Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah... i can totally understand wanting it to be just right... it's pretty darn hard to get rid of tatoos!

Comment

I do kinda like the Taur'i (Earth) stargate symbol, but tatoo's are a little too permanent for my taste. . . .
      efficiency is nothing more than intelligent laziness

Comment

Hey chelle, come visit me when I get to NYC and we'll both go and get a tat!

The 1st one is always the hardest! LOL!
        "It's a blast door"

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123
          I briefly thought about the symbol for Earth on my ankle, but decided against it. I do like (and am considering) the eye of Horus which basically looks like the eye of Ra but with a much more positive meaning.
          The eye of horus is the eye of ra! people just mistakingly say that it's the Eye of Ra!

kady
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainE420
            I do kinda like the Taur'i (Earth) stargate symbol, but tatoo's are a little too permanent for my taste. . . .
            why don't you do it in something like Henna? that way it will only last about 3 weeks!

kady
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady
              The eye of horus is the eye of ra! people just mistakingly say that it's the Eye of Ra!

kady

actually, there's lots of different eyes... or at least a couple... there are "eyes" (which basically work similar to the gods they're named for IIRC) all over the place... the two most common, though, are the eye of horus and the eye of ra... the eye of ra is more commonly referred to as its own entity, while the eye of horus is often a symbol representing horus while (though less than ra) it's considered to have it own power... (that's from what i can recall... in my study i focus more on the gods than the eyes and eye-power gods...)

either way though, the egyptian eyes are always a good tattoo choice!

Comment

In my best Sinatra voice..... Start spreadin the news.....I'm leavin today......dunt dunt duhda dunt....

Oh god...another song to stick in my head for a month! LOL

Comment

I've been debating for ages whether to get an ankh tattooed. I know its not strictly Stargate related but it does tie in with the Egyptian mythology used in the show.

Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                    I really, really would like to get the PoO symbol on my lower back but I hate being like everyone else..:\

The only way I can get around this in my mind is that maybe we are all 'bound' to each other with are similar tattoos?

Try to convince/console me folks.
                    Hey Camper,

You wouldn't be considered the same as everyone else if you got the Point of Origin tattooed on your back. Everyone gets a tattoo for different reasons -- Stargate tattoos are no difference.

Now, if a group of people got together and all had the PoO put in the same spot, same color, and for the same reason -- now that might be considered bondage. (Okay, maybe that's a bad word choice...)

Besides, you don't have to go with the PoO that's used in the Stargate title. There are several variations of the symbol out there, or you can even concoct your own. I had a few ideas in mind before I had mine done, but I decided to go with the title design in the end.

It all comes down to why you want the tattoo. It's not like a haircut that will just grow out in a month, or a style of clothing that you can toss when it goes out of fashion. This is something that will stay with you forever -- even laser removal isn't 100% successful. As I've said before, I got mine because Stargate (Mr. Anderson's presence and wise words of "LTS" in particular) helped me through a very rough spot in my life. I always want to remember him, Stargate, and that I have the strength to overcome what I perceived as impossible. If you have a reason you want to remember Stargate, or a particular aspect of it, than go for it. I love mine -- it makes me grin and I think of RDA every time I see it. I also enjoy telling other people about it when they inquire about its meaning.

So, there's my prattling about getting a PoO tattoo. I hope it's what you wanted to hear. There's nothing wrong with having an image that other people have. Think of how many people out there have butterflies, skulls, and spider webs. It all depends on why you want it. It's the individual story that will make your tattoo unique.
                    Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                      Hello Campers,

My tattoo is, as some of you have already guessed, the Earth point of Origin. It is on my left forearm and is done in black ink. The symbol also bears the initials “LTS” below it, meaning “Life’s Too Short.” I borrowed this saying from Mr. Richard Dean Anderson because it means so much to me. I’m not going to get into the details – those are reserved for those tolerant enough to really know me – however I will say I feel greatly indebted to RDA for sharing his outlook on life. It changed mine from the first time I heard it – sound too dramatic for you? Well, I’m afraid it’s the truth – no way around it. I never want to forget him or Stargate for that matter. The influence they’ve had over me has been immense. I’m hoping that somehow, one day, I’ll be able to thank Mr. Anderson personally – though I know I’m more likely to be struck by lightening, twice, in the same spot, than this wish ever coming true.

Please don’t judge as being a “gang-banger” or “rebellious” me for getting tattoo. Every time I look at it, I think of what once was and now what is – and of course the man inadvertently responsible – and I’m truly happy. I’ll carry it with me now for the rest of my days and beyond.
                      Struck by lightning? Twice? No faith!

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
                        Struck by lightning? Twice? No faith!

Hey,

It almost happened! Being stuck out in the middle of the woods during an unexpected super cell storm (wind, hail, close lightening, deluge or rain)-- believe me, I haven't used that adage since then. So, let's try something else to describe the probability: I have a better chance of ... winning the lottery ... than personally meeting Mr. Anderson. Yeah, that sounds much safer to me
                        Bander

"LTS" -- Mr. Richard Dean Anderson

"I only understand one percent of what she says half the time." -- Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                          I've been debating for ages whether to get an ankh tattooed. I know its not strictly Stargate related but it does tie in with the Egyptian mythology used in the show.

Lucy
                          yeah! an ankh would be awesome too! i've been trying to get my hands on an ankh necklace charm for a good price for a long time, and it hasn't worked for me!! so maybe a tattoo if i get brave!

Comment

I had a really pretty gold Ankh necklace but it was so teeny I've lost it so now I want another one. I think if I was to get a tattoo an ankh would deffinately be what I'd get.

Comment

if i got one, i would prob'ly design my own and incorporate an ankh, the earth PoO (but the original cartouche one from the movie with the two guys next to it... i like that one better tattoo-coolness-wise ), and a sentence/phrase/word in ancient egyptian (or maybe arabic or coptic...)

Comment

Okay... had to ask; does anyone have a Stargate tattoo? I've thought it might be cool to get the symbol for Earth. I just had to know if anyone else had gotten one

Comment

Working...
                                X