Clear All

Convergence (216)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Convergence"

"Convergence"
    Ep: 2.16
    Release Date: April 20th 2006
    Written by Mike Coakley

Having fully recovered from his injuries, Yusuf Naiyeer returns to Horizon. The celebration of Yusuf's return is cut short, when a mysterious Ancient device has an unusual effect on him.
    Outstanding
    16.67%
    Good
    50.00%
    Fair
    33.33%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

The episode thread is now open for discussion. Look for the episode to be released some time around 4pm EST today.

Comment

It was an okay episode, I'd say. Some of the pieces of the plot didn't seem very crucial, unless perhaps they were there for the sake of setting something up for later. Sullivan's presence seemed a little pointless, but whatever. Some cliches were employed for Yusuf's actions (a lot of it seemed to be taken from "Prototype"), which sort of took away from the newness of the experience.
      It was good, but it wasn't Horizon at its finest.

Overall: **1/2

Comment

Not the easiest to please, are you, colonel?
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Im interested in knowing where he got the link.

And Ryu is impossible to please.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Uh... it's almost always the same: http://www.stargatehorizon.com/[season #][period][episode number]%20[episode name, spaces included, minus articles].pdf

Anyway, just because I didn't think it was perfect doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it. I've enjoyed just about every Horizon episode I've read so far, but there were some that weren't particularly spectacular in my eyes. Besides, Horizon keeps raising the bar for itself, and there's no way that they can live up to episodes like "Troika," "Valiant," "What Comes Before the Dawn," "The Cold and Distant Stars," "The Devil to Pay," "Path of Revelation, Part III," and "The Adversary" every time.

And no, I'm not impossible to please. I just didn't like this episode as much as others.

Comment

The episode wasnt up when you posted your review...least not for me...interesting.
              sigpic

Comment

That's because of the one or two hour time difference between when the file is uploaded and when its link is actively advertised on the site main page.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                  Sullivan's presence seemed a little pointless, but whatever.
                  I felt early on in the season that it was time that we'd address the fact that Christine is the leading archeologist on Horizon - but at the same time she doesn't have any academic titles. And of course she can't be the only archeologist on the station, so we needed to put her in a situation where she would be confronted with someone who's not all too happy about that fact.

And the idea of connecting that to the pilot (having Sullivan being the guy who almost became a member of the Horizon team) only makes it more interesting. I think everyone can put themselves in his point of view as well - who wouldn't be upset?

Of course the reason that Grant chose Christine over someone with more experience, has to do with him having recognized her special talent ever since he first met her. They've known each other for over six years before "Awakening", and he's always been a great believer in her potential - at times even more than she herself had been. Of course Sullivan wouldn't see it that way.

So, all in all that made for a nice B-plot. And, as I said, it was time to deal with this fact, as otherwise it would have started seeming a bit unrealistic. I think we all felt about it that way.

And when it came to finding an episode to fit this B-plot in, "Convergence" turned out to be the ideal one for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                    That's because of the one or two hour time difference between when the file is uploaded and when its link is actively advertised on the site main page.
                    Meh, you went into the directory itself.
                    sigpic

Comment

No, I just typed in the URL for the episode, and read it. No directory involved, I just knew what the URL would be.

Comment

You cheat
                        Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Meh, nothing wrong with it. I found a CG image of Horizion by roaming their directories.

Anyway, good episode. I enjoyed it, rather liked some of the backstory about Chris and was good to see Yasuf back.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                            Meh, nothing wrong with it. I found a CG image of Horizion by roaming their directories.
                            Seriously? If Alex doesn't mind I'd love to see that (I'm still basically picturing DS9 for Horizon )

Also, I liked this episode. However, one question - do we now have a working ZPM?
                            Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Glad that it's being enjoyed for the most part.

As for the ZPM, it appears for now that the ZPM has been set to overload, so it isn't really usable. Perhaps in the future we can return to fix it?
                              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                              Stargate Destiny, Fan
                              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Working...
                              X