvious and stupid mistake! Lock this thread up or whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                              I don't think the character of Jonas would really fit in with the current story arcs...he worked well for his time...but the current story...eh..he just wouldn't work.
                              Oh, I think that TPTB could come up with a decent Jonas story if they really wanted to. Something maybe dealing with the Priors visiting Jonas' homeworld. However, TPTB probably won't be using him again for one reason or another. Oh well, I guess.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X